The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Because one of them is mad and lazy, and the other is slow. A mad, slow, lazy strikeforce is not ideal :D

In all seriousness, I think it *has* to be a front two. It's just way too slow with one up top, there's no out ball for the midfielders.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 26, 2014, 10:44:57 AM
Because one of them is mad and lazy, and the other is slow. A mad, slow, lazy strikeforce is not ideal :D

In all seriousness, I think it *has* to be a front two. It's just way too slow with one up top, there's no out ball for the midfielders.

The only front 2 that is likely to be played at the minute would be lambert/Mario and Borini.  Personally I would even look at the possibility of playing Sterling maybe behind Lambert as a second striker as he has played there before.  He would offer movement and pace and may get him into the game a bit more so that he can play himself into form. I would actually go with a 4-3-1-2 at the minute with Lucas, Can and Henderson as the 3,  Gerard as the 1 and 2 up front

AZOffaly

I didn't see much of Sunday, but was Sterling not deployed as a striker with Lambert?

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 26, 2014, 10:59:16 AM
I didn't see much of Sunday, but was Sterling not deployed as a striker with Lambert?
Was just going to say that. I think he was yeah.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 26, 2014, 10:59:16 AM

I didn't see it either!!  Maybe not a great idea then!!!!

GJL

I see Grobbelaar reckons Rogers has 3 weeks to turn the thing around or he will be gone! :o

Gabriel_Hurl

How much was he paid to say that?

Captain Obvious

CD

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Orior

Quote from: GJL on November 26, 2014, 05:42:51 PM
I see Grobbelaar reckons Rogers has 3 weeks to turn the thing around or he will be gone! :o

First goal after 3 minutes?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

CD

Get in! Been poor enough too. If ever a team needed a break!

laoislad

How are they playing? I'm still working
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

CD

Quote from: laoislad on November 26, 2014, 09:18:36 PM
How are they playing? I'm still working
A wee bit more composed in the second half but still look likely to concede to be honest. Rogers doing his nut on the touch line due to bad decision making. Midfield very low in confidence and keep turning back.
We were very poor in the first half I thought! Ludogrets are far better in possession and are looking likely at the moment. Nervous!

theticklemister

CD