The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Very poor stuff alright. Liverpool players must still think they are on their Summer holidays. Haven't got going at all. Need a rocket up their holes to wake them up.

stiffler

Gerrard has been very quiet.

Need to lift it 50% in the 2nd half, spurs have proven that they will be hard to beat in the lane this year.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

FermGael

Midman

Only Reina has played well, couldn't do much about the goals. Our whole midfield have been poor, Johnson OK in fits and starts. Hardly seen Babel and Lucas at all. Torres and Gerrard  pretty anonymous

Carmen Stateside

That was abit shit!!!!
Poor all over today! No one seemed to want to push forward until they were behind, again our lack of width is clear to be seen.  Problems mounting in defence aswell with both Carragher and Skrtel picking up injurys!

GalwayBayBoy

Disappointing result. We were so slow to get going it was unreal. First half we were woeful. Nearly as bad as Middlesborough away last season. Undoubtably should have had at least one penalty near the end after Voronin was shoved over in the box and then the handball straight after. The ref basically bottled it and wasn't going to award another penalty after giving the first one. One thing is for sure Yossi has to start from now on. Liverpool only started playing after he came on. Babel was rank rotten. The injuries to Carra and Skrtel didn't help as the centre of defence was a bit ropey all day. Johnson did pretty well though and Reina was very good. Only lost 2 league games all last season and we've already reached half that total in one game. Need to go on a bit of a run now already.

stew

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 16, 2009, 06:06:11 PM
Disappointing result. We were so slow to get going it was unreal. First half we were woeful. Nearly as bad as Middlesborough away last season. Undoubtably should have had at least one penalty near the end after Voronin was shoved over in the box and then the handball straight after. The ref basically bottled it and wasn't going to award another penalty after giving the first one. One thing is for sure Yossi has to start from now on. Liverpool only started playing after he came on. Babel was rank rotten. The injuries to Carra and Skrtel didn't help as the centre of defence was a bit ropey all day. Johnson did pretty well though and Reina was very good. Only lost 2 league games all last season and we've already reached half that total in one game. Need to go on a bit of a run now already.

Liverpool were brutal today, that first half was as bad from them as i have ever seen, there was not one bright spark in the first half, you would think they would be up for it given the fact that it was the start of the league but they played like it was the pre season.

The spuds looked good and Keane could have had a hat trick, he will be happy to bate rafa and the team that didnt want him after seven or so months. Well done the spuds, I expect the fearonator to be doing a bit of slabbering about this result. :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minus15

was always going to b a tough game today. Spurs are decent side and will have a good season. will take plenty of points off the big 4 too. From a Liverpool point of view though hugely disappointing and big improvement needed. Spurs away isn't the game you want to start with when the players are rusty. One good thing i that on paper the next 6 games are very winnable and they should be able to go on a run. hope the money can be found for reinforcements!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minus15 on August 16, 2009, 06:38:47 PM
was always going to b a tough game today. Spurs are decent side and will have a good season. will take plenty of points off the big 4 too. From a Liverpool point of view though hugely disappointing and big improvement needed. Spurs away isn't the game you want to start with when the players are rusty. One good thing i that on paper the next 6 games are very winnable and they should be able to go on a run. hope the money can be found for reinforcements!

Players seemed stuck in pre-season mode for the first half. They never turned up until they went behind and Benny came on and started pulling the strings. Spurs meanwhile being roared on at home were up for it from the very start as most teams are first day of a new season.

Chelsea and United both won despite neither being particularly impressive. Liverpool now need to get going and get points on the board and not allow a gap to develop. You would worry though about our strength in depth in certain positions especially as we've already got players picking up knocks.

Capt Pat

Chelsea and Man U both had close enough home wins against weaker teams. They did not pick up any extra goal difference which they might have expected. Liverpool lost this fixture las season as well I think????. This season we need to beat Stoke and Hull at home to make up ground on United.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 17, 2009, 12:30:59 AM
Chelsea and Man U both had close enough home wins against weaker teams. They did not pick up any extra goal difference which they might have expected. Liverpool lost this fixture las season as well I think????. This season we need to beat Stoke and Hull at home to make up ground on United.

You're never going to have 2 seasons the same. For example I'm very confident United will get more than 5 points off Liverpool, Chelski and Arsenal. But they'll also almost certainly pick up less than 58 points against teams in the bottom half. The crucial points in winning the league tend to be different every year bar the one constant - winning games when you aren't playing well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 17, 2009, 12:58:45 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 17, 2009, 12:30:59 AM

You're never going to have 2 seasons the same. For example I'm very confident United will get more than 5 points off Liverpool, Chelski and Arsenal. But they'll also almost certainly pick up less than 58 points against teams in the bottom half. The crucial points in winning the league tend to be different every year bar the one constant - winning games when you aren't playing well.
I can't see that happening, last season united only did the double over a scolari-influenced chelsea and choked against liverpool. They will beat arsenal at home and get a point at old trafford but i just cant wait for the first manchester derby. Uited will beat all the teams in he bottom 10 twice but will struggle against the top 8. IMO last year were unconvincing in most games and, although they did deserve to be champions, could have been a lot more dominant.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

irunthev

Why is it that Liverpool are being linked with so many centre halves when it is clear that over the course of the season their real problem will be keeping a potent attack in operation. Torres and Gerrard are exceptional, no question, but as an old team mate asked me after he had started a fight one night at a party and proceeded to get the shit kicked out of him, "where's the back-up?"