Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - World and Premier League Champs  (Read 4338958 times)

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - World and Premier League Champs
« Reply #46935 on: October 17, 2020, 10:26:29 PM »
I think people need to give Liverpool a break. They have a wonderful team.

They've had to endure a devalued title, lifted in front of no fans, losing to a crap Arsenal team 3 times recently, hammered by Villa and now dominated by Everton.

They're a brilliant side and would probably have been up there with one of the best title-winning sides had things been normal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thebigfella

• View Profile
« Reply #46936 on: October 17, 2020, 10:36:21 PM »
The source seems to be mainly Richard Keys.

Yeah, f**k that hairy handed, kiddy fiddling ****. He hates Liverpool and has a hard on for Everton. Iíll wait for the official line

Fcuk me thats a bit ott...

He and Andy Grey have had a very nasty agenda against LFC for years. They can f**k right off in my opinion. His wife over over 30 years who was suffering from cancer kicked him out as he was having an affair with his daughter friend. May not have been under age but f**k me....

she was 28

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #46937 on: October 17, 2020, 10:52:33 PM »
The source seems to be mainly Richard Keys.

Yeah, f**k that hairy handed, kiddy fiddling ****. He hates Liverpool and has a hard on for Everton. Iíll wait for the official line

Fcuk me thats a bit ott...

He and Andy Grey have had a very nasty agenda against LFC for years. They can f**k right off in my opinion. His wife over over 30 years who was suffering from cancer kicked him out as he was having an affair with his daughter friend. May not have been under age but f**k me....

she was 28
[/quote

And he was twice her age with a sick wife.  Donít expect sympathy from me.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #46938 on: October 17, 2020, 10:54:50 PM »
Keep digging lad, ya called a TV pundit a kiddy fiddler cause ya had the hump ur team didn't win  ;D

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #46939 on: October 17, 2020, 10:56:19 PM »
Definitely issues with his moral compass but a ďkiddy fiddlerĒ? Have a bit of sense ffs.

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #46940 on: October 17, 2020, 11:18:59 PM »
Sounds like VVD has done his ACL - that's him out for quite a while then
Whats the usual time frame for that sort of injury?

Can be 9mths to a year

Closer to 6 months nowadays........after googling it 8 to 12 months for sportsmen to get back competing.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:50:03 PM by Capt Pat »

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #46941 on: October 18, 2020, 07:56:43 AM »
Keep digging lad, ya called a TV pundit a kiddy fiddler cause ya had the hump ur team didn't win  ;D

Yes i did and yes he is!  Odious man, a misogynist who got caught.

I have the hump but I donít believe much of what Keys says. He has an agenda against Liverpool and he and Gray have pushed a pro-Everton and pro-United line for years.

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #46942 on: October 18, 2020, 08:46:18 AM »
Liverpool asking the Premier League to investigate and explain themselves after today. Proper order.
For all the decisions Liverpool got last season?
Look, these things usually even themselves out

Good to see liverpool fans taking a draw in their stride

supersub

• View Profile
« Reply #46943 on: October 18, 2020, 09:40:06 AM »
Violent conduct requires you to not be challenging for the ball. So it doesnít cover that kind of incident.

It 100% should have been a red but itís one of those stupidities of the rules that means itís not. It doesnít meet the criteria for either violent conduct or serious foul play.

So if the whistle goes a player can do what they want to an opposition if the ball is still in play? Absurd. It was a red card, the officials completely fucked up while concentrating on the offside.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #46944 on: October 18, 2020, 09:49:38 AM »

Can be 9mths to a year

Closer to 6 months nowadays........after googling it 8 to 12 months for sportsmen to get back competing.

Both Tom Heston and Wesley did their ACLs in the same game in January. They are both just back training now, 9 months later. Not expected to play before December though.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #46945 on: October 18, 2020, 09:59:02 AM »
Violent conduct requires you to not be challenging for the ball. So it doesnít cover that kind of incident.

It 100% should have been a red but itís one of those stupidities of the rules that means itís not. It doesnít meet the criteria for either violent conduct or serious foul play.

So if the whistle goes a player can do what they want to an opposition if the ball is still in play? Absurd. It was a red card, the officials completely fucked up while concentrating on the offside.

Well if the whistle goes the ball isnít in play. If they are tackling for the ball it would appear the answer though according to the rule clarification from the English FA website I linked to earlier is if you are challenging for the ball it canít be serious foul play or violent conduct if the whistle has gone and you are challenging for the ball . Absolute stupidity of a rule but itís been seen in the past. As I say Peter Walton said the offside didnít matter at half time then by full time changed his position to well because of the offside it should have been violent conduct or because the lunge started before the whistle went for offside even though the foul was after it then it could have been serious foul play. None of those accord with that rule clarification. 

Dermot Gallagher was on another show I watched last night saying that once the offside happened the officials couldnít look to see if a foul had occurred and therefore couldnít assess if it was serious foul play. He then tried to back track when questioned by the pros and said the VAR official should have done it anyway even though he couldnít really.

I think thereís general agreement that both Pickford and Richarlison should have been sent off. My issue is that by letter of the very stupid law they may both technically get away with it. But then again the Premier league is quite hard to predict and regularly spouts nonsense such as when they claimed you had to touch the ball to be offside (in order they could defend a terrible Mike Dean decision) so we will just have to wait and see what they decide.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #46946 on: October 18, 2020, 11:06:40 AM »

Can be 9mths to a year

Both Tom Heston and Wesley did their ACLs in the same game in January. They are both just back training now, 9 months later. Not expected to play before December though.

Van Dijk will probably have turned 30 by the time he is back. ACL reconstruction (assuming its gone) is relatively straightforward these days, it's Father Time might be the issue with regards to full recovery (i.e his pace).

Boycey

• View Profile

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)