Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 24, 2014, 10:28:22 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 24, 2014, 10:26:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2014, 10:23:29 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 24, 2014, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 24, 2014, 09:58:41 PM
Quote from: deiseach on June 24, 2014, 08:26:37 PM
*sigh* Bloody fool. I guess he won't be going anywhere now...
Maybe maybe not it really depends on what type of a ban is coming.IMO I think the only thing this might do is knock a few million off his price tag.
If he does stay the simple fact is once he starts scoring goals again for Liverpool no one will care what happened today. I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.
Not condoning what he done or defending him but that's the reality.

This is probably true and says a lot about the fans that think this way. Madness. Even Tyson only done it once.

It was the same with Cantona. Genius and goals can make up for a multitude of sins.

At this stage I think Saurez is WAY beyond anything in recent history. He is not a genius, he is mental.

Utd banned Cantona before the FA did...

At the FA's request.

What do you think will happen him?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 24, 2014, 10:17:58 PM
Maybe maybe not it really depends on what type of a ban is coming.IMO I think the only thing this might do is knock a few million off his price tag.
If he does stay the simple fact is once he starts scoring goals again for Liverpool no one will care what happened today. I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.
A few million? I would guess at least 15. Nobody is going to pay the buy out clause of 85m for him. Barca won't touch him after this. As the years go on the bans will only get longer (he is not gonna change) nobody in their right mind would pay massive money for a player who is going to miss over a third of a season.
Pool have to either keep him, hope he keeps his bib clean for the year or flog him now to the highest
bidder.
They didn't take 40m last season, yes they got champs league but if he gets banned how long will the last in it and how much will that be worth to them? Financially they are going to be no better off for keeping him last season and here we are back again..

Nonsense. They will get at least £40 m* if they sell him tomorrow plus they have the revenue from the champions league.

*That's a conservative figure. When the self righteous shite dies down the big boys will come back in with their cheque books.

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on June 24, 2014, 10:26:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2014, 10:23:29 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 24, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

This is probably true and says a lot about the fans that think this way. Madness. Even Tyson only done it once.

It was the same with Cantona. Genius and goals can make up for a multitude of sins.

At this stage I think Saurez is WAY beyond anything in recent history. He is not a genius, he is mental.

Utd banned Cantona before the FA did...

Really? Karate kicking a fan with your studs? Stamping on opponents. Assaulting referees. They're at least comparable.

Not talking about United's response, which was appropriate and laudable. I'm talking about what fans will forgive or overlook.

And Suarez IS a genius... on the field... at least when it comes to actual football! :P

laoislad

A few million? I would guess at least 15. Nobody is going to pay the buy out clause of 85m for him. Barca won't touch him after this. As the years go on the bans will only get longer (he is not gonna change) nobody in their right mind would pay massive money for a player who is going to miss over a third of a season.
Pool have to either keep him, hope he keeps his bib clean for the year or flog him now to the highest
bidder.
They didn't take 40m last season, yes they got champs league but if he gets banned how long will the last in it and how much will that be worth to them? Financially they are going to be no better off for keeping him last season and here we are back again..
Sure look as you said they are back in the CL,they probably wouldn't have been if they sold him last year.
I think it will all depend on the length and type of ban. I still think there won't be any shortage of buyers for him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shrewdness

Cantona didn't bite or racially abuse other players.

J70

Mayo4Sam

We're pretty much guaranteed to get Juve in the CL
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rossie11

Quote from: laoislad on June 24, 2014, 10:34:30 PM
bidder.
Sure look as you said they are back in the CL,they probably wouldn't have been if they sold him last year.
I think it will all depend on the length and type of ban. I still think there won't be any shortage of buyers for him.
Pool have paid him close to 8m in wages since last summer.
If he gets banned and they get knocked out in groups the gain of keeping him
for the year isn't worth the grief in my book.

StGallsGAA

QuoteNail on the head Laoislad.  Liverpool FC is a club devoid of moral standards.  Every criminal act is forgiven so long as you can kick a ball and/or support the club.
It would be the same with any other club ffs not just Liverpool.
United fans didn't care about Keane and Cantona being knackers once they were winning league titles for them.

No comparison with Keane or Cantona.  As much as every United fan would love to have a player with Suarez's talent at the club, he would have been shown the door at United long ago.  He's become bigger than LFC and his actions have overshadowed the teams achievements by a long, long way.  Much worse Daglish claimed he was the victim rather than the perpetrator and quickly got hooked for it.  Rodgers had more sense but if he has any vision for the club, he will see that the player is overshadowing everything Rodgers is trying to achieve with his inexcusable actions.   

deiseach

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 24, 2014, 10:15:06 PM
QuoteMaybe maybe not it really depends on what type of a ban is coming.IMO I think the only thing this might do is knock a few million off his price tag.

Nail on the head Laoislad.  Liverpool FC is a club devoid of moral standards.  Every criminal act is forgiven so long as you can kick a ball and/or support the club.

Louis Van Gaal doesn't seem to be bothered by having a convicted killer in his midst.

Carmen Stateside

He will get a one year ban from international football.  He will be promised all the help he can get from Blatter and that will be it.  Fair chance he will be in the States with Liverpool on their tour now along with his English buddies. Works out well for everyone  :)
Wouldn't mind LFC going after this James Rodriguez from Colombia.  What a player.

beer baron

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 24, 2014, 10:49:40 PM
He will get a one year ban from international football.  He will be promised all the help he can get from Blatter and that will be it.  Fair chance he will be in the States with Liverpool on their tour now along with his English buddies. Works out well for everyone  :)
Wouldn't mind LFC going after this James Rodriguez from Colombia.  What a player.

Are you serious?Do you know how much he was bought for last year?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: deiseach on June 24, 2014, 10:45:27 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 24, 2014, 10:15:06 PM
QuoteMaybe maybe not it really depends on what type of a ban is coming.IMO I think the only thing this might do is knock a few million off his price tag.

Nail on the head Laoislad.  Liverpool FC is a club devoid of moral standards.  Every criminal act is forgiven so long as you can kick a ball and/or support the club.

Louis Van Gaal doesn't seem to be bothered by having a convicted killer in his midst.

There was even talk that he was going to bring him with him to United.

Capt Pat

This could be of great benefit to Liverpool. They will get to keep Suarez who  is their best player. Nobody will want to pay what he is worth. Liverpool will have dodged a bullet with this latest incident happening on international duty where the suspension will apply.

Bingo

Very surprised and disappointed with Suarez today....had him backed for first scorer and he blew it.

Raging.