The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 08, 2015, 04:08:42 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 08, 2015, 04:07:37 PM
So really what you're saying AZ is you want more signings and not for us to just sign ings....

More and *Better* signings than Ings and Milner. I want a signing that Jamie Redknapp can say 'Top top player' about.
You didn't get my joke did you...
I thought was funny anyway :)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

HiMucker

Who would this big money striker be?  I fear it would have to be over the odds for a benteke type. ie not a proven world class striker.  Liverpool cant compete with the big boys for the tier one players.  I think a buy like Ings is a safer bet and just as likely to pay off.  Could end up a serious player, or end up a dud, but at least not a 30mil dud like some hot prospect from Europe.  I just don't know who these players fans want to sign are who would realistically sign?

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on June 08, 2015, 04:10:41 PM
So really what you're saying AZ is you want more signings and not for us to just sign ings....

More and *Better* signings than Ings and Milner. I want a signing that Jamie Redknapp can say 'Top top player' about.

I did, but I was embarrassed for you so I didn't mention it. Just like you won't now mention yesterday.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 08, 2015, 04:15:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 08, 2015, 04:10:41 PM

I did, but I was embarrassed for you so I didn't mention it. Just like you won't now mention yesterday.
I was a little embarrassed with it also, that's why I deleted it ,but not before you had quoted it as quick as lighting.
If the Offaly hurlers had have the same speed yesterday.....

beer baron

Good signing with ings lads. I wouldn't have minded him at Utd if truth be told(as long as we got a senior striker too) I think there's plenty come from him and plenty will have pie on their faces.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 09, 2015, 03:22:47 PM
This sounds suspiciously like a 'come and get me'...
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/klopp-open-exciting-premier-league-9419305
Exactly what i thought.
I think that will test how much faith the owners really have in rodgers.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gabriel_Hurl

A bid for Sterling of £25million (plus £5 million in add-ons) from City has been rejected

laoislad

laoislad

In other news I see we've almost signed a back up keeper on a free from Bolton...

Now you're gonna believe us...

Gabriel_Hurl

He had a great game in the FA Cup at Anfield earlier in the year

The Stallion

It's sad to see so many delusional Liverpool fans here. As a lifelong fan myself it's plain to see Rodgers isn't up to the job, and signing average players like Milner and Ings isn't going to improve the side at all.

Milltown Row2

No way.... Top four next year. Its a shoe in...the fans know best
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: The Stallion on June 11, 2015, 11:05:34 PM
It's sad to see so many delusional Liverpool fans here. As a lifelong fan myself it's plain to see Rodgers isn't up to the job, and signing average players like Milner and Ings isn't going to improve the side at all.

First of all I think they do improve the side or maybe squad is a better term. Ings is a much better option than what we currently have bar Sturridge and Milner has just came of the back of a good season and is far from average. On the whole these will be only good signings if we sign some proven, ready made starters which remains to be seen if we are capable of this.

supersub

Quote from: HiMucker on June 08, 2015, 04:13:34 PM
Who would this big money striker be?  I fear it would have to be over the odds for a benteke type. ie not a proven world class striker.  Liverpool cant compete with the big boys for the tier one players.  I think a buy like Ings is a safer bet and just as likely to pay off.  Could end up a serious player, or end up a dud, but at least not a 30mil dud like some hot prospect from Europe.  I just don't know who these players fans want to sign are who would realistically sign?

Someone in the same bracket as Suarez or Torres before they arrived, simple. Good recognised strikers with a decent goal scoring record, but not at the level where Madrid, Barca etc are chasing them too. Both men mentioned improved drastically at Liverpool resulting in 'bigger' teams then becoming interested when they were considered world class. There will be plenty more as such out there.