The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

I've watched a 2min comp on him and am convinced we've signed one the best midfielders of all time

J70

Don't watch Bundesliga, so I know nothing about this lad. Hope he's able to adapt to what Klopp needs and to the speed of the Premier League, but  it's hard to be enthusiastic about this, at this point, after recent events.

trailer

Quote from: gawa316 on August 16, 2023, 09:07:28 PM
David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
·
17m
🚨 Liverpool closing in on signing Stuttgart defensive midfielder Wataru Endo. #VfB wanted to renew contract (2024) but Liverpool in advanced talks + 30yo granted permission to travel to Merseyside to complete move
@TheAthleticFC
after
@FabrizioRomano
#LFC

Equivalent of shopping for bog roll in the pandemic. You take what is left.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on August 17, 2023, 08:19:44 AM
David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
·
17m
🚨 Liverpool closing in on signing Stuttgart defensive midfielder Wataru Endo. #VfB wanted to renew contract (2024) but Liverpool in advanced talks + 30yo granted permission to travel to Merseyside to complete move
@TheAthleticFC
after
@FabrizioRomano
#LFC

Equivalent of shopping for bog roll in the pandemic. You take what is left.

He's the Japanese Xavi. Absolute bargain.

Armamike

On first glance, it doesn't inspire, especially as he's 30 and never made it to one of the bigger clubs.  But anyone who watches German football rate him highly.  Can only really judge the signing when the window closes, i.e whether anyone else is brought in. He could be a useful addition but a major signing of the right age profile, physical and mobile, is still essential.
That's just, like your opinion man.

statto

David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
·
17m
@TheAthleticFC
after
@FabrizioRomano
#LFC

Know nothing about the lad and on face value is an underwhelming signing given that last week looked as though going to break the British transfer record for a player in the same position. 

There has been some positive feedback from those who watch German football on him and he is captain of club and country which would indicate that he is a good character.  The dressing room has lost huge leadership in Milner/Henderson, so getting a leader into the squad can be no bad thing.  Can also fill in at centre half if required. 

Would hope that there is minimum one further signing to come in midfield. 

J70

Apparently the GC overseeing the Anfield Road stand construction is going into administration.
Project has already been delayed. Fulham also using same company for their rebuild.

Good week overall... :)

Mourne Red

Endo looks like a good signing - Lots of good reports from German League journos/pundits too. From the clips I seen looks like he has a good bit of athleticism (something Liverpool we're missing in CDM) could be a good signing. Modric still playing at 37, don't think Endo being 30 is that off putting - 3/4 years out of him there will be other CDMs that appear during that time they can target when the time comes to it

RedHand88

Quote from: J70 on August 17, 2023, 11:23:26 AM
Apparently the GC overseeing the Anfield Road stand construction is going into administration.
Project has already been delayed. Fulham also using same company for their rebuild.

Good week overall... :)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-statement-anfield-road-stand

Grim reading. What a disaster of a week.

TabClear

Quote from: statto on August 17, 2023, 11:03:38 AM
David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
·
17m
@TheAthleticFC
after
@FabrizioRomano
#LFC

Know nothing about the lad and on face value is an underwhelming signing given that last week looked as though going to break the British transfer record for a player in the same position. 

There has been some positive feedback from those who watch German football on him and he is captain of club and country which would indicate that he is a good character.  The dressing room has lost huge leadership in Milner/Henderson, so getting a leader into the squad can be no bad thing.  Can also fill in at centre half if required. 

Would hope that there is minimum one further signing to come in midfield.

Underwhelming i sthe word but I would rather a stopgap that recycles Henderson type money for a season or two than blow £60-£70m on a panic buy who is a) overpriced because the seller knows theyhave the club over a barrel and b) is not the right fit. The new transfer committe has a lot of work to do to redeem themselves after the last week......

gawa316

Hoping there'll be at least one more signing but this fella actually ticks a lot of boxes. His character and attitude seems to be a key component. Yes he's 30 but he has way less miles on the clock than say Fab who is a year younger. Whether he'll be a starter remains to be seen but you would think he'd be ideal to bring in to help see out a game, especially with Milner and Hendo gone. Every signing can't be all glitz and glam you need the 'water carriers' in the team...like Park at Utd, Gini with us. As others have said he brings leadership qualities being captain of both Stuttgart and Japan, something we are definitely missing with all the outgoing this summer.

All in all, I'm happy with this signing.

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on August 17, 2023, 02:45:37 PM
Hoping there'll be at least one more signing but this fella actually ticks a lot of boxes. His character and attitude seems to be a key component. Yes he's 30 but he has way less miles on the clock than say Fab who is a year younger. Whether he'll be a starter remains to be seen but you would think he'd be ideal to bring in to help see out a game, especially with Milner and Hendo gone. Every signing can't be all glitz and glam you need the 'water carriers' in the team...like Park at Utd, Gini with us. As others have said he brings leadership qualities being captain of both Stuttgart and Japan, something we are definitely missing with all the outgoing this summer.

All in all, I'm happy with this signing.

Nothing wrong with strengthening the squad in this position, as you say, but they still need another option.

Hound

One of Thiago, Bajcetic, Endo, Trent alongside MacAllister and Szobo is a top quality midfield in my view. Jones, Elliott, Gakpo can fill in when injuries intervene. Thiago available this weekend, Baj back training too, though this week may be too soon for him.

We did dominate midfield for the first 30 min against a good Chelsea team last week. While the remainder of the game wasn't good , I thought it was more to do with too many players not being able to retain possession (and gifting it back to Chelsea), more than missing someone sitting in front of the back 4. Alexis and Szobo both had poor enough second halfs, but they both showed early on they are class operators, so they will settle and contribute lots.

If we are to splurge 70-80m on a player, I'd prefer a new top class defender.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Hound on August 18, 2023, 09:51:38 AM
One of Thiago, Bajcetic, Endo, Trent alongside MacAllister and Szobo is a top quality midfield in my view. Jones, Elliott, Gakpo can fill in when injuries intervene. Thiago available this weekend, Baj back training too, though this week may be too soon for him.

We did dominate midfield for the first 30 min against a good Chelsea team last week. While the remainder of the game wasn't good , I thought it was more to do with too many players not being able to retain possession (and gifting it back to Chelsea), more than missing someone sitting in front of the back 4. Alexis and Szobo both had poor enough second halfs, but they both showed early on they are class operators, so they will settle and contribute lots.

"Baj" " Hendo" "Robbo" "Szobo" "Trent" "Virg" "Mo" "Bobby"

Cringe.

RedHand88

Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 18, 2023, 12:38:06 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 18, 2023, 09:51:38 AM

"Baj" " Hendo" "Robbo" "Szobo" "Trent" "Virg" "Mo" "Bobby"

Cringe.

Nicknames are cringe now?