The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Good article here on F365 by John Nicholson. Nice to see some decent reporting unlike the tripe served up by most of the British red tops. I haven't read any press reports on the match but have any of 'Arry's friends in the press questioned his tactics or substitutions last night?? Wouldn't think so. That guy can do no wrong in their eyes. He's been managing for 20 years and won 1 FA. Rafs's record is far superior yet the he's fair game for the lies they peddle.
Anyways great win last night. Let's just keep it going now!

http://www.football365.com/john_nicholson/0,17033,8746_5875968,00.html

Minder

Harry "triffic" Redknapp plays the media game though and is always there with a soundbite and has cultivated this cheeky chappy persona that the media lap up. He isn't as forthcoming about his tax returns.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

Just read a report and apparently pointy robbie came on last night. Can anyone confirm this?

J OGorman

indeed, this country greatest ever striker graced the Anfield turf midway through the second half...not sure if he touched leather though

gawa316

I read on the bbc text that Defoe and Crouch were up front for spurs, whilst Keane as usual was on the bench at Anfield :D

Carmen Stateside

Terrible way to treat a £20 million player!

brokencrossbar1

Didn't see the game but but reports all seem positive in terms of endeavour with a small bit of spark there as well.  The thing now is to get a run going and get a few wins on the trot.  There is no point winning last night and then not doing anything next tuesday.  I hate the mid week games, particularly away from home.  The ironic thing is that being out of the FA Cup this weekend may be a blessing as Wolves have a tricky enough tie on Saturday as they will be expected to beat Palace but will not be able to rest too many.  A win against them and then Bolton are vital going into the next 2 games in the Derby and against the Gunners.  I hope I am proved wrong about Rafa and he is able to steer them through this.

stew

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 21, 2010, 03:06:22 PM
Didn't see the game but but reports all seem positive in terms of endeavour with a small bit of spark there as well.  The thing now is to get a run going and get a few wins on the trot.  There is no point winning last night and then not doing anything next tuesday.  I hate the mid week games, particularly away from home.  The ironic thing is that being out of the FA Cup this weekend may be a blessing as Wolves have a tricky enough tie on Saturday as they will be expected to beat Palace but will not be able to rest too many.  A win against them and then Bolton are vital going into the next 2 games in the Derby and against the Gunners.  I hope I am proved wrong about Rafa and he is able to steer them through this.

I dont see Liverpool finishing above city, i just dont. Everton are a very good side, they are playing well and they will be well fit to win the derby game but it will probably be a draw, the Arsenal game will be a definitive one for the gooners as their record against the top teams is not great and I think they beat Liverpool, if these two things happen that will cut all this silly talk about Liverpool being a top four side, they are not a top four side this year.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bingobus

Quote from: stew on January 21, 2010, 03:19:34 PM

I dont see Liverpool finishing above city, i just dont. Everton are a very good side, they are playing well and they will be well fit to win the derby game but it will probably be a draw, the Arsenal game will be a definitive one for the gooners as their record against the top teams is not great and I think they beat Liverpool, if these two things happen that will cut all this silly talk about Liverpool being a top four side, they are not a top four side this year.

Stew, you've been harping on like this for weeks. Thats a big call at the minute but it can only be made at the end of the season when the league table is finished and closed. The above is just your opinion. Based on your opinion are Spurs, currently in 4th, a top four side? Are city? One point above Liverpool.

Everton are a very good side? Yet they lie in botton half of table and have only recentlly put two displays back to back that are anyway good.

Also, BC1, liverpool are on a good run at the minute - WWDW - 10 points from 12 including taking 6 points from their rivals for 4th spot. I take it you want to see them continue this good run  ;)

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hotrocks

If stew says they are not a top 4 team then they are not a top 4 team.  He is always right!

EC Unique

Quote from: bingobus on January 21, 2010, 03:26:37 PM

Stew, you've been harping on like this for weeks. Thats a big call at the minute but it can only be made at the end of the season when the league table is finished and closed. The above is just your opinion. Based on your opinion are Spurs, currently in 4th, a top four side? Are city? One point above Liverpool.

Everton are a very good side? Yet they lie in botton half of table and have only recentlly put two displays back to back that are anyway good.

Also, BC1, liverpool are on a good run at the minute - WWDW - 10 points from 12 including taking 6 points from their rivals for 4th spot. I take it you want to see them continue this good run  ;)

Just need to point out that Liverpool have played an extra game to their rivals for 4th, this could prove the difference!
At present they are not a top 4 side. They are 6th. As you say it is at the end of the season that counts. My bet would be that City and maybe even Villa will finish above Liverpool but it will be close.

stew

Stew, you've been harping on like this for weeks. Thats a big call at the minute but it can only be made at the end of the seaso n when the league table is finished and closed. The above is just your opinion. Based on your opinion are Spurs, currently in 4th, a top four side? Are city? One point above Liverpool.

Everton are starting to get players back that have been out for quite some time, they just signed Donovan and he has plenty of pace and class and will give them an extra gear going forward, they are gaining confidence and will be very, very hard to beat in the derby.

If Liverpool beat them they will have gone up in my estimation, I just dont see that happening, injuries are going to hurt Liverpoolin the weeks and months ahead, they are too much to overcome.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: stew on January 21, 2010, 05:41:46 PM

Stew, you've been harping on like this for weeks. Thats a big call at the minute but it can only be made at the end of the seaso n when the league table is finished and closed. The above is just your opinion. Based on your opinion are Spurs, currently in 4th, a top four side? Are city? One point above Liverpool.

If Liverpool beat them they will have gone up in my estimation, I just dont see that happening.

In fairness beating Everton doesn't really mean all that much apart from local bragging rights. Liverpool beat Everton more often than not and have already won at Goodison this season. It's just another 3 points. I'm more worried at the moment about the Wolves and Bolton games to come first. No point losing those and then beating Everton.

magpie seanie

The era of Sky Sports and the hype it brings really effects people doesn't it. Its nuts to talk about one or two games deciding matter when there are 16/17 games left. Especially as its possible teams will play 3 games in the final week meaning 9 points of a swing could happen. I said it last night - Liverpool are in a great position considering what has happened. Their main players are out but the form in the last couple of games of the Greek lad (he looks a decent player despite some poor outings early season), Riera returning and the addition of Maxi are plusses. Their rivals for 4th are Villa and City. I'd go along with the bookies slightly favouring City at the moment but I wouldn't put more than a fiver on it. Liverpool challenged all the way for the title last year so are used to keeping it going to the end. There are question marks over Villa (ran out of steam last year) and City (for obvious reasons but have a bigger squad) in this area. Time will tell.