The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: angermanagement on August 23, 2012, 07:46:33 PM
Average team shows how poor the squad is, Hearts 11/2 looks a great value bet.
A second string Tottenham beat Hearts 5-0 in Tynecastle last season. To be honest i don't see any great value in that bet.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Hound on August 23, 2012, 07:54:25 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 23, 2012, 07:50:49 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 23, 2012, 06:45:08 PM
LFC team v Hearts : Reina, Robinson, Carragher, Agger, Kelly, Henderson, Spearing, Adam, Shelvey, Sterling, Borini

With Carragher starting hopefully that means Coates will be given a chance at the weekend
I think its the opposite. And he's already made one cockup, blessed to get away with it.

He's become a liability. There's a bit of panick everytime he's isolated

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2012, 07:56:09 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on August 23, 2012, 07:46:33 PM
Average team shows how poor the squad is, Hearts 11/2 looks a great value bet.
A second string Tottenham beat Hearts 5-0 in Tynecastle last season. To be honest i don't see any great value in that bet.

Bale, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Walker, Lennon, Van der Vaart and Defoe all started that game. Very far from a second string. They actually started more regulars than Liverpool have tonight.

GalwayBayBoy

17 year old Raheem Sterling has been our best player by a mile. Just set up Borini right on half-time and our old friend Mr Woodwork made his first appearance this season.

wildrover

I firmly believe that John-Joe Shelvey is the worst player in the premier league...

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: wildrover on August 23, 2012, 08:56:59 PM
I firmly believe that John-Joe Shelvey is the worst player in the premier league...

Thought he was Liverpool's best player after Sterling in the first half to be honest.

wildrover

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 23, 2012, 09:00:43 PM
Quote from: wildrover on August 23, 2012, 08:56:59 PM

Thought he was Liverpool's best player after Sterling in the first half to be honest.

Graphic illustration of how two people can watch same thing but form entirely different opinions....

I thought he was shocking....passes astray...poor touches...slide tackles mistimed...

blewuporstuffed

I think it showed how far behind liverpools 3 starting midfielders tonight are, joe Allen looked a different class of player when he came on.
Henderson offered very little either.
Sterling was the real positive and another game under the belt for borini, who I think wil be a good player when he settles in
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Minder

Looks like Sahin is coming to Liverpool.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on August 23, 2012, 10:07:44 PM
Looks like Sahin is coming to Liverpool.

Too soon to laugh at gerry in the Arsenal thread?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

el_cuervo_fc

Hopefully one way or the other this is sorted out in the next couple of days

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-on-sahin-latest

Brendan Rodgers expects to discover in the next 24 hours whether Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin will join Liverpool on loan.

The manager was asked about a potential move in his press conference following the 1-0 victory over Hearts.

He said: "Hopefully in the next 24 hours we'll get some confirmation on that.

"It's quite far [along the line]. He's a very good footballer."

deiseach

Sterling was good, no doubt about it. I'm suspicious of live-wire wingers, but the way he pounced on that cross-field pass on the stroke of half-time was tremendous. He set off after it long before the player struck the ball, anticipating that the Hearts player would screw up. Now that, I like.

EC Unique

Liverpool trying to get Clint Dempsy for £7.5M. Would be a great buy IMO. Good player and would pave the way for a Carroll exit.

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on August 24, 2012, 09:33:07 AM
Liverpool trying to get Clint Dempsy for £7.5M. Would be a great buy IMO. Good player and would pave the way for a Carroll exit.

EC is like one of those ITK unnamed "football agents" on twitter. They post about these wild stories that are mentioned no where else and then nothing ever comes of them. Haven't seen Dempsey mentioned anywhere this morning.

Sahin looks very close and Spearing to Bolton also looks like there is something in it.

Got a result last night and that main thing, wasn't a brillant perfromance. Sterling and Robinson continue to look the part with room to improve of course but they have a great attitude to it.

Allen in his brief appearance looks a real player - compossed, always looking the ball and looking to play it forward, great awareness as well.

Shelvey struggled at times, maybe trying too hard to impress. Borini missed a couple of chances but his movement is very good and I think he'll score goals.

Carra is an accident waiting to happen. Was disappointed Coates didn't start.

Adam was head and shoulders above every player on show last night, how big offers aren't coming in amazes me. Pity Real and Barca were playing each other and they missed this master class, as surely a bidding war would break out.

supersarsfields

Hearts were good value in the first half but you could see the amount of energy they were using closing down Liverpool straight from defence.
The problem with the tippy tappy football is that you need confident midfielders who were going to go towards the defence and demand the ball of them. I don't think we had anyone starting last night that had the presence to take the ball and dictate the pace of the game. Again part of this was the effort being put in by Hearts in getting close to the ball everytime a liverpool player was on the ball. Out of that starting midfield I would like to see two leave the club. Do a bit of a clear out. Prob like to see Spearing and Adam go.
Sterling looks like a real prospect. He's got that trickery and more importantly pace that will scare defenders. Seems to be able to turn inside or go the outside to the byline as well which is good. 
It pains me to see Carragher in the team now. He was one of my favorite players for a good 5-6 years and it's tough seeing him get turned and roasted for pace in nearly every game now. Think it's time to either try Coates or look to another option.