The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

WELL F*CK THAT ANYWAY

ya ive had a drink. Wan those nites eh

supersub

City will drop points. Far from over, but need to keep taking the chances and putting the pressure on.

Armamike

One of those nights where your gut tells you we're not gonna score.  Football is a funny game.  A second string Liverpool side beat a full strength Leicester one week then the following one a patched up Leicester who've conceded goals for fun all season nullify and beat a full strength Liverpool.  Man City will probably be 9 points up Thurs night and Liverpool will now need to beat Chelsea to keep any hopes of the title alive.  Six points margin is a lot against this City team, 7 or 9 and it's more or less over.  City are flying this season. They won't drop many points. Liverpool and Chelsea have now no margin for error. Against any 'normal' side you'd think there's a half to season to go and plenty to play for. That's not the case here sadly. Champions League could be a different story though.
That's just, like your opinion man.

thebuzz

I had a bad feeling about this one. Leicester were out to restore pride. They played and defended well for the whole 90 minutes. Even City wouldn't have wiped the floor with them tonight.

quit yo jibbajabba

Manes miss was even worse than the pen in that there was plenty time after the pen to rectify. One those nites. Leicester been poor on corners all season and with two makeshift centre halfs shouldve been an opportunity. Not to be. Huge match on sunday now

Jim Bob

I'd watch the Gunners from now. They're on the way up big time

Dire Ear

Poor perforfance and terrible result , can't see them winning the league now unfortunately

J70

Quote from: Dire Ear on December 29, 2021, 03:12:35 PM
Poor perforfance and terrible result , can't see them winning the league now unfortunately

They weren't going to anyway. City are near flawless and could field two teams, and even if Liverpool were to win at the Etihad (big IF) and City drop a few more elsewhere, Liverpool just don't have the squad to maintain the relentless consistency to close the gap.

Especially with Mane struggling.

Milltown Row2

Moaning Cnuts!

Weren't going to ?

City will drop points, and when they do Liverpool and Chelsea (depending on their result v Pool) will get closer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2021, 04:09:56 PM
Moaning Cnuts!

Weren't going to ?

City will drop points, and when they do Liverpool and Chelsea (depending on their result v Pool) will get closer

The problem is Liverpool and Chelsea will drop points too.  It's not moaning, it's reality!  Barring City picking up a few long term injuries, they just look too consistent.  With the Afcon around the corner, Liverpool needed to be in City's position, to give themselves a cushion of a lead.  Playing catch up, with 2 of your top strikers heading off ain't great.
That's just, like your opinion man.

CK_Redhand

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

This is a site built to display modelled predictions.
As it stands, city are expected to get 44 points from their remaining fixtures. Liverpool 42 and Chelsea 38.

So the probabilities of winning the league are .75, .18 and .07 respectively.

These numbers won't prove to be perfect predictions for the rest of the season but present a nice probabilistic view of how things may pan out.

A few injuries here and there and things will shift of course.

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2021, 02:45:06 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 23, 2021, 02:35:48 PM
Tyler Morton lucky not to get a red there lads....

Just saw a video of it and not good..

Just looked it up now that you highlighted it.

Absolutely he was lucky. Reminds me of Pickford's one on Van Dijk last season. The Leicester player could have ended up with a serious knee injury.

I think there was no VAR for the game. Otherwise he would have got the line.
[/quote/]

Lad has a broken leg.. Surprised that there was no mention of it here...

As for last night, Mane completely off the boil, missed a sitter with lots of poor touches and passes throughout the game.
With TAA drifting infield lots now if Liverpool loose possession then teams are hitting the space he leaves behind. Lookman took the goal well but he should never have been allowed to get that far, too much space and a few lads half arsed at chasing back ..
Much for Klopp to ponder but still in the chase for the title

J70

Quote from: CK_Redhand on December 29, 2021, 06:08:18 PM
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

This is a site built to display modelled predictions.
As it stands, city are expected to get 44 points from their remaining fixtures. Liverpool 42 and Chelsea 38.

So the probabilities of winning the league are .75, .18 and .07 respectively.

These numbers won't prove to be perfect predictions for the rest of the season but present a nice probabilistic view of how things may pan out.

A few injuries here and there and things will shift of course.

Have bookmarked that. Didn't know 538 were modeling those leagues.

Bayern are 99% probability to win the Bundesliga. At Christmas! :o

Dortmund are predicted second, at <1% to win it outright.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on January 01, 2022, 02:18:47 PM
Klopp will miss tomorrow's game due to Covid.

I can stand in for him, I reckon I can do some tweaking he has overlooked.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Aaron Boone

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 01, 2022, 04:15:06 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 01, 2022, 02:18:47 PM
Klopp will miss tomorrow's game due to Covid.

I can stand in for him, I reckon I can do some tweaking he has overlooked.

The No.2 gets to do the match interviews and have Sky zoom in on them folding arms on the sideline.