Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 23, 2011, 02:22:46 PM
Quote from: supersub on December 23, 2011, 01:50:54 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 23, 2011, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2011, 11:33:24 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 23, 2011, 11:08:09 AM
Quote from: supersub on December 23, 2011, 11:00:04 AM
There's noway he meant to be racist on MOTD and just shows how ridiculous it is. Also shows how people even from this part of the world are unsure of what words are 'acceptable' to use and which are not. So how is a foreigner who can barely speak the language never mind realise the culture supposed to know!

He has been in Europe for a few years now. Don't try to tell me he did not realise calling a black man a negro is a big no no!   He did it to aggravate Evra, plain and simple, he got caught and now must face the consequences. LFC and especially Kenny need to realise this and toe the line.

You do know "negro" is spanish for "black". Its not like he used the "n" word, at least not axxording to what we've heard so far.

I'm still not decided on this. The Uruguayans seem to be completely behind him, so maybe the cultural thing is important.

And why isn't there outrage over the "sudaca" comment?

The cultural thing shouldn't come into play here, racism is racism irrelevant of where someone is from.

Would it be ok for example if an Afghan national living in the UK stoned to death a British male for having an affair with his wife?

Evra's not British and other people in his team call him the same thing - so it is not the same at all, a terrible example.

Everyone here seems to like quoting this craic about everyone in Evra's team call him what Suarez did - are we really to believe that Suarez is telling the truth, and what exactly is he saying that Evra's team mates call him?  I seriously doubt Michael Carrick uses the word 'negrito' directly at Evra.

Firstly I didn't say everyone in Evra's team calls him it, I said others! And yes you can believe him or not with what he says, in exactly the same way you can believe Evra with what he says. Works both ways. No I don't think carrick would use that word, but perhaps nani or anderson for example or some of the french team may?

Agent Orange

Liverpool disappointed as FA hand Andy Carroll eight-match run in Liverpool side

Liverpool fans have revealed their disappointment after the Football Association handed Andy Carroll an eight-match run in the starting eleven because Luis Suarez was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

Carroll, who cost the club around ten times his actual value, has made the majority of his appearances from the subs bench, but with Suarez suspended he could be handed the opportunity to be completely ineffectual right from the start of the next eight fixtures.

The club, who currently sit sixth in the Premier League, released a statement expressing their disappointment with the FA's decision.

"Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association commission to allow Andy Carroll such a large amount of time on the pitch."

"Kenny likes to use Andy as a non-impact sub, but this unprecedented decision could see games passing Andy by for the full ninety minutes, rather than just the last fifteen."

Luis Suarez banned

Critics of the decision have insisted that being forced to play Andy Carroll for what could amount to two months is a punishment that simply does not fit the crime.

"It's not like Suarez killed anyone, is it? If he had, I could sort of understand such draconian measures," said fan Simon Matthews.

The club are currently considering an appeal, but are wary of further sanctions after rumours appeared suggesting a lost appeal could result in the FA forcing the club to re-sign David N'Gog or Emily Heskey and play them instead.

A PFA spokesperson said they were pleased with the result of the commission, and claimed it moved them one step closer to their goal of all footballer abuse being directly related to nothing other than their utterly detestable personalities.

Gabriel_Hurl

We've reached the pinnacle of intelligence in the thread tonight I see

Agent Orange

You should get the OP to lock it and start a new one.

EC Unique

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: hardstation on December 23, 2011, 10:52:45 PM
That said, are Liverpool not the Hun team in Liverpool while Manchester United are the Fenian team in Manchester?

"Just saying" seems to be the thing these days.

In Busby's day Utd were seen as a Catholic club. There were always plenty clergy in the directors box for home games, and Busby used the church and its network in Chorlton and Salford to organise digs etc for young players, and as a means of keeping tabs on people.
St Johns in Chorlton to this day still has a card carrying Red at the helm, which makes Mancinis odd appearance at mass fun at times.

under the bar

I wonder how Glen Johnston felt when the manager and team mates to came out "in full support" of Suarez therefore endorsing racial abuse?

supersarsfields

Poor evra. He's like the boy who called wolf. Some off these days he might actually be abused.

J70

Quote from: under the bar on December 24, 2011, 03:28:42 PM
I wonder how Glen Johnston felt when the manager and team mates to came out "in full support" of Suarez therefore endorsing racial abuse?

You are a twit.

Minder

Quote from: under the bar on December 24, 2011, 03:28:42 PM

Well he put Paul McGrath in his place on that very issue
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on December 24, 2011, 02:40:27 PM
That said, are Liverpool not the Hun team in Liverpool while Manchester United are the Fenian team in Manchester?

In Busby's day Utd were seen as a Catholic club. There were always plenty clergy in the directors box for home games, and Busby used the church and its network in Chorlton and Salford to organise digs etc for young players, and as a means of keeping tabs on people.
St Johns in Chorlton to this day still has a card carrying Red at the helm, which makes Mancinis odd appearance at mass fun at times.
Communism is discussed in another thread.

EC Unique

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 24, 2011, 04:20:58 PM
Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on December 24, 2011, 02:40:27 PM

Communism is discussed in another thread.
cant wait to see the T-shirts.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"