The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Delighted to get the win on Tuesday. I thought we were better than against Villa in that we at least created plenty of chances - Lallana had a couple that looked like certainities but the ball just didnt quite fall for him, while Lovren, Henderson and Borini all had good header chances that they also should have done better with. A few other times we'd done the hard work with opening the defence up but misplaced the final ball.

Our creative trio of Coutinho-Lallana-Sterling didnt quite click but Coutinho and Lallana both improved on Villa and they were giving it everything. Sterling was quiet and the one I was most disappointed with, but can't expect him to play well every game I suppose.

Magic finish by Mario. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

The back 4 is completely brand new, so totally expect teething problems. Disappointing that Sahko doesnt seem to be an improvement on Skrtel but Lovren is definitely a step up. Delighted with the two full backs. Moreno got a bit of stick for trying to get the second goal on Tuesday, but Gerrard and Lucas are supposed to be there to cover for him (and Sterling should have got the ball to him instead of losing it). Both Mig and Lovren were poor for the goal, but when you see the replay from behind the goal its plain to see that Lucas was fast asleep in the middle of the field when he should have been on the man who hit the final pass. Lucas was absolutely dire from the moment he came on. As usual.

Star man for me was Manquillo. And he was key to rescuing the three points. Fabulous run to win the penalty. It relied on a defender making one mistake and the keeper making two mistakes, but they wouldnt have matter had the full back not made the lung busting run in the 93rd minute which would have looked for all the world like a lost cause.

By the law of averages, Stevie is bound to miss an inportant peno soon, but byjaysis he's the only man you'd want for an injury time penalty.

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2014, 02:58:43 AM
I don't know about that. It is a relatively short sample of time that he was there, but Suarez, for me, is second behind Dalglish as the best player I've seen in a Liverpool shirt.

I know people younger than me who swear by Billy Liddell.

Billys Boots

Quote from: deiseach on September 18, 2014, 09:25:56 AM
Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2014, 02:58:43 AM
I don't know about that. It is a relatively short sample of time that he was there, but Suarez, for me, is second behind Dalglish as the best player I've seen in a Liverpool shirt.

I know people younger than me who swear by Billy Liddell.

So do I, except for the younger bit.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

supersub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2014, 02:36:43 PM
Quote from: supersub on September 17, 2014, 01:33:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2014, 10:07:28 AM
Quote from: supersub on September 17, 2014, 08:43:31 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 16, 2014, 10:15:23 PM
Won a match against a 12/1 team, was never in doubt really lol

What price were MK Dons..?

Wins a win. Should never have been in a position to drop points after the first goal so late on. A lot of new faces in who haven't got going just yet and Coutinho struggling for form. You can't expect an exact replica of last season given the changes. Given time though I think they same style will develop over the coming months. Lovren a good buy. Mario had a lot still to do for the goal. Would like to see him contribute more.

5/1 But hey don't let me ruin the party. Solid performance from a title chasing team

Haha pull the other one. Double that and we'll talk.

Wins a win though  ;)

It was, as it was away to MK Don's, not home of the 7th place team in the PL. That team last night were only formed in 2001!!

MK Dons were formed in 2004...but what has that got to do with it  ;)

Between 7&9/1 in most places, certainly not 5s! 17/2, 7/1 etc - irrelevant now but it was so.

Armamike

Quote from: under the bar on September 17, 2014, 10:52:03 PM
QuoteIt's time to stop talking about Suarez and move on. As good as he was Liverpool have lost better players in the past and managed okay.

Which players would this be then?

Quite a few.  Dalglish, Rush, Keegan, Barnes, St John, Souness, Hansen, Clemence etc etc.  All massive world class players for Liverpool.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on September 18, 2014, 12:53:12 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 17, 2014, 10:52:03 PM
QuoteIt's time to stop talking about Suarez and move on. As good as he was Liverpool have lost better players in the past and managed okay.

Which players would this be then?

Quite a few.  Dalglish, Rush, Keegan, Barnes, St John, Souness, Hansen, Clemence etc etc.  All massive world class players for Liverpool.

How many of them left after a couple of seasons?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

That wasn't the question. The question was about Liverpool being able to recover after losing great players.

cadhlancian

And not one of those players would have laced Suarezs boots. Fact.

AZOffaly

J OGorman

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 18, 2014, 03:54:30 PM

one was twice, TWICE European player of the year for starters

AZOffaly

Another scored 139 goals in 224 games before he left for Italy.

tyroneman

I agree... Suarez would have been lacing most of theirs - he was nowhere near Kenny or Keegan for starters and in fact I'm sure I remember that they actually managed to turn up and score against the top 3 teams....

Armamike

Get real.

deiseach

Boots . . . Suarez . . . there has to be a 'kick in the teeth' pun in there somewhere!

Armamike

Funnily enough LFC did exist before Saurez arrived in 2011 and have seen it all before (not the biting bit to be fair).  I could have named another handful of great footballers, playing in defence, midfield and the forwards, who retired or moved on.  Liverpool moved on and more often than not went on to better things.