Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on May 07, 2015, 10:20:32 AM
Quote from: mb80b60 on May 07, 2015, 10:17:00 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 07, 2015, 10:11:14 AM
Quote from: mb80b60 on May 07, 2015, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 07, 2015, 10:07:26 AM
Watching Juve the other night I couldn't help but think Tevez was the man to replace Suarez once Liverpool found out they wouldn't get Sanchez. He's still got it.

Yeah but why would he leave Juve to go to Liverpool?  I agree he would have been perfect for Liverpool but I don't think he ever would have joined.

What were Liverpool willing to pay for Sanchez? 30 odd million? I think Juve would have taken that!

I didn't say Liverpool wouldn't fork out the money - what I'm saying is Tevez never would have joined.  Why would he?

Especially since Evra reckons he has "United blood"!!

Light blue tint to that blood....

mb80b60

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 07, 2015, 10:18:50 AM
Watching Juve the other night I couldn't help but think Tevez was the man to replace Suarez once Liverpool found out they wouldn't get Sanchez. He's still got it.

Yeah but why would he leave Juve to go to Liverpool?  I agree he would have been perfect for Liverpool but I don't think he ever would have joined.

What were Liverpool willing to pay for Sanchez? 30 odd million? I think Juve would have taken that!

I didn't say Liverpool wouldn't fork out the money - what I'm saying is Tevez never would have joined.  Why would he?

Well 12 months ago Liverpool were flying high and looked to have turned a corner. Despite Juve's improvement this year Seria A is still quite a poor league. I think he would have went and I'm sure he would have increased his wages.

If you honestly think Tevez would have left Juventus to play with Liverpool last season you're deluded.

He was coming off a season as the teams top scorer having just won the league.  He's guaranteed champions league football every year at Juve and he's playing in a team which is far superior to Liverpool. 

AZOffaly

Walter Cronc

Quote from: mb80b60 on May 07, 2015, 10:27:46 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 07, 2015, 10:18:50 AM

Well 12 months ago Liverpool were flying high and looked to have turned a corner. Despite Juve's improvement this year Seria A is still quite a poor league. I think he would have went and I'm sure he would have increased his wages.

If you honestly think Tevez would have left Juventus to play with Liverpool last season you're deluded.

He was coming off a season as the teams top scorer having just won the league.  He's guaranteed champions league football every year at Juve and he's playing in a team which is far superior to Liverpool. 

Lol deluded. Someone get out of bed on the wrong side this morning??

I'm an Arsenal fan and couldn't give a monkeys about Liverpool. Was just trying to start a debate to see what genuine pool fans thought.

I'm guessing your a United man??

Juve bought him for 12 million. If Liverpool had offered 25 to a club with financial difficulties then I think you might be the deluded one :D

Bingo

laoislad

Have we found the new EC Unique in mb80b60.....!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mb80b60

Oops, looks like I've awoken the Liverpool fans  ;D

I 'support' Man United, yes.  However, I'm not a devout fan and I haven't been over at a game for a few years now.  I don't care as much about it as I used to and supporting Man United has nothing to do with my opinion on this.

Throughout his time in England Tevez seemed unhappy.  He was in England for 4 or 5 years and couldn't string a sentence together in English.  I don't think he would return to England for any reason, let alone to play with a club who were going to be in a top 4 scrap.  He moved to Juve, the fans love him, he is top scorer and he seems to finally be enjoying himself.

The point about whether or not Liverpool would have had an offer accepted in a moot one.  I stand by what I say that he wouldn't have joined Liverpool regardless.

In any case, are Juve in financial difficulties?  They spent fairly big on Morata last year, but who have they sold recently?  If they were desperate they could have sold any of Tevez, Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichsteiner for decent money.  I wouldn't say they're a selling club really.

Anyway, back to keeping the thread on track.  I don't think we need to create a Juve thread  ;D

Who do we think Liverpool will be after this summer?  I think Milner/Walcott would be very good additions to the squad and shouldn't be expensive.  Is Milner available on a free?

A striker looks like a necessity... would you be happy to take a punt on Ings?  What about this Origi fella?

I assume a full back will be coming in too if Johnson goes?

GJL

Looks like Utd have beaten Liverpool to the Depay signing. Ah well...

laoislad

Jaysis two contenders for the new EC Unique in one day!
My money is on GJL.

Armamike

There was only one ECUnique! 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

Reports that Sturridge will miss the start of next season now! I suppose it's good in a way because they can't sleepwalk into the same situation they ended up in this year, but f**k me, that lad would be kicked out of the Mater for being too feeble.

gawa316

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on May 07, 2015, 11:14:05 PM
Quote from: Armamike on May 07, 2015, 09:51:03 PM

Source?!

The may only have been 1 ECUnique but there was always Shrewdness and the 3 brothers !!!!

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 08, 2015, 09:39:58 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 07, 2015, 11:14:05 PM
Quote from: Armamike on May 07, 2015, 09:51:03 PM

Source?!

The may only have been 1 ECUnique but there was always Shrewdness and the 3 brothers !!!!
Cousins!!

I see Rodgers saying today Sturridge won't start training until September  ::)