The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Lallana wasn't good. I thought Henderson was fine until he was injured. Countinho was clever but it wasn't the sort of game he was going to get room in. Milner was Milner.

lurganblue

Quote from: Dire Ear on April 08, 2016, 10:20:53 AM
Henderson , Coutinio, Milner , Lalana,  am I the only one who thinks they were sh*te ??  :(

Henderson, Milner and Lalana definately.  Henderson in particular is pure tripe.

Have to say though i was surprised at how well liverpool played last night. Also, i noted during the game that a lot of the dortmund players need a good feed of spuds.

mouview

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 08, 2016, 10:24:37 AM
Lallana wasn't good. I thought Henderson was fine until he was injured. Countinho was clever but it wasn't the sort of game he was going to get room in. Milner was Milner.

Milner is regarded as a galactico  among his carthorse peer group.

AZOffaly

He is the carthorse's carthorse. He does that role well. Works hard, but he is not really clever, or technically excellent, so he is just a stong reliable guy, but the Americans would say he's 'just a guy'.

mikehunt

Quote from: The Stallion on April 08, 2016, 09:58:03 AM
That's good news, Henderson is awful. Lovren played well last night, but I'm staggered someone suggested Sakho had a good game, he was shocking. Complete liability.

One draw doesn't change the fact Liverpool's performances under Klopp have been really poor.

Sakho was an absolute colossus last night. Spurs went there and got whupped. Liverpool will be disappointed they didn't win. Tactical masterclass from Jurgen Klopp. Dortmund would still have to be favourite though. They have a fantastic team whereas Liverpool still have too many cloggers/windy holes. Wait til Klopp gets his own players in.

Curious to know who you would replace Klopp with? Big Sam, Steve Bruce or the return of Roy Hodgson. These the type manager you would have in?

gawa316

That's some result to be fair considering we have a shit manager and loads of shit players

J70

Quote from: stew on April 08, 2016, 10:13:59 AM
Quote from: The Stallion on April 08, 2016, 09:58:03 AM
That's good news, Henderson is awful. Lovren played well last night, but I'm staggered someone suggested Sakho had a good game, he was shocking. Complete liability.

One draw doesn't change the fact Liverpool's performances under Klopp have been really poor.

Klopp did a superb job last night as did Liverpool, Sakho is the awkward looking Liverpool player I have ever seen, he is dire and should be nowhere that side.

I hope Liverpool push on but they are going to concede at infield and I think they will need three to advance, that can do that but it is a tough ask.

Sahko is awkward looking, I'll grant you that (someone described him as Bambi! ;D), but he almost inevitably makes the tackle or intercepts the ball. He is prone to giving the ball away now and again, but that is partly because so much of it goes through him. And he is beaten in the air too from time to time (although even the mighty Hummels was beaten by James Milner in the lead up to Liverpool's goal).

On the whole though, he has been very good for Liverpool this season. Positionally good, very agile/strong, decent on the ball. IMO, if he had a more orthodox style and stance, and didn't constantly look as though he was about to fall over the ball (which he never does), I think he would be rated far more highly.

gawa316

Joey Barton put it well...Sakho is the most unorthodox, efficient, effective defender on the Planet!

Out of interest below is Sakho's passing rate for the last 3 years and selected others

13/14 14/15 15/16
Sahko    93%   90%   87%
Koscielny 95%  89%   87%
Terry      92%   89%   90%
Stones    90%   90%   89%
Kompany 89%   87%   84%
Smalling  83%   88%   82%
Vertonghen 83% 85%  87%

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on April 08, 2016, 06:30:52 PM
Joey Barton put it well...Sakho is the most unorthodox, efficient, effective defender on the Planet!

Out of interest below is Sakho's passing rate for the last 3 years and selected others

13/14 14/15 15/16
Sahko    93%   90%   87%
Koscielny 95%  89%   87%
Terry      92%   89%   90%
Stones    90%   90%   89%
Kompany 89%   87%   84%
Smalling  83%   88%   82%
Vertonghen 83% 85%  87%

But sure he's no good. The thing is when he and Lovern have had regular game time together the team has played better. Unorthodox but who cares.

Last night was the best performance this season and should have been a win. Weiner boy in goals for BD made 3 outstanding saves when it was 1-1. It sets it up nicely for the second leg. I am fearful for it though as you can't see Abab and Reus being so quiet again. MF worried me last night but did improve with Allen. Henderson may be one of the summer fall guys. He's just not good enough.

Big statement by playing Origi but he was the right player for the night as it was a counter attack night. Next week will be the same.

AZOffaly

I'm obviously jinxing him now, but Lovren is starting to prove me right. I still maintain he has the tools to be a very strong, solid centre back.

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 08, 2016, 08:14:20 PM
I'm obviously jinxing him now, but Lovren is starting to prove me right. I still maintain he has the tools to be a very strong, solid centre back.

He's been very good this year bar that early West Ham game. But he's one of those players, as soon as he has another bad game will be deemed shite again and all the good performances in between are forgot about

The Stallion

"Big Sam, Steve Bruce or the return of Roy Hodgson. These the type manager you would have in?"

No

laoislad

Quote from: The Stallion on April 08, 2016, 10:19:34 PM
"Big Sam, Steve Bruce or the return of Roy Hodgson. These the type manager you would have in?"

No
Who then?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: laoislad on April 09, 2016, 09:02:41 AM

No
Who then?
Eddie Howe the standout. Mourinho still available for a month or two.

Klopp was the choice of most on here though and the Liverpool board took heed.

The Stallion

Quote from: laoislad on April 09, 2016, 09:02:41 AM

No
Who then?

Please refer to my earlier posts, I've responded to this question several times now.