The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Maybe you should get back to your homework before your Ma catches you on the computer!

sammymaguire

Quote from: under the bar on January 22, 2012, 01:49:58 PM
Maybe Daglish should abandon his racist signing policy  and sign one or two good black players?

You plonker  ::)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

J70

Quote from: under the bar on January 22, 2012, 01:49:58 PM
Maybe Daglish should abandon his racist signing policy  and sign one or two good black players?

You really are an idiot.

And I mean that in the village idiot sense of the word.

boosabum

Kenny is a legend for all he done as a player, manager and leader during a tragic time in the clubs history. While his contribution can't be forgotten, it really can't be used as an excuse to dismiss recent performances and results. In Jan 2012, roy hodgson was sacked because of poor league performances, been out of both cup competitons in january and poor signing, poulsen and Konchesiky. By 3pm saturday, LFC may be gone from both again. Will the owners judge kenny on the same criteria not to mention millions wasted on piss poor players ? Rafa was sacked for finishing 5th with his hands tied behind his back by the yanks and GH was sacked for losing the plot after finishing 4th. Lots of talk about "knee jerk" reactions on the back of losses, there seems to be no mention of the knee jerk reaction of buying Carroll last year. The RED SOX's went 78 years or so without winning a world title, the manager that won them two was sacked by John and the boys last year for blowing a 20 game lead so these boys don't necessarily do sentiment.

From the Bunker

Ironically, Liverpool lost little or no ground in the chase for 4th spot, With Arsenal and Newcastle (yes Newcastle) both losing and Chelsea getting a disapointing draw. Kenny would have neen shouting for Utd today. The Spurs/City game was of little consequence.

So it's a two horse race for the Premier League between Utd/City. A one Horse race for third for Spurs. And a 4 horse race for 4th Between Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and (Yes) Newcastle. Not that Newcastle are setting the world on fire but they are getting enough good results and the rest are getting enough sh*te results to leave them in the reckoing.

Captain Obvious

Arsenal never recovered from that league cup final defeat last season. Wednesday could make or break Liverpool's season.

EC Unique

Serious question lads.. Are you all 100% behind Kenny or do you think a better option should be looked about for next season?

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on January 23, 2012, 10:46:22 AM
Serious question lads.. Are you all 100% behind Kenny or do you think a better option should be looked about for next season?

Yes, lets sack our manager very 12 months  ::)

brokencrossbar1

Personally I am behind him. The reality is that the club is still in both cups and are still in with a shout for CL, albeit a longshot.  The lose of Lucas and Suarez has hit them hard. In regards to transfers, first things first he and Conmolli got rid of a lot of real deadwood which freed up wages. They got £50m for Torres which was fantastic business.  In terms of players that have come in, Saurez, Enrique, Bellamy, have been a sucess,  Henderson will be a success and I feel he has the makings of a very good player, Adam is going through a bad run at the minute but has played reasonably well, I think his fitness is an issue, Coates is a smashing player and will develop into a top class CB, Carroll and Downing have been poor. I think Downing started well but missed a few chances early in his time at the club and he has struggled as a result. The one thing I am pleased with has been the general form of the back 5. Agger has been fit for most of the season and he and Skertl have been excellent. Also the lack of Gerrard has been hard to compensate for. 

I reckon if one of Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool can go on a run of wins over the next 4-5 weeks then this will secure the last CL spot. If Liverpool can get a consistent poacher before the end of January then they could just do it.

AZOffaly

100% behind KK. He's made improvements in the way the club have been playing. Far from the finished article, and too many errors being made on and off the field, but that will come with continued work.

The club is 200% better off than it was in August 2010. I'm still resting easy, and have faith that it will come around.

supersub

I think anyone who trys to say the club isn't in a better place all round since new owners and Dalglish took over need to look at the bigger picture. Yeah the league performances this season have been lacking goals for a large part but despite this we are still in with a chance of fourth and a possible cup final, as well as FA cup duties. In terms of squad and off the pitch as BCB1 said there was a mass clear out of deadwood in the last two windows as well as some good quality signings. Carroll was a gamble and ridiculously priced which hasn't come off, and Downing has been below average - the rest esp Bellamy and Enrique have been good. I can still see the former two finding a bit of form but it would need to happen soon. 35 mill for Carroll was a panic after the loss of Torres, there is noway they would have paid that for him in normal circumstances - but such is life everyone does bad business at some stage in their lives (only saving grace is the 50 mill for Torres given his performances and previous reputation). The club's finance and general ownership are in much better places now that they were before and this is one of the main positives to come out of the last year or so due to the worrying times we were going through with the Yanks!

We do need a striker a la Fowler/Owen who live on poaching goals as their main asset. I think they recognise this too but don't want to make another mistake in the January window so are looking for someone suitable which can be hard at this stage. Don't think getting rid of KK would be realistic as then we are back to square one with someone trying to build their own team and editing what is already in the squad. Onwards and upwards!

Geoff Tipps

Overall I'm happy with Kenny. When we think of where we were just 12 months ago and where we are now, on and off the pitch we are miles better off. Yes some of the signings have been poor with a big nod here to Carroll and Downing but show me a manager who has a 100% record in transfers. We are playing without our 2 most inflential players at the moment and with due respect to Gerarrd, Lucas and Suarez are the key to us getting back in the top 4.
This week is the most important since Dalglish came back. Win both games and the feel good factor could set us on a run to take us to fourth. Lose both...............well I don't really want to think about that!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 23, 2012, 11:02:29 AM

Personally I am behind him. The reality is that the club is still in both cups and are still in with a shout for CL, albeit a longshot.  The lose of Lucas and Suarez has hit them hard. In regards to transfers, first things first he and Conmolli got rid of a lot of real deadwood which freed up wages. They got £50m for Torres which was fantastic business.  In terms of players that have come in, Saurez, Enrique, Bellamy, have been a sucess,  Henderson will be a success and I feel he has the makings of a very good player, Adam is going through a bad run at the minute but has played reasonably well, I think his fitness is an issue, Coates is a smashing player and will develop into a top class CB, Carroll and Downing have been poor. I think Downing started well but missed a few chances early in his time at the club and he has struggled as a result. The one thing I am pleased with has been the general form of the back 5. Agger has been fit for most of the season and he and Skertl have been excellent. Also the lack of Gerrard has been hard to compensate for. 

I reckon if one of Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool can go on a run of wins over the next 4-5 weeks then this will secure the last CL spot. If Liverpool can get a consistent poacher before the end of January then they could just do it.

good post BC1, would sum up my views on the state of things aswell.
liverpool need a poacher type player, someone similar to hernadez.
to a lesser extent they also need cover for lucas now as a defensive midfeilder, adam/gerard/henderson are being asked to do this role and none of them are really suited, while spearing just isnt good enogh i'm afraid.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

onefaircounty

It's been a bitterly disappointing time as of late, unfortunately.

Signings have easily tipped over to poor since Kenny came in. Suarez, Bellamy and Enrique have been excellent, Henderson average, but Downing and Carroll have been horrible, i've been more disappointed with Downing than Carroll to be honest.

Again, it's problems that have been there for a good few years now, and seemed to be disappearing when Kenny first came in - mentality.

Lucas' loss was massive in a playing sense, but also in a leadership role, something he was growing into. Small incidents stand out for me, I remember young Flanagan or Robinson was harassing a plyer down the line and Lucas came down to assist and they hustled him out and won a throw and high-fived. Small thing, but crowd reacted and it was an example of battling. Gerrard brings it, in an attacking sense, Carragher has it, but not a whole lot more do.

We are not a team of winners. Compare our squad with United's and there's not a huge difference. But those boys have the mentality to win tight games. Ourselves and Arsenal are soft touches.

That needs to change if we are to progress, Kenny is the right man and needs time, but hopefully the next five days can bring a smile, or two.

Bingo

Quote from: onefaircounty on January 23, 2012, 03:31:56 PM
It's been a bitterly disappointing time as of late, unfortunately.

Signings have easily tipped over to poor since Kenny came in. Suarez, Bellamy and Enrique have been excellent, Henderson average, but Downing and Carroll have been horrible, i've been more disappointed with Downing than Carroll to be honest.

Again, it's problems that have been there for a good few years now, and seemed to be disappearing when Kenny first came in - mentality.

Lucas' loss was massive in a playing sense, but also in a leadership role, something he was growing into. Small incidents stand out for me, I remember young Flanagan or Robinson was harassing a plyer down the line and Lucas came down to assist and they hustled him out and won a throw and high-fived. Small thing, but crowd reacted and it was an example of battling. Gerrard brings it, in an attacking sense, Carragher has it, but not a whole lot more do.

We are not a team of winners. Compare our squad with United's and there's not a huge difference. But those boys have the mentality to win tight games. Ourselves and Arsenal are soft touches.

That needs to change if we are to progress, Kenny is the right man and needs time, but hopefully the next five days can bring a smile, or two.

Very fair post.

We sadly lack the mentality of winning tight games where we dominate but struggle to break down the opposition. As importantly, the other team don't fear that we will break them down and know if they still disciplined they can get a result.

We lack pace in several areas of the field, it can be very laboured at times. Even Suarez doesn't have too much pace, Bellamy has it but is restricted.