The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bingo on August 24, 2012, 09:57:47 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 24, 2012, 09:33:07 AM
Liverpool trying to get Clint Dempsy for £7.5M. Would be a great buy IMO. Good player and would pave the way for a Carroll exit.

EC is like one of those ITK unnamed "football agents" on twitter. They post about these wild stories that are mentioned no where else and then nothing ever comes of them. Haven't seen Dempsey mentioned anywhere this morning.

Sahin looks very close and Spearing to Bolton also looks like there is something in it.

Got a result last night and that main thing, wasn't a brillant perfromance. Sterling and Robinson continue to look the part with room to improve of course but they have a great attitude to it.

Allen in his brief appearance looks a real player - compossed, always looking the ball and looking to play it forward, great awareness as well.

Shelvey struggled at times, maybe trying too hard to impress. Borini missed a couple of chances but his movement is very good and I think he'll score goals.

Carra is an accident waiting to happen. Was disappointed Coates didn't start.

Adam was head and shoulders above every player on show last night, how big offers aren't coming in amazes me. Pity Real and Barca were playing each other and they missed this master class, as surely a bidding war would break out.

Getting worried about this now. Why is Coates not getting a chance? He should have played last night. He's not going to get any better sitting on his arse in the stand.

laoislad

Raheem Sterling was excellent last night and is a great prospect, at 17 he won't play as much as he wants to but I think he should be included in most match day squads.
I haven't felt this excited about a 17 year old since Roisin Murphy asked me for a shift the night we got our leaving cert results.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2012, 10:12:19 AM

Getting worried about this now. Why is Coates not getting a chance? He should have played last night. He's not going to get any better sitting on his arse in the stand.

I can hope that it was to see what Carra can do rather than a problem with Coates. Doesn't look good for Sunday though if we have Carra and Skrtel.

There was a ball near they end that Carra came across to clear, he missed it and Hearts had a decent chance from it. His body language was that of a man who knew he got out of jail and was struggling. That Carra of old would have bollixed the full back for getting the cross in and fingering him with all the blame  :)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on August 24, 2012, 10:30:09 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2012, 10:12:19 AM

I can hope that it was to see what Carra can do rather than a problem with Coates. Doesn't look good for Sunday though if we have Carra and Skrtel.

There was a ball near they end that Carra came across to clear, he missed it and Hearts had a decent chance from it. His body language was that of a man who knew he got out of jail and was struggling. That Carra of old would have bollixed the full back for getting the cross in and fingering him with all the blame  :)

That was a real holy shit moment! The only hope is that Coates didn't play as he is playing on Sunday. I know it may be wishful thinkimg but here's hoping. Allen brought a seriois level of calmness to the whole thing when he came on.  Sterling is a real little nugget and will be a huge player in the next few years.

If the transfer window finishes withe Sahin, Dempsey and maybe another striker in and another striker in with Spearing, Adam and maybe Carroll gone then you would have to be happy. Pity Joe Cole 'pulled' a hamstring!

AZOffaly

Coates is going to struggle when he comes in first, but he is the future and if he isn't allowed come in and make mistakes he will never learn.

ONeill

He'll be a welcome addition to Liverpool's squad and what Rodgers needs right now. Arsene just too financially prudent to spend that money on a loan deal with no end purchase clause.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bingo

Quote from: ONeill on August 24, 2012, 12:06:42 PM
He'll be a welcome addition to Liverpool's squad and what Rodgers needs right now. Arsene just too financially prudent to spend that money on a loan deal with no end purchase clause.

Arsene would make a great Minsiter for Finance.

From Liverpool point of view its a gamble towards CL qualification, if (as likely) they don't make it they aren't strapped with a big fee and wages going forward.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on August 24, 2012, 12:06:42 PM

I had read that there was a £14m option to buy at the end of the loan, according to BBC Liverpool were willing to pay more of his wages than Arsenal.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bingo

Hears one for EC:

Liverpool to sign Huntelaar.

Carmen Stateside

Good to get the win last night and the away goal despite a poor enough display.  Hearts worked there socks off all night but never really threatened.  Coates I hope was being rested for Sunday, Carra along with Spearing and Shelvey were very poor.  Does anyone think Robinson was taken off early with Sundays game in mind or was it a tactic by Buck to get more attacking with Downing?
Joe Allen for me could be the best signing of the summer, looked so good when he came on last night, love how he demands the ball all the time and keeps it moving, has a great touch as well. 

EC Unique

Liverpool trying to get Clint Dempsy for £7.5M. Would be a great buy IMO. Good player and would pave the way for a Carroll exit.

EC is like one of those ITK unnamed "football agents" on twitter. They post about these wild stories that are mentioned no where else and then nothing ever comes of them. Haven't seen Dempsey mentioned anywhere this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18886354

Maybe you should read more...

Capt Pat

The Sahin deal is getting closer as Wenger confirms Arsenal are out of the running and Rodgers says a deal is close.

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on August 24, 2012, 05:04:40 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18886354

Maybe you should read more...

Maybe you should read a bit more yourself and I quote a from that link "Liverpool made an enquiry for Dempsey in June but have not followed up on their interest having baulked at Fulham's asking price."

That piece was about a complaint by fulham, not a purchase or even the BBC rumour mill page. The complaint was made in July and responded to in July and BBC only got wind of it yesterday, hence the report.

I fail to see the 7.5m anywhere and any mention of Carroll.

Maybe you should read more and stop making stuff up....you should seek a career in the tabloids.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on August 24, 2012, 05:25:27 PM
Maybe you should read more and stop making stuff up....you should seek a career in the tabloids.

He has photos of Wayne Rooney in Vegas but even the S** has its limits

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on August 24, 2012, 05:27:37 PM
Quote from: Bingo on August 24, 2012, 05:25:27 PM

He has photos of Wayne Rooney in Vegas but even the S** has its limits
No-one needs to see that.