The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on December 20, 2011, 09:09:58 PM
I think LFC should have let the blood cool down a bit before penning a statement. It is a bit pathetic.

Speaking of pathetic!  ::)

Norf Tyrone

The Suarez case is very clear cut in my opinion, and I've a degree of sympathy for him. However he used a term that was acceptable in his own country but not in England. To use that as a defence was niave. That's like saying it's alright to drink 15 pints in Russia and drive so it should be here too.

Secondly that statement by Liverpool does Suarez no favours. It's very Ali G.

Thirdly. Do you think Liverpool fans could actually comment on the facts of the issue and accept things as they are? Years back just hours after the Heysel tragedy Liverpool's chairman John Smith blamed Chelsea fans for the trouble. Now the theories abound about Terry's case. Let's find someone else to blame. You can guarantee that should JT be found not guilty, as the absence of evidence in the public domain suggests could be the case, the theorists will abound!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 20, 2011, 09:32:33 PM
The Suarez case is very clear cut in my opinion, and I've a degree of sympathy for him. However he used a term that was acceptable in his own country but not in England. To use that as a defence was niave. That's like saying it's alright to drink 15 pints in Russia and drive so it should be here too.

Thirdly. Do you think Liverpool fans could actually comment on the facts of the issue and accept things as they are? Years back just hours after the Heysel tragedy Liverpool's chairman John Smith blamed Chelsea fans for the trouble. Now the theories abound about Terry's case. Let's find someone else to blame. You can guarantee that should JT be found not guilty, as the absence of evidence in the public domain suggests could be the case, the theorists will abound!

The English fa have swerved the Terry case by passing it to the police. If the police don't charge him, how can the fa?. On a similar note now the fa have charged Suarez will the police follow up?-rascism at football is a named crime, if it was a fan they could be brought before the courts.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on December 20, 2011, 09:36:49 PM

The English fa have swerved the Terry case by passing it to the police. If the police don't charge him, how can the fa?. On a similar note now the fa have charged Suarez will the police follow up?-rascism at football is a named crime, if it was a fan they could be brought before the courts.

Would the police not have asked for any files the FA had, as opposed to the FA offering it?

Rouge_Diablo

Your guess is as good.as mine.  No consistency.

boosabum

Strong statement from the club, when you consider the slideshow of poor decisons put together after the Fulham game then this could go the distance. Wouldn't class suarez as a racist, more of an idiot and slightly naive. Biggest issue is if they can buy enough time until Gerrad is fit and they get a goal scorer in jan. Maybe carrol could do his bit and serve the ban for suarez. The FA has set a precident for themselves. Have clubs gone to high courts like the GAA here to get bans lifted previously ?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: new devil on December 20, 2011, 09:10:29 PM
That statement has to be a windup?

Joke of a decision my the FA....If a player gets 8 months for missing a drugs test then surely being found guilty of racist abuse should get you a longer ban.?
Taking performance enhancing drugs is tantamount to cheating. Calling someone a name is a case of sticks and stones. Rio should try some performance enhancing drugs these days...

Well what are the facts? I'll be expecting the FA judgement to be based on and provide details of conclusive evidence and not the word of a proven fantasist like Evra.

Rouge_Diablo

EC Unique

Details of inconclusive evidence?

Rouge_Diablo

Isn't it established that Suarez himself admitted using the word 'Negrito'?

compare and contrast

1960: David Layne, Peter Swan and Tony Kay (life bans for betting on their team to lose, later reduced to 7 years)
    1988: Paul Davis (9 matches for punching opponent)
    1995: Eric Cantona (9 months for attacking supporter)
    1998: Paolo di Canio (11 matches for pushing referee)
    2003: Mark Bosnich (9 months for failed drugs test)
    2003: Rio Ferdinand (8 months for failing to take drugs test)
    2005: David Prutton (10 matches for pushing referee)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on December 20, 2011, 10:01:05 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought and what I was referring to too.

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 20, 2011, 10:02:39 PM

So Tony is in fact talking Baloney.

There is a distinct lack of "repulsion" among liverpool fans (here and beyond) at the use of that phrase, which is as alarming as any of the rest of the reactions.

Its probably a conspiracy by Bernstein to get city back to wembley, Rooney last year, Suarez this year.

under the bar

Suarez admitted using the term "Negretto" and Terry has admitted using the term Black  "****"

Before ever man and his do in Livepool and London jump to theri defence and wheel out celebs left right and centre to make stements about neitherr being a racist, the FA do not charge anyone with being a racist.   

The charge is using racist or offensive language and it's pretty clear he did not call him Negretto as a term of endearment.   He used it to insult Evrea and is therfore guilty and so is Terry. 

Both should accept it, apologise and move on

Carmen Stateside

Dont see much wrong with LFC statement myself.  Happy they come out with such strong support. 
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 20, 2011, 10:02:39 PM

Who by? Daily Mail or the Sun?

Minder

Thiago Alcantra, Barcelona player, referred to his team mates as "Negritos" the other day in a tweet.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"