The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

supersub

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 02, 2014, 08:49:43 PM
I'd say you might see Czech at Anfield , start of January. I think Mignolets is finished. Trying to manufacture a  role for Gerrard, he's not a 10 or anything close to one. Not sure he should be playing much any more. A bit like Mickey Mallon circa Tir Eoghain 1986 ;)

Played arguably his best (attacking anyway) seasons in this role off the front man (Torres) - so to say he is not a 10 or anything close is ludicrous. Late break into the box to finish a breaking ball a la Lampard/Scholes/Gerrard circa 06/07/08 was good to see last night.

AZOffaly

Quote from: supersub on December 03, 2014, 11:20:45 AM
I'd say you might see Czech at Anfield , start of January. I think Mignolets is finished. Trying to manufacture a  role for Gerrard, he's not a 10 or anything close to one. Not sure he should be playing much any more. A bit like Mickey Mallon circa Tir Eoghain 1986 ;)

Played arguably his best (attacking anyway) seasons in this role off the front man (Torres) - so to say he is not a 10 or anything close is ludicrous. Late break into the box to finish a breaking ball a la Lampard/Scholes/Gerrard circa 06/07/08 was good to see last night.

I've said it since the start of this season at least. That's his position now, if he is to play. He doesn't have the legs for anywhere else, and he can influence and give tempo to the Liverpool attack, which was missing.

Orior

I think some of the criticism of the keeper is harsh. Three of the back four are too fond of the back pass to the keeper and putting him under pressure. And two of the back four cannot pass forward while under pressure. Result? Brendon needs to buy two decent centre half backs.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 03, 2014, 11:23:20 AM

I've said it since the start of this season at least. That's his position now, if he is to play. He doesn't have the legs for anywhere else, and he can influence and give tempo to the Liverpool attack, which was missing.

The thing you have to remember is the amomount of games Lampard/scholes/giggs played at the same age, 34.
They certainly didnt play every week. I would say it was more like 20 games a season and you can bet they rarely played in both the CL & PL fixtures in teh same week..
Far to much has been made of 'dropping' gerrard as if its some great slur on him as a player.
He may not be able to be the player he was playing 40-50 games a season, but he can still be a huge player for teh club playing 25.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

cadhlancian

Gerrard only really came into it in the second half. He was dire in the first half. He was certainly more involved after the CH got lined . I said he is/ was never a natural 10. He's a box to box midfielder who doesn't have the legs for that anymore. He played well last night in the last 30 mins, after they went down to 10 men, plus Leicester are dire. The bottom line is this. We have maybe one player who would currently get in Chelsea's , City's , Arsenals and Utds teams!!! Rodgers has made some brutal blunders. Reina was perfect for the way Rodgers wanted his teams to play, yet he bought Mignolet who is absolutely awful with the ball ::) To me, that one move alone blew my mind.

AZOffaly

Reina wanted to leave! What did you expect? and Gerrard scored the goal for 2-1 before the CH got 'lined'.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 03, 2014, 03:39:39 PM
Gerrard only really came into it in the second half. He was dire in the first half. He was certainly more involved after the CH got lined . I said he is/ was never a natural 10. He's a box to box midfielder who doesn't have the legs for that anymore. He played well last night in the last 30 mins, after they went down to 10 men, plus Leicester are dire. The bottom line is this. We have maybe one player who would currently get in Chelsea's , City's , Arsenals and Utds teams!!! Rodgers has made some brutal blunders. Reina was perfect for the way Rodgers wanted his teams to play, yet he bought Mignolet who is absolutely awful with the ball ::) To me, that one move alone blew my mind.
But he played some of his best ever football as a '10' behind Torres.  ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

I think I know what he means. He was never a Bergkamp, or a Cazorla, or a Mata. That type of player. I agree he wasn't. But he brought (and still can if we use him properly) a different dynamic to that area of the pitch. He can set the tempo with his passing, create and shoot. When he was in his prime he wasn't a 'no. 10' he was more than that.

Muck Savage

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 03, 2014, 11:46:12 AM

The thing you have to remember is the amomount of games Lampard/scholes/giggs played at the same age, 34
They certainly didnt play every week. I would say it was more like 20 games a season and you can bet they rarely played in both the CL & PL fixtures in teh same week..
Far to much has been made of 'dropping' gerrard as if its some great slur on him as a player.
He may not be able to be the player he was playing 40-50 games a season, but he can still be a huge player for teh club playing 25.

Giggs played 31 games in the 2007/8 season when he was 34 and won PFA player of the year two years later when he played 25 games. SG's biggest problem is he didn't get a break after the run last season, Straight into the WC and then into a new season. If he didnt have the WC he'd be fine now.

Boycey

Quote from: Muck Savage on December 03, 2014, 04:43:39 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 03, 2014, 11:46:12 AM

The thing you have to remember is the amomount of games Lampard/scholes/giggs played at the same age, 34

Giggs played 31 games in the 2007/8 season when he was 34 and won PFA player of the year two years later when he played 25 games. SG's biggest problem is he didn't get a break after the run last season, Straight into the WC and then into a new season. If he didnt have the WC he'd be fine now.

Probably fair to say that Giggs was playing in a much better team at the time

Armamike

Quote from: Orior on December 03, 2014, 11:34:19 AM
I think some of the criticism of the keeper is harsh. Three of the back four are too fond of the back pass to the keeper and putting him under pressure. And two of the back four cannot pass forward while under pressure. Result? Brendon needs to buy two decent centre half backs.

Thought the same last night - far too much back passing to the keeper and putting the team on the backfoot. Teams are pressing Liverpool high up the pitch now trying to stop the defenders playing from the back, but still it would be good to see a bit more forward movement. Midfielders like Henderson receiving the ball and knocking it straight back gets on my wick- turn and move for Christsake.
That's just, like your opinion man.

CD

Quote from: Armamike on December 03, 2014, 05:48:55 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 03, 2014, 11:34:19 AM

Thought the same last night - far too much back passing to the keeper and putting the team on the backfoot. Teams are pressing Liverpool high up the pitch now trying to stop the defenders playing from the back, but still it would be good to see a bit more forward movement. Midfielders like Henderson receiving the ball and knocking it straight back gets on my wick- turn and move for Christsake.
Mignolet is a square peg in a round hole. Rogers wants a keeper who can play football as well. He had it at Swansea with Vorm. Mingolet's confidence is now so low he is making errors he shouldn't be making. Not his fault- really good keeper, just not the right keeper for Liverpool.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

CD

Aspas scores a 4 minute hatrick in Spain! Why'd we ever let him go on loan  ;)
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!