The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2014, 01:52:39 PM
Good. Happy with that. Some much needed pressure for Johnson. Now if they get Moreno and Lavazzi or someone like that, I'll be happy (or happy ish, can't get too positive too quick).

ref Johnson, he was playing left back against Man U in the US. I had only noticed him on the right before, but one of my mates says Kenny played him on the left a bit as well. I can't recall that. Is it possible that BR could be looking at manquillo on the right and johnson on the left for the starting XI?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: heganboy on August 06, 2014, 04:06:22 PM
Good. Happy with that. Some much needed pressure for Johnson. Now if they get Moreno and Lavazzi or someone like that, I'll be happy (or happy ish, can't get too positive too quick).

ref Johnson, he was playing left back against Man U in the US. I had only noticed him on the right before, but one of my mates says Kenny played him on the left a bit as well. I can't recall that. Is it possible that BR could be looking at manquillo on the right and johnson on the left for the starting XI?
Johnson has played at left back quite a bit for liverpool.
The problem is, for the last 12 months or so he has been shite on both sides
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on August 06, 2014, 04:06:22 PM

This guy only played a hand full of games last season. I'd be very surprised if he goes straight into the first choice XI
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

God14

Manquillo is a strange signing. Hard to see what's in the deal for Atletico. Diego Simeone ain't stupit. I don't see Manquillo making a big impression. Hope to be proved wrong.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: God14 on August 06, 2014, 05:25:06 PM
Manquillo is a strange signing. Hard to see what's in the deal for Atletico. Diego Simeone ain't stupit. I don't see Manquillo making a big impression. Hope to be proved wrong.

He only recently turned 20. He's very young. Think he had an injury in the middle of last season as well which probably limited his opportunities there.

God14

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 06, 2014, 07:55:50 PM

He only recently turned 20. He's very young. Think he had an injury in the middle of last season as well which probably limited his opportunities there.

Turn the deal on its head. If Liverpool loaned Jordan Rossiter or Cameron Branigan to Atletico for 2 years with a £5m purchase price fixed at the end, would you be happy?

gawa316

Quote from: God14 on August 06, 2014, 08:09:52 PM

Turn the deal on its head. If Liverpool loaned Jordan Rossiter or Cameron Branigan to Atletico for 2 years with a £5m purchase price fixed at the end, would you be happy?

No would you? So Manquillo coming to us on the same deal is a yes. I'm confused you don't seem happy about this signing

heganboy

very surprised at the Falcao bid:

Liverpool have made an eye-catching attempt to bring Radamel Falcao to Anfield only to be informed the Monaco striker is destined for Real Madrid this summer.

The Colombia striker was subject to an inquiry from Liverpool several days ago as Brendan Rodgers attempts to secure a replacement for Luis Suárez. Liverpool's approach revealed the 28-year-old, who missed his country's captivating World Cup campaign with a cruciate ligament injury, is set to follow James Rodríguez out of Monaco but that a deal with European champions Real is close to being agreed. The inquiry from Liverpool has gone no further.

Falcao is keen to return to Madrid having enjoyed a successful two-year spell in the Spanish capital with Real's local rivals, La Liga champions Atlético. He left that club for a reported £50m last summer but has not settled in Monaco and suffered the knee injury that destroyed his World Cup hopes in a French cup tie in January.

Manchester City have also shown interest in the former Porto forward, with both Premier League clubs understood to be keen on a loan deal with an option for a permanent transfer. However, Falcao appears Real-bound

blewuporstuffed

You would imagine if he does go to Madrid that it would leave some of their players surplus to requirements, they would have :

Alonso
Khedira
Di Maria
Kroos
Modric
Ronaldo
Bale
Benzema
James
Isco
Jese rodriques
Falcao

to choose from for their front 6
:o
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

God14

Quote from: gawa316 on August 06, 2014, 08:21:21 PM
Quote from: God14 on August 06, 2014, 08:09:52 PM

No would you? So Manquillo coming to us on the same deal is a yes. I'm confused you don't seem happy about this signing

I just suspect he is another Antonio Nunez / Josemi type signing that will warm a bench for a few years. If Ath.Madrid rated him at all they wouldn't release him in this fashion. Hope im proved wrong, but I doubt it.

heganboy

I would take 2 from that list blewuporstuffed

supersub

Benzema probably more likely than Falcao. Doubt LFC will get either though!

Syferus

At least Liverpool are showing some ambition. They would need another landmark signing to have any real chance at the title this season.

heganboy

Cavani's agent claims he has spoken to the pool, replacing one Uruguayan with another?

laoislad

Probably won't win an Oscar but worth a watch all the same.
One Night In Istanbul - Official Trailer: http://youtu.be/F8dKDs3xNSs
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.