The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on May 09, 2019, 02:03:28 PM
Final will be a toss up. Two evenly matched teams who will be well rested and probably at close to full strength if kane is back.

I was asked an interesting question today, would most Liverpool and City fans happily swap positions now i.e. Liverpool with the league in their own hands on the final day and City in the CL final. For me definitely. Great to be in the CL final but the league was always the priority, irrespective of how momentous the Barca match was. I suspect more than a few City fans would have the same view.
Would 100% swap positions with City. League title is all that matters. If we win the Champions League it will be a great consolation prize though.
I would say Pep would definitely swap places with Liverpool.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on May 09, 2019, 02:17:36 PM
Final will be a toss up. Two evenly matched teams who will be well rested and probably at close to full strength if kane is back.

I was asked an interesting question today, would most Liverpool and City fans happily swap positions now i.e. Liverpool with the league in their own hands on the final day and City in the CL final. For me definitely. Great to be in the CL final but the league was always the priority, irrespective of how momentous the Barca match was. I suspect more than a few City fans would have the same view.
Would 100% swap positions with City. League title is all that matters. If we win the Champions League it will be a great consolation prize though.

+1 (or is it +2?)

seafoid

Quote from: laoislad on May 09, 2019, 02:17:36 PM

Pep was hired to win the Champions League. Liverpool are gagging to win the League
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on May 09, 2019, 02:03:50 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 09, 2019, 11:10:12 AM
Would be weird if Spurs won it. A club that hasn't won the league in what, 50 or 60 years? No FA Cup final appearances since 1991, and only two league cups in the trophy cabinet over the last 35 years.

agree, the whole point about being champions is its supposed to be difficult to win the champions league. Now any spanish, german or english team can qualify, get reasonable luck and win it underserved. The gah is going the same way, no room for shocks. Open draw and 2 legs from the start lol.
the whole point of the Champions League is money

imtommygunn

Would be weird if Spurs won it. A club that hasn't won the league in what, 50 or 60 years? No FA Cup final appearances since 1991, and only two league cups in the trophy cabinet over the last 35 years.

agree, the whole point about being champions is its supposed to be difficult to win the champions league. Now any spanish, german or english team can qualify, get reasonable luck and win it underserved. The gah is going the same way, no room for shocks. Open draw and 2 legs from the start lol.

Surely you are contradicting your own point there? If you can get reasonable luck and win it undeserved then that would be a shock?

Shocks are gone in the Gaa, football world anyway, but they're not in the champions league. What odds on spurs getting to the final? Liverpool were there last year so hardly a shock. Spurs are bound to have been pretty long odds to get to the final.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2019, 02:43:50 PM

The whole point of the GAA Championship is money also.

quit yo jibbajabba

Id say they were def long odds after 1 point after 1st  3 games or whatever it was...

Their names on the fuddin trophy isnt it....

BennyCake

Yeah I agree, it should only be the league champions involved. But it's all about money so that's not going to happen. The expanding of the CL was what help to  kill the FA cup (as well as the obscene tv money floating about the PL).

You joke about the last bit but I agree. Open draw is the way to go (and why not 2 legs?), but again it's all about money so the gaa wont go with that.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 09, 2019, 03:08:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2019, 02:43:50 PM

The whole point of the GAA Championship is money also.
I thought it was the ongoing purgatory of Mayo and boosting national levels of emotion.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2019, 02:49:41 PM

Surely you are contradicting your own point there? If you can get reasonable luck and win it undeserved then that would be a shock?

Shocks are gone in the Gaa, football world anyway, but they're not in the champions league. What odds on spurs getting to the final? Liverpool were there last year so hardly a shock. Spurs are bound to have been pretty long odds to get to the final.
The last 5 CL finals were won as expected.
When is the last time a team from Eastern Europe won it?

LooseCannon

Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2019, 03:46:57 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2019, 02:49:41 PM

The last 5 CL finals were won as expected.
When is the last time a team from Eastern Europe won it?
Red Star Belgrade in 91, on penalties. Back when Yugoslavia existed.

imtommygunn

Liverpool winning it the last year they won it was quite a shock. Chelsea the year they won it too and I would say Porto winning it. When do you ever see that in the GAA? Ok they're not poor clubs but with where the clubs were at those points in time they wouldn't have been expected to. (Liverpool winning it this year wouldn't be in any way a surprise whereas spurs have come from nowhere).

Esmarelda

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2019, 04:08:58 PM
Liverpool winning it the last year they won it was quite a shock. Chelsea the year they won it too and I would say Porto winning it. When do you ever see that in the GAA? Ok they're not poor clubs but with where the clubs were at those points in time they wouldn't have been expected to. (Liverpool winning it this year wouldn't be in any way a surprise whereas spurs have come from nowhere).
Understatement of the year. :D

Farrandeelin

Especially before Arsenal and their 13 league titles.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2019, 04:08:58 PM
Porto was two years after Armagh and one year after Tyrone
Galway won the hurling after 29 years and Limerick after 35

The CL has been all Real Madrid recently