The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: bingobus on January 14, 2010, 12:45:25 PM
A united supporter sent me a comment he seen on a well known Liverpool forum, where it was suggested that United and Liverpools blight is so alike that maybe they should put on some sort of united front in terms of protests etc. As you guess it was greeted with revolt, comments ranging from "hope united go bust", "f**k them" "they deserve it" etc etc.

One poster had the sense to see where the thread was heading posted the following "there's no point us feeling smug, its like Douglas Bader taunting Steven Hawkins for not making the line dancing team"

Seems to be echoed on this thread!

EC if we lower our expectations for whatever reason, we are accepting our blight, surrendering. If thats the case we may as well sell up. We want the best, Liverpool don't want to be a midtable club, I'll not give up on 4th nor will I lower expectataions and expect a manager of similar thinking.

United and Liverpool have more in common than different in my opinion. Both Northern, both great clubs, both great history, United currently lording it, but that's just the nature of these things. I honestly can't understand the animosity between them from some people. Of course I understand the rivalry, but the badness on both sides vis a vis the other is stupid in my opinion.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dakota on January 14, 2010, 12:56:59 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 14, 2010, 12:01:25 PM
Had to laugh at Jim Beglin's cheerleading (to call it commentary/analysis would be woefully inaccurate) last night. What a complete clown the man is. Shane Long apparently should have stayed on his feet after getting kicked on the back of the leg in the box in injury time trailing by a goal! Of course he should - if he, like Beglin, wanted Liverpool to win!

Lou Macari is as bad when commentating on United matches

Do you honestly think so? I am biased but I thought he was always fairly objective and have often found myself disagreeing with him/thinking he was being a bit tough on United. Genuinely interested in what others would think - I admit its less likely I'd see it.

Dakota

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 14, 2010, 01:38:33 PM
Quote from: Dakota on January 14, 2010, 12:56:59 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 14, 2010, 12:01:25 PM
Had to laugh at Jim Beglin's cheerleading (to call it commentary/analysis would be woefully inaccurate) last night. What a complete clown the man is. Shane Long apparently should have stayed on his feet after getting kicked on the back of the leg in the box in injury time trailing by a goal! Of course he should - if he, like Beglin, wanted Liverpool to win!

Lou Macari is as bad when commentating on United matches

I'd consider myself a neutral as in I don't really support any team bar maybe having a soft spot for Notts Forest who were winning European Cups when I was a teenage, so I wouldn't be biased towards United or Liverpool and in my opinion I think Macari is sickining sometimes when he commentates on United and is actually worse when UNited aren't playing as he will always bring United up even when not playing, just my opinion mind

Do you honestly think so? I am biased but I thought he was always fairly objective and have often found myself disagreeing with him/thinking he was being a bit tough on United. Genuinely interested in what others would think - I admit its less likely I'd see it.

Dakota

Feck I dunno what happened with my last post there, why is it part of the quote ??

Silky

Forget about Mourinho. Reports in Europe say he won't come back to England for anything other than the Utd job and only then if he has money to spend.

I'd be happy enough with Hiddick but I still prefer the approach I posted earlier with Dalglish running things on a short term basis.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Dakota on January 14, 2010, 02:02:25 PM
Feck I dunno what happened with my last post there, why is it part of the quote ??

Remember to type after [/quote]
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 14, 2010, 01:19:03 PM
Quote from: BerfArmagh on January 14, 2010, 12:26:49 PM
Manu supporter here. I'd be laughing at Liverpools demise, but in truth United currently are far behind them. They are pale shadow of former teams. I honestly believe there could be a sizemic change in the power brokers of English football. Liverpool & united are in serious financial difficulties... CHelsea & City with their billionaire owners have really upped the anti. If something does'nt change soon, united & liverpool could end up fallen giants..

The only thing is UTD & Liverpool are operating within the financial constraints of the club... So if the owners were to sell, they'd be ok...
However, Chelsea & City are not operating within the profits of their own club is generating... So if the owners pulled out, they would be clean bukked, as the player contracts would pull them under!!

Really? So if Roman left tomorrow the only outgoings as such would be players wages, which equate to about £1.5 million a week. That's roughly £70 million a year. TV money, champions league money, sponsors etc would cover that.

Admittedly there would be no/little money for investment, but I doubt (hope) they'd be bukked.

Remember without CR's transfer last year, United would've made a big loss.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

From the Bunker

Pride Comes Before An Embarrassing Rogering

from football365.com

We know the logistics of selling tickets and arranging football matches means a little forward planning is required, but the bods at the Liverpool ticket office might have wanted to wait just a little longer before sending out the following e-mail on Wednesday afternoon.

'FA Cup - Liverpool v Burnley (4th Round)

'Saturday 23rd January 2010. Kick Off: 12.45pm

'The Ticket Office will begin taking payments for the above game from Thursday 14th January.'

We wonder how sales are going...

gerrykeegan

[Really? So if Roman left tomorrow the only outgoings as such would be players wages, which equate to about £1.5 million a week. That's roughly £70 million a year. TV money, champions league money, sponsors etc would cover that.

[/quote]

Where are you getting that 1.5m per week figure. Chelsea have at least 40 fulltime players with a lot over 100k a week. How many other poeple wotk there
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 14, 2010, 02:27:03 PM
[Really? So if Roman left tomorrow the only outgoings as such would be players wages, which equate to about £1.5 million a week. That's roughly £70 million a year. TV money, champions league money, sponsors etc would cover that.

Where are you getting that 1.5m per week figure. Chelsea have at least 40 fulltime players with a lot over 100k a week. How many other poeple wotk there
[/quote]

I was taking a figure of 30 professionals at an average of 50K per week. For the money Lampard, Terry etc is on i.e. the £100K plus, there is also the professionals like Turnball, Kakuta, etc who'd be on between £5000 and £20000 a week. All pure guess work.
I didn't consider the other admin staff, shop workers etc to be fair. However I read last week that United had 400 staff. So if you pay each of these £500 a week (Which is generous), it's another £200,000 a week, or £10 million a year. Not a massive hike on the previous figures.

As I said all guess work, but currently I know who's financial plight I'd prefer!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

From the Bunker

Paddy Power's odds on top 4 finish

Man United  1/40
Arsenal  1/10

Man City  5/6
Liverpool  13/8
Tottenham  9/4

Aston Villa  4/1
Birmingham  50/1
Fulham  100/1
Everton  150/1

GalwayBayBoy

More great news. Torres out for 6 weeks. Gerrard out for 2 weeks and Benny out for 4 weeks. Unbelievable.

QuoteLiverpool today revealed the extent of the injuries sustained by Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Yossi Benayoun against Reading last night.

A Club spokesman said: "Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres both underwent scans earlier today after coming off in the FA Cup tie against Reading.

"Steven has a hamstring strain and will be out for a fortnight, while Fernando has torn a cartilage in his right knee. The injury will require surgery and he is expected to be sidelined for six weeks.

"Yossi Benayoun also suffered a fractured rib in the game and will be unavailable for between three and four weeks."

Doogie Browser

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 14, 2010, 02:54:49 PM
More great news. Torres out for 6 weeks. Gerrard out for 2 weeks and Benny out for 4 weeks. Unbelievable.
Holy fcuk that is shocking

Bensars

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 14, 2010, 02:54:49 PM

With the world cup only a few months away you may see a few internationals have a nice long rest prior to the summer .

bingobus