The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Bronco on October 06, 2020, 11:36:33 AM
Surely this is becoming a major concern for Liverpool given how many asthmatics they apparently have in the squad? I

I'd have thought all the asthmatics would have been told to self isolate for their own safety given they would be in a higher risk category than non-asthmatics?

Can anyone think of a logical reason why this is not the case?...
Cause they aren't actually asthmatic?

smelmoth

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 06, 2020, 03:56:04 PM
Surely this is becoming a major concern for Liverpool given how many asthmatics they apparently have in the squad? I

I'd have thought all the asthmatics would have been told to self isolate for their own safety given they would be in a higher risk category than non-asthmatics?

Can of worms that

Bronco

Interesting potential explanation there manfromdelmonte. It would be good to know the truth on this asthma story. It certainly raises a few red flags if it is true.

Strangely almost no Liverpool supporters seem keen to uncover the truth of the matter....

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 06, 2020, 03:56:04 PM

trueblue1234

I see more talk of Liverpool being linked with Sancho next summer. What's the thoughts on that?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armamike

Quote from: johnnycool on October 06, 2020, 03:23:45 PM
Quote from: Armamike on October 06, 2020, 12:21:03 PM
We're going to see some odd scorelines and results this year. It's a very different environment to be playing in. No fans in the stadium, a few of your teammates getting Covid, etc.  Man city get trounced by Leicester at home who then in turn get well bate by Newcastle the following week.  Even in Liverpool's best days and eras they've rarely put 7 past any team nor rarely ever conceded so many goals even at their lowest ebb, yet Villa can do this to possibly the best Liverpool side of all time.  No issues with the Villa result, they were magnificent.  But it's strange times we're in and it's hard to know what to make of some of the results the tail end of last season and the start of this season. Everton are top of the league ffs  :-*

you must be about late 20's or not much more to think that...

This squad has a bit to go to emulate Dalglish and the team of that era.

IMO Van Dyke is a beast of a player and when he's not on song the rest of the defence get exposed a bit. Gomez is decent, nothing more. Robertson and TTA are superb attacking options and now will maybe need to defend a bit more as more teams target the space they leave behind them.
Klopp can't get Sane and the much maligned Henderson back soon enough to up the workrate.

It's still Liverpools to lose so one trimming like that won't overly concern Klopp.

:D I wish I was.  Ach no, I don't really believe that myself - note the use of 'possibly'.  There's a few contenders for that title.  The late 70s team probably were the best in my view.  The 82-84  side was a machine.  The 87-89 team played football from the gods.   This team have set new milestones though in terms of points/games won, pure consistency and they have the 2 big prizes in the bag.  So they deserve to be talked about in terms of one of the best Liverpool teams.  I would say in terms of consistency alone, they're right up there.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 06, 2020, 04:29:02 PM
I see more talk of Liverpool being linked with Sancho next summer. What's the thoughts on that?

Given the price, I'd be surprised, especially as Salah still has a few years in him.

If Salah wanted to head to Spain or something, then maybe.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on October 06, 2020, 04:35:35 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on October 06, 2020, 03:23:45 PM
Quote from: Armamike on October 06, 2020, 12:21:03 PM
We're going to see some odd scorelines and results this year. It's a very different environment to be playing in. No fans in the stadium, a few of your teammates getting Covid, etc.  Man city get trounced by Leicester at home who then in turn get well bate by Newcastle the following week.  Even in Liverpool's best days and eras they've rarely put 7 past any team nor rarely ever conceded so many goals even at their lowest ebb, yet Villa can do this to possibly the best Liverpool side of all time.  No issues with the Villa result, they were magnificent.  But it's strange times we're in and it's hard to know what to make of some of the results the tail end of last season and the start of this season. Everton are top of the league ffs  :-*

you must be about late 20's or not much more to think that...

This squad has a bit to go to emulate Dalglish and the team of that era.

IMO Van Dyke is a beast of a player and when he's not on song the rest of the defence get exposed a bit. Gomez is decent, nothing more. Robertson and TTA are superb attacking options and now will maybe need to defend a bit more as more teams target the space they leave behind them.
Klopp can't get Sane and the much maligned Henderson back soon enough to up the workrate.

It's still Liverpools to lose so one trimming like that won't overly concern Klopp.

:D I wish I was.  Ach no, I don't really believe that myself - note the use of 'possibly'.  There's a few contenders for that title.  The late 70s team probably were the best in my view.  The 82-84  side was a machine.  The 87-89 team played football from the gods.   This team have set new milestones though in terms of points/games won, pure consistency and they have the 2 big prizes in the bag.  So they deserve to be talked about in terms of one of the best Liverpool teams.  I would say in terms of consistency alone, they're right up there.

Those teams of the past consistently delivered titles, that's why I'd have them (at the minute) above the current team.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on October 06, 2020, 05:39:46 PM

Given the price, I'd be surprised, especially as Salah still has a few years in him.

It would take selling a Mane or Salah to finance the deal, can't see us splashing 100millon+  on him otherwise.
If he has another good season this season he will have all the top clubs after him also unlike the transfer window just gone where none of them were really in for him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on October 06, 2020, 06:23:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 06, 2020, 05:39:46 PM

It would take selling a Mane or Salah to finance the deal, can't see us splashing 100millon+  on him otherwise.
If he has another good season this season he will have all the top clubs after him also unlike the transfer window just gone where none of them were really in for him.
Agreed.
It would have been a massive gamble for United to spend 100m on him when he's still not proven. This season should tell whether he is in fact another Salah, Mane type quality player, or if he's another Theo Walcott.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Milltown Row2

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on October 08, 2020, 01:26:32 PM
Five years ago today a certain flight was being heavily tracked

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11101.32115
Some great reading there,even go back a page or two to the day Brodge was sacked..
What a 5 years its been.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Whatever happened to deiseach?  Was always a great poster, missus was a proper red too if I remember rightly.

On a side note, Shaq doesn't have CV after all!  What the f**k....release the Shaq on Everton when he comes back....just for the craic!

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.