The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 13, 2012, 10:17:42 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 13, 2012, 10:13:55 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 13, 2012, 10:07:48 AM
Has anyone commented about the awful punditry by Redknob on Saturday?  Was adamant Ferdinand cleaned out Suarez and should have walked despite numerous replays showing what a great tackle it was.  Gives no balance to the panel as he was obviously there for the Liverpool angle, Souness would have been much better.
Was Redkanpp not saying Ferdinand got the balll 1st, then Suarez got a touch and subsequently Ferd's follow through took Suarez out?

Far too hard to call and no way the ref could have seen this as you could barely see it with multiple replays and the the actual area being maghified.
Looking at it in real time it was obviously a good tackle but that is my opinion only I suppose.

Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2012, 10:15:04 AM
Has anyone commented about the awful punditry by Redknob on Saturday?  Was adamant Ferdinand cleaned out Suarez and should have walked despite numerous replays showing what a great tackle it was.  Gives no balance to the panel as he was obviously there for the Liverpool angle, Souness would have been much better.

Not that it matters now but one of the Times journos on Twitter was adamant Ferdinand got the ball with his right foot and took Suarez down with his other leg, making it a foul and probable red card. I haven't seen it again so don't know.
Tackling is almost outlawed nowadays anyway!

Except for Phil Neviller putting Cashley Cole on his arse.

Hound

Quote from: gawa316 on February 13, 2012, 10:13:55 AM
Was Redkanpp not saying Ferdinand got the balll 1st, then Suarez got a touch and subsequently Ferd's follow through took Suarez out?

Far too hard to call and no way the ref could have seen this as you could barely see it with multiple replays and the the actual area being maghified.

Suarez and Ferdinand both touched the ball at the same time. Suarez was in possession and was in the process of moving the ball, when Ferdinand's tackle came in - his boot went just under Suarez's boot as they both contacted the ball, and the follow through meant Ferdinand contacted Suarez. I'm not sure if you could make the argument there was a foul, it was certainly borderline. Good tackle IMO, but you could understand how Suarez felt he was fouled.

Redknapp is generally useless anyway. Gary Neville is usually very good, in fact I'd say he's the best soccer pundit on British TV. He supports United of course, he gives his honest opinion. He could easily have thrown the digs at Suarez over the handshake but chose not. I think it was because he could see himself in situations where he wouldnt shake someone's hand.

Also really liked his comment early on this season (because it shared my own view!) when the "you'll win nothing with kids" comment that Alan Hansen (who used to be the best British pundit - though has gone well downhill over the past couple of years) was brought up in a conversation. Neville said Hansen's sentiments were dead right, you wouldnt win a title with a team full of kids and that while himself, Philip, Scholes, Butt, Beckham played their part, it was the experienced players like Cantona, Schmeichel, Pallister, Bruce, Cole, Keane who were the key to winning the double that year (96 I think he was talking about).

Doogie Browser

100% right re Neville, best pundit around currently.  Took 3/4 months for my hatred of him to wane though  :D

paco

Who would you guys say is the worst pundit out there? I find Robbie Savage and, especially, Chris Waddle on ESPN particularly useless.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: paco on February 13, 2012, 01:30:14 PM
Who would you guys say is the worst pundit out there? I find Robbie Savage and, especially, Chris Waddle on ESPN particularly useless.
Garth Crooks!!!

Abble

might be soon time to take a half day here...the amount of crying moaning utd fc**s whinging about a handshake is starting to do my head in. they got their 3 pts and apology MOVE TO FCKU ON !@ :'( :'( :'(

heganboy

Seems like Standard Chartered and the Fenway guys all weighed in and said sort it...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bingo

Lads, got ticket for carling cup final. Have nothing booked and likely I'm travelling Han solo. Anyone travelling themselves? Looking a buddy?

gawa316

Quote from: Bingo on February 16, 2012, 02:27:18 PM
Lads, got ticket for carling cup final. Have nothing booked and likely I'm travelling Han solo. Anyone travelling themselves? Looking a buddy?

Bingo go onto irishkop if you're not already on it. There's a sesction on travel so no doubts you'll pick up something there and you'll get a companion or 6!

EC Unique

Quote from: gawa316 on February 16, 2012, 05:04:24 PM

Bingo go onto irishkop if you're not already on it. There's a sesction on travel so no doubts you'll pick up something there and you'll get a companion or 6!

Agree.

Bingo

Quote from: gawa316 on February 16, 2012, 05:04:24 PM

Yeah, have been on it. A lot of them booked already, so will tail along and waiting on a Tyrone lad to get his ticket sorted. They already have a meeting point arranged from their.

EC - as comically brilliant as ever  ::)

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteReina, Johnson, Enrique, Carra, Skrtel, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Suarez.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 19, 2012, 03:41:25 PM
QuoteReina, Johnson, Enrique, Carra, Skrtel, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Suarez.
Do Liverpool need a team as strong as that to beat Brighton at home?

Gabriel_Hurl