Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Origi gone on season long loan to Wolfsburg

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2017, 03:02:08 PM
Origi gone on season long loan to Wolfsburg
6m in a loan fee as well  :o
Good enough deal, I think he has potential, but is raw and needs the games.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Getting a bit late in the day now. Can't see anyone else coming in.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hound

Quote from: TabClear on August 31, 2017, 10:25:49 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 31, 2017, 09:20:53 AM
Whatever else happens, getting VVD in is the key one to how successful Liverpool can be this season.

What i have found strange is that there has been no links to any other big name CBs all summer. I know there are not many out there who would be available hence the VVD/Jonny Evans madness(£30m wtf). I like Evans and he is a solid, proven dependable CB but he is pushing 30 and for me that is crazy money. What is particularly galling is that based on Sakho's performances last year for Palace  he might have been a very good option. I'm not particularly well up on the French/German/Dutch leagues but surely there has to be a young Alderweild/Agger/Kompany etc out there somewhere for sensible money.

Klopp might have Gomez marked down for the future at CB but we cannot afford to drop too many points like at Watford.

I don't know who he is, but surely there must be a few centre backs in the championship who meet the following criteria:

About 24/25 years old, who can win anything and everything in the air, and bulldozes through friend and foe to get there. Roars and shouts to keep teammates on their toes. Not brilliant on the ball, but well capable to hitting a 10 yard pass to Henderson/Can or to a full back.

That's who I would have liked to sign as an additional CB!

Denn Forever

QuoteNeither Karius or Mignolet are the answer in goals either imo.

It is unfair to judge Goalkeepers when the defence in front of them isn't that hot.  Even Joe Harte isn't doing very well behind the West Ham defence.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Joe Harte hasn't been a good goalkeeper in a few years now though.

GJL

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2017, 04:50:12 PM
Joe Harte hasn't been a good goalkeeper in a few years now though.

Was he ever?

A good defence in front of him was the key. (Mainly Vincent Kompany)

thebigfella

92 million bid from Arsenal for Lemar. Oh dear  ;D

TabClear

Quote from: thebigfella on August 31, 2017, 05:02:19 PM

How do you bid £30m for someone in July and then go back with a £90m bid. ...I thought the world had went daft when united paid that for Pogba. The ass had to fall out of this at some point. 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on August 31, 2017, 04:15:40 PM
Quote from: TabClear on August 31, 2017, 10:25:49 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 31, 2017, 09:20:53 AM
Whatever else happens, getting VVD in is the key one to how successful Liverpool can be this season.

What i have found strange is that there has been no links to any other big name CBs all summer. I know there are not many out there who would be available hence the VVD/Jonny Evans madness(£30m wtf). I like Evans and he is a solid, proven dependable CB but he is pushing 30 and for me that is crazy money. What is particularly galling is that based on Sakho's performances last year for Palace  he might have been a very good option. I'm not particularly well up on the French/German/Dutch leagues but surely there has to be a young Alderweild/Agger/Kompany etc out there somewhere for sensible money.

Klopp might have Gomez marked down for the future at CB but we cannot afford to drop too many points like at Watford.

I don't know who he is, but surely there must be a few centre backs in the championship who meet the following criteria:

About 24/25 years old, who can win anything and everything in the air, and bulldozes through friend and foe to get there. Roars and shouts to keep teammates on their toes. Not brilliant on the ball, but well capable to hitting a 10 yard pass to Henderson/Can or to a full back.

That's who I would have liked to sign as an additional CB!

Sounds like a circa 2005 Carragher
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on August 31, 2017, 05:06:15 PM

How do you bid £30m for someone in July and then go back with a £90m bid. ...I thought the world had went daft when united paid that for Pogba. The ass had to fall out of this at some point.
I'd never even heard of the cnut before Monday  ;D
Couldn't care less if we sign him or not.
Doesn't look like VVD is coming at this stage. That's one you would be hoping gets done!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2017, 05:13:13 PM

Doesn't look like VVD is coming at this stage. That's one you would be hoping gets done!

There has never been any negotiations from Southhampton. They were very serious about this from the beginning.

AZOffaly

James Pearce of the Echo says they are unlikely to sign anyone else today. So I suppose if they keep Coutinho it's a decent enough window with Salah, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Keita for next year. Big negative not strengthening the centre backs. Maybe Sahko stays.

If they lose Coutinho now it's a bad window.

Gabriel_Hurl

Spain have an extra day to do transfers as well, don't they?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2017, 05:13:13 PM

Never heard of Lemar yet Ox is a great player LOL