The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: neilthemac on April 07, 2014, 10:45:44 AM
Still though. 12 penos.
Twice as many as the next team -Chelsea

Unreal isn't it, Suarez with 29 Premier League goals too, 11 clear of any other Non Liverpool player - imagine if they weren't such an attacking threat  ::)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 07, 2014, 09:09:55 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2014, 08:28:23 AM
Quote from: neilthemac on April 07, 2014, 06:05:41 AM
So that's 12 penalties for the pool this season.

Since Rogers kicked up a stink they've been getting a lot of favourable treatment

You are sounding like the Mancs on the redcafe.com forum in their many many currently active Liverpool obsessed threads, one of the dozen or so such threads is about Liverpool penalties. The threads are a pleasure to read as as a collective they admit Liverpools class but cannot handle it and have all become City supporters lol

So the Mancs are obsessed with Liverpool fans....

And you know this because you have been reading redcafe  :o

Haha, I look over opposition forums when we about to play the top 7 or 8 clubs. Last game against Utd. I could not believe their fans fall to a Mad Max state of post apocalyptic despair. Then I noticed all the Liverpool obsessed threads and have gone back to see from time to time as the threads grow and multiply, it is a beautiful sight.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 07, 2014, 10:39:00 AM
Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on April 07, 2014, 10:32:30 AM
Quote from: Jonah on April 07, 2014, 10:18:53 AM
Quote from: neilthemac on April 07, 2014, 06:05:41 AM
So that's 12 penalties for the pool this season.

Since Rogers kicked up a stink they've been getting a lot of favourable treatment
Both of them were clear penalties yesterday I don't understand how anyone thinks otherwise.
The goalkeeper grabbed the Liverpool players leg and pulled him down . It's a peno all day long imo.
[/b]

+1

I have to say, when i seen it first i didnt think it was a penalty, but after several views of it from different angles, im not so sure, i think he did foul him.
The Keeper certainly got a touch on the ball, but he then when on to pull Flanagan down.
To be fair to teh referee, its a very hard call to amek and im still not sure if it was a penalty or not. After the blunder he amde for west hams goal, i think he was always going to lean towards liverpool when making a tight call like that.

I thought big sams criticism of flanagan though was very unfair, certainly wasn't a dive i dont think.
My first reaction was that it was a soft peno but like you after seeing it again it isn't as soft as I first thought.
He does touch the ball but the ball doesn't change direction and he does indeed pull Flanagan down.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Denn Forever

The goalkeeper got the ball first.  But he just seemed help it on its way (no change in trajectory).  He then took him down.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Second one was never a peno, and in fairness to Flanagan he played on, tried to kick the ball in on the ground.  But there are not that many of Liverpool's penos that have been dodgy. Sturridge v Man United, but that one didn't really matter at the time I suppose. When you have the ball in the opponent's penalty area so much, especially on quick breaks or one on ones, you're always likely to get a fair few penos.

Suarez one v one is a nightmare for a defender in the box.

On to the game itself, that was definitely one of those where you are happy to take the 3 points and go home. It wasn't 'nervy' as such as they dealt fairly handily with West Ham in an attacking sense, but it was definitely frustrating. It didn't help that Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge were decidedly off colour.

I thought Gerrard was fantastic though. He's absolutely revelling in that role, especially when Liverpool are dominant. Next week will tell a tale because Man City will be very lively in and around that area, and Yaya Toure is having a season to remember himself.

It will be very difficult to beat them, but if the front 3 are on form, and Man City come at Liverpool , it might suit Liverpool from a counter attacking sense.

mackers

I thought big sams criticism of flanagan though was very unfair, certainly wasn't a dive i dont think.
Alderdyce was, is and always will be a d1ck of the highest order.  Cheap shot at Flanagan.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mackers on April 07, 2014, 10:59:20 AM
Alderdyce was, is and always will be a d1ck of the highest order.  Cheap shot at Flanagan.

Never a dive, sure the lad even tried to play on sitting on his arse. He was a dick when he managed Limerick, and he's still a dick, except a few stone heavier.

el_cuervo_fc

Would there perhaps be a correlation between the amount of penalties given and the ferocity of Liverpools attacking line this season?

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 07, 2014, 11:02:25 AM
Quote from: mackers on April 07, 2014, 10:59:20 AM

Never a dive, sure the lad even tried to play on sitting on his arse. He was a dick when he managed Limerick, and he's still a dick, except a few stone heavier.

He was a dick when he was a player too, so he's consistent. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 07, 2014, 11:04:55 AM
Would there perhaps be a correlation between the amount of penalties given and the ferocity of Liverpools attacking line this season?
When United went through a spell of getting own goals in their favour every other week we were told that was the reason. So yeah I think it would be fair to say the same applies to Liverpool right now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Best to forget about Big Sam and his limited tactics and childish attempts at mind games. Liverpool got what they wanted and deserved. Can't see him lasting at West Ham much longer. They'll have a big stadium to fill in a short while and he'll not attract too many to it.

As for Liverpool, credit to Rodgers once again for a change of tactics/shape mid game. I was fearful when I seen Lucas coming in and assumed he'd take the Gerard role and let Gerard further forward. But Lucas slotted in well and his through ball for the peno was top class (and unexpected). Liverpool dominated the second half, they struggled to create up to the peno but the pressure was telling on west ham and they looked dead on their feet after 60mins.

All or nothing on Sunday, we've talked about big games all season but is the mother and father of all games. Everything at stake. Beat City and its a huge statement and changes everything. City win and all the momentum swings to them and they'll surely see it out.

To win the league we have to win. A draw might still leave the door open but a win really hammers home an advantage.

Will be interesting to see how Rodgers will see it. Will he go for the 433 with Coutinho and Sterling starting as he has favoured in the big home games or will he go 442 with Sterling at the tip and Lucas/Allen on the field to try and limit the City full backs, who they use a lot.

Which ever he uses, he can change it quite easily and isn't afraid to.

Its going to be massive. Anfield will be rocking.

Hereiam

There is no doubt it all comes down to 90 minutes this Sunday. I can't wait it will be some game.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: laoislad on April 07, 2014, 11:13:28 AM
When United went through a spell of getting own goals in their favour every other week we were told that was the reason. So yeah I think it would be fair to say the same applies to Liverpool right now.

West Ham gotta be the next big money club, in debt for takeover, big new and iconic stadium, London based and marketable as "the Hammers". They even got an iconic anthem. They have a European pedigree, winning the Cup Winners Cup. They have had iconic players like Bobby Moore and Geoff Hurst.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Bingo

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2014, 11:45:05 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 07, 2014, 11:13:28 AM

West Ham gotta be the next big money club, in debt for takeover, big new and iconic stadium, London based and marketable as "the Hammers". They even go an iconic anthem.

The owners are banking on this. Like City but London based. Thought I seen something about part of the deal to get the Olympic stadium was some ownership clause that ensured the owners didn't exclusively benefit from change of ownership with the stadium been part of that?

J OGorman

The City game due to clash with the first league semi on Sunday. Dublin will no doubt be the headline act, will be some stampede to the Hill after the Reds match