The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Looks like Liverpool have bought the new Darren Anderton, according to Sky Sports News Aquilani has only played 45% of Roma games in 3 seasons.

under the bar

QuoteLooks like Liverpool have bought the new Darren Anderton, according to Sky Sports News Aquilani has only played 45% of Roma games in 3 seasons.

lol.  Quote of the day!

EC Unique

Quote from: stiffler on August 13, 2009, 10:52:27 PM
Quote from: The GAA on August 13, 2009, 10:51:54 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on August 13, 2009, 10:40:57 PM
reckon it'll be:
             reina
johnson skrtel carra insua
kuyt lucas  masch riera
         gerrard
          torres

Not much progression from last season there...

At least we havnt regressed  :-*

Alonso gone = regression! No matter about the 2 new starters

bingobus

Alonso is gone and he's a big loss. Lucas is ready to fill in the role and while he isn't in Alonso's class he knows the score and played in Liverpools best displays last year  - 4-1 at Old Trafford and 5-1 at Newcastle. In the second half of last season he really started to show steady improved and I think he'll do well this season and between him and Aquaman we'll be ok in that position.

Johnson and Insua as attacking wing backs will really take on in going forward and this could really be an added spark this year, that we missed in other years. Hopefully they don't leave the team exposed at back but with Masch sitting he'll cover alot of ground.

I think Uniteds "regression" (must be the buzz word) is far greater than Liverpools. It is obvious their CM is weak against the big teams and with Hargreaves out for another half a season (longer if rumours are to be beleived) and another year on Scholes and Giggs, this area hasn't been addressed.

They have lost Tevez and more importantly the source and provider of their goals - Ronaldo. Regardless of the potential of Valencia, he isn't a quarter of the player or threat that Ronaldo was. Owen is not the player he was, he'll get a few goals but will miss as many.

Chelsea haven't weakened and are favourites in my book. Essien there from start but is this an african nations cup year? They'll be hit more than anyone. Only chance is that new manager takes a while to settle into premiership and they start slow but the players know the score.

Arsenal not a chance and will be under threat for top 4 position from Villa, City (will take them a few years to really challenge but will take a few sclaps this year) possibly Everton if they can keep Lescott.

Really think Liverpool have a decent shout this year but may need to strengten in January for a final push. Heart says Liverpool, head says Chelsea.

stiffler

Quote from: EC Unique on August 14, 2009, 10:24:27 AM
Quote from: stiffler on August 13, 2009, 10:52:27 PM
Quote from: The GAA on August 13, 2009, 10:51:54 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on August 13, 2009, 10:40:57 PM
reckon it'll be:
             reina
johnson skrtel carra insua
kuyt lucas  masch riera
         gerrard
          torres

Not much progression from last season there...

At least we havnt regressed  :-*

Alonso gone = regression! No matter about the 2 new starters

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Carrick (Giggs 74), Anderson (Scholes 73), Park (Berbatov 74), Rooney, Tevez.
Subs Not Used: Foster, Nani, Evans, Fletcher.

Sent Off: Vidic (76).

Booked: Ferdinand, Van der Sar.

Goals: Ronaldo 23 pen.

Liverpool: Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Hyypia, Aurelio, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard (El Zhar 90), Riera (Dossena 67), Torres (Babel 81).
Subs Not Used: Cavalieri, Insua, Ngog, Arbeloa.

Booked: Carragher, Mascherano, Skrtel.

Goals: Torres 28, Gerrard 44 pen, Aurelio 77, Dossena 90.

Att: 75,569

Ref: Alan Wiley (Staffordshire).

Alonso wasnt playing that day....add Johnson to that team for Sami, and its still pretty strong  ;)

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The GAA

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Capt Pat

Quote from: supersub on August 14, 2009, 09:56:26 AM
Liverpool just haven't invested enough to progress the team to win the league. Alright the full team of:

Reina
johnson carra skrtel aurelio

Kuyt Aquil Masch Riera

Gerrard

Torres

is capable of beating anyone and winning the league, but how often are we going to have the said 11 available? If you look at UTD and chelseas squads when they have won the league there is depth in every position and thats what we lack!

The more we put out our first 11 the better rather than all the changesthat have become the norm. I don't watch the premieership that much any more but I never really thought Alonzo was that  good andhe won't be mnissed too much.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 16, 2009, 10:35:04 AM
Hansen tipping Liverpool to win the league.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8197918.stm

Thats some tip alright!

Was he not the one who said abouit UTD "you won't win anything with kids"

He has his Liverpool blinkers on again...Liverpool wont win anything with Kyut playing up front. Not enough striking opions if Torres gets injured(which he will)

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

There is time yet to sign a player or two. But here, I cant beleive that German star, Lukas Podolski transfered for 10million euros. The fee was agreed in January, but he didnt officially transfer til the start of the window on July 1st. He wasnt getting on at Bayern Munich becasue Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose were the new preferred partnership. The german manager, (dunno who it is now), said that if he transfered to FC Koln it would do his international career the world of good, because he would be playing more regular football...and so he moved! How did this stay so low on the transfer radar?! Im a bit rippin to be honest! His record for Germany is 33goals in 64games!!! Thats brilliant! And for 10million EUROS!!! Ding ding ding BARGAIN anyone??!! And to think, we were gunna buy Lee bloody Cattermole for 10million POUNDS!!! I know who I would rather have!!

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

J70

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 16, 2009, 11:01:26 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 16, 2009, 10:35:04 AM
Hansen tipping Liverpool to win the league.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8197918.stm

Thats some tip alright!

Was he not the one who said abouit UTD "you won't win anything with kids"

He has his Liverpool blinkers on again...Liverpool wont win anything with Kyut playing up front. Not enough striking opions if Torres gets injured(which he will)

FFS Ferguson himself has said that Hansen's comment back then was a perfectly reasonable comment.