The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 17, 2014, 12:48:26 AM
Sunderland still have a lot to play for. So I am still optimistic they will be motivated to take points off Chelsea at the weekend.

Tonights results are great for Liverpool especially the Sunderland result which was completely unexpected. Liverpool are clear favourites for the title now.

No more so than before last night's result. Title is as much in Chelsea's hands as it is Liverpool's

AQMP

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 17, 2014, 12:48:26 AM
Norwich still have a lot to play for. So I am still optimistic they will be motivated to take points off Liverpool at the weekend.

Tonight's results are great for Chelsea especially the Sunderland result which was completely unexpected. Chelsea are clear favourites for the title now.

Fixed that for you.

Under Lights

With the position they are in, with the teams they have left to play, with the form they are in- if Liverpool throw this away it will be as big of implosion as the time Newcastle did IMO.
I'm not having this whole underdog tag that Liverpool fans are protesting. The team in front are clearly the favourites at this stage. They have played the best football all year, probably the best attacking team in the PL era???
Anything than winning the title now will be an uber f**k up in my eyes.

The whole tide has turned in regards to Liverpool, and the style and class they are playing with the media love them, and rightly so as well as the whole sympathy towards JFT96 and Gerards/BR passionate speeches have made Liverpool the media darlings of England. The whole joint player of the month thing last month ridiculous. Martinez of Everton had won all his games in March too, why was he not joint manager of the month with BR? Cringy stuff.

They are getting decisions now they wouldn't have got last season. Suarez on a yellow at the weekend and preformed probably his worse dive in years- not only did the ref not give him his second yellow but there wasn't even a mention of it in the papers the next day.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Under Lights on April 17, 2014, 08:43:19 AM
With the position they are in, with the teams they have left to play, with the form they are in- if Liverpool throw this away it will be as big of implosion as the time Newcastle did IMO.
I'm not having this whole underdog tag that Liverpool fans are protesting. The team in front are clearly the favourites at this stage. They have played the best football all year, probably the best attacking team in the PL era???

The whole tide has turned in regards to Liverpool, and the style and class they are playing with the media love them, and rightly so as well as the whole sympathy towards JFT96 and Gerards/BR passionate speeches have made Liverpool the media darlings of England. The whole joint player of the month thing last month ridiculous. Martinez of Everton had won all his games in March too, why was he not joint manager of the month with BR? Cringy stuff.

They are getting decisions now they wouldn't have got last season. Suarez on a yellow at the weekend and preformed probably his worse dive in years- not only did the ref not give him his second yellow but there wasn't even a mention of it in the papers the next day.

Are you sure about that...Man U were 8 points clear with 5 games to go in 2011 and lost to Citeh on goal difference - now that is an implosion. Spurs several times have been well clear of the gooners with games to go (albeit in a fight for 4th) and blew it so cant fathom how you think a 2 point lead would be a bigger f**k up than these examples.

Everton were unbeaten in March - you are 100% correct and Martinez possibly deserved to get joint manager of the month but it much easier to win when you are chasing with no pressure (ala Everton) than it is to win when at the top and all the pressure.

How are the Tyrone reserve leagues going..... ;)

laoislad

Top 4 finish nearly secure now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J OGorman

stop playing mind games from Brendan and the boys! Dont underestimate your influence on proceedings

hard to believe that Liverpool are favourites to win the league, incredible turnaround. Would be some party over through if they managed to land it. Though I'm not as much into the soccer ball as I was, I will hit the stout for an evening if it happens :-) CAM AN TE FCUK the Reds

deiseach

Have you heard of this thing called 'Google'? It's great for dealing with fantasists.

QuoteThey will also harbour legitimate grievances about a penalty appeal in each half and the referee, Mark Clattenburg's, failure to show Luis Suárez a second yellow card. Jordan Henderson was sent off in stoppage time for a studs-up lunge on Samir Nasri but Suárez, already booked, should have gone for a blatant dive. [Guardian]

QuotePellegrini declined the opportunity to talk about Suarez although he might have wondered how the striker escaped a second booking; not least for a blatant dive designed to incriminate Martin Demichelis. [Independent]

QuoteAnd so this became one of the classic Premier League games, full of attacking and occasional controversy, not least when Suárez dived in close proximity to Demichelis, enraging City, who were expecting a second yellow card for Suárez. None arrived. [Telegraph]

EC Unique

Quote from: Sidney on April 17, 2014, 07:42:04 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 16, 2014, 10:19:12 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 16, 2014, 10:11:59 PM
I would say its like anything, they have become a bit spoilt with the success.

Hard to question City's fans when they had 30,000 in League 1 not that many years ago.

They have only won one league. Hardly spoiled?
Manchester United fan believes football began in 1992 shocker.

Wise up FFS. You know rightly what I mean.

Under Lights

Quote from: deiseach on April 17, 2014, 09:16:26 AM

Have you heard of this thing called 'Google'? It's great for dealing with fantasists.

QuoteThey will also harbour legitimate grievances about a penalty appeal in each half and the referee, Mark Clattenburg's, failure to show Luis Suárez a second yellow card. Jordan Henderson was sent off in stoppage time for a studs-up lunge on Samir Nasri but Suárez, already booked, should have gone for a blatant dive. [Guardian]

QuotePellegrini declined the opportunity to talk about Suarez although he might have wondered how the striker escaped a second booking; not least for a blatant dive designed to incriminate Martin Demichelis. [Independent]

QuoteAnd so this became one of the classic Premier League games, full of attacking and occasional controversy, not least when Suárez dived in close proximity to Demichelis, enraging City, who were expecting a second yellow card for Suárez. None arrived. [Telegraph]

Not a single mention in the media.
;D
Getting away with it.

I hope they win the league. I really do. I don't even follow a premier league team but I would always want the most stylish team to win the league- the best team to watch- although Chelsea are effective in what they do a lot of times they are a hard watch.
But my point is that a lot Liverpool fans are still saying things like they are happy with qualification to the Champions League- dare to dream FFS.

Under Lights

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 17, 2014, 08:58:59 AM

Are you sure about that...Man U were 8 points clear with 5 games to go in 2011 and lost to Citeh on goal difference - now that is an implosion. Spurs several times have been well clear of the gooners with games to go (albeit in a fight for 4th) and blew it so cant fathom how you think a 2 point lead would be a bigger f**k up than these examples.

Everton were unbeaten in March - you are 100% correct and Martinez possibly deserved to get joint manager of the month but it much easier to win when you are chasing with no pressure (ala Everton) than it is to win when at the top and all the pressure.

How are the Tyrone reserve leagues going..... ;)

Bad need of a revamp. I'm currently in and around the senior team but a lot of times playing half for reserves and coming off to be held for senior game. Not ideal. I usually be starving.

What about the blisters lad?

haranguerer

Quote from: deiseach on April 17, 2014, 09:16:26 AM

AND IT WASN'T EVEN A  DIVE FFS!!!

MOTD2 dealt with it, showed slowmos, highlighted the contact, and all agreed he didnt dive

Black Card

Catch yourself on, ffs he's a grown man and went down like he was shot, it's a wonder he's ever on his feet as with that much contact a blade of grass must be able to bring him down!

deiseach

Quote from: Under Lights on April 17, 2014, 09:43:24 AM
I hope they win the league. I really do. I don't even follow a premier league team but I would always want the most stylish team to win the league- the best team to watch- although Chelsea are effective in what they do a lot of times they are a hard watch.
But my point is that a lot Liverpool fans are still saying things like they are happy with qualification to the Champions League- dare to dream FFS.

If that was your point, why make up stuff which has nothing to do with your supposed point? And besides, the idea that Liverpool failing to win the title would involve a collapse of Newcastle proportions is clearly bullshit. Liverpool need ten points from their last four games to be certain of winning the league. Any caution on the part of Liverpool supporters is perfectly reasonable, and to say otherwise is blatant trolling.

johnneycool

Ah, its in the bag now, Suarez will get his regular hat-trick against Norwich and then a draw with Chelsea will see you reds home and hosed.