The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I like to see him back on the scoring trail mind you. Still good to see the likes of Sterling and Henderson chipping in to support Sturridge. You need that. Suarez probably has some amount of assists mind you. I think he got 2 yesterday. Sturridge's header, and the shot which was blocked into Henderson for the 4th.

EC Unique

Quote from: laoislad on February 24, 2014, 09:16:56 AM
That's 5 games now without a goal from Suarez.
5 games in which Liverpool have scored 14 goals.
Liverpool are a one man team they said.... If Suarez loses form Liverpool are fecked they said...

Has he assisted/created many of the 14?

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 24, 2014, 09:31:34 AM
I like to see him back on the scoring trail mind you. Still good to see the likes of Sterling and Henderson chipping in to support Sturridge. You need that. Suarez probably has some amount of assists mind you. I think he got 2 yesterday. Sturridge's header, and the shot which was blocked into Henderson for the 4th.
Ah yeah I'm not saying we don't need him or anything!
Great that goals are coming from elsewhere all the same.

Suarez will find his goal scoring form soon enough and some poor club will be on the end of a battering.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on February 24, 2014, 09:33:06 AM
Liverpool are a one man team they said.... If Suarez loses form Liverpool are fecked they said...

He is joint top of the assists table on 9 with gerarrd & rooney i think.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 24, 2014, 09:49:11 AM

He is joint top of the assists table on 9 with gerarrd & rooney i think.

to be honest i am kind of hoping that Sturridge keeps banging them in and suarez keeps up the assists!
i have Sturridge back for top goalscorer from the start of the season  @22/1
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Of the last 14 goals scored he has 4 assists and was fouled for 2 of the penalties that Gerard scored.  He has been playing well  and has been within inches os scoring 'goal of the year'  contenders a  number of times (twice against Arsenal with the volley and the ridiculous free kick).  He is fustrated at the minute but to have a strike partnership that has over 40 goals between them in the league with 11 games to go is pretty special.   They will not win the league but they will not be far off it.

Jonah

Liverpool are far from a one man team. It amused me when I saw some suggest that on here.
Suarez is very important all the same and I agree when he does start scoring again someone is gonna pay for it!

As far as I'm concerned the Top 4 ATM will be the top 4 at the end of the season but with them clubs changing places.
I think City will win it and I think Liverpool will finish 2nd and Chelsea 3rd and Gunners in 4th.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on February 24, 2014, 09:38:59 AM

Suarez will find his goal scoring form soon enough and some poor club will be on the end of a battering.

Have they Norwich any day soon, he scores well against the lesser clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2014, 10:27:58 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 24, 2014, 09:38:59 AM

Have they Norwich any day soon, he scores well against the lesser clubs

they have United coming up....
;)

AZOffaly

This is from F365.

QuoteLiverpool were at their best and worst in the 4-3 win over Swansea on Sunday, with their irresistable form going forward - two goals apiece for Jordan Henderson and Daniel Sturridge took their goal-tally this season to 70 in the league - matched by worrying defensive frailties.

Rodgers accepts that the Merseysiders must learn to be tighter but pledged not to curb their free-flowing nature in the process.

"I think that's not our style," he said. "I worry always to play good football. I'm not totally satisfied with always grinding out results.

"Up to now we've got away with it. But at times we concede poor goals - it is mistakes or decision making that's costing us.

"It was an important win for us," he told Sky Sports. "We certainly weren't at our best today but the offensive part of our game, which is very strong, came out on top again.

"Swansea played really, really well. Especially when we were 2-0 up to get back into the game.

"But it's an outstanding result for us and the game typified the character of this team. We'll analyse where we can be better and certainly as a team defensively, we can be 100 per cent better.

"But part of that, you give credit to Swansea. They had some moments of real quality. We showed our strengths. We're a great team on the offence and we scored some brilliant goals today."

Sturridge became the first Premier League player to find the net in eight consecutive games since Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Rodgers was full of praise for the striker.

"He's a terrific finisher. It was a great pass for the first goal by young Raheem," he said.

"It got us off to a great start, we're very strong at home and when we get that early goal, it gives us the confidence.

"It was an excellent cross by Luis for his second and it was a good header. Dan has been working on his heading and he's picked him out really well, Luis."

Rodgers also applauded the display of Henderson as the midfielder doubled his tally for the season in one afternoon.

"There's Jordan Henderson with his two as well. We've asked him to get forward more, get into the box," he said.

"His first one was an outstanding finish and his second was about his desire to get into the box.

"That was a very, very important goal for us. Without being at our best, which we've been in a lot of games, today we had to show a different side and the side was very pleasing.

"He was outstanding. But there's been improvements in a lot of our players. The likes of young Raheem and even Steven Gerrard wants to improve at his age.

"As a team, we're improving all the time. We've still got a way to go to where I want us to be, but we've seen progression over the last 18 months or so and we need to stay focused on getting better and improving our performance now."

However, Rodgers was left bemused by the decision to award Swansea a penalty just minutes into the second-half as Bony went down under the close watch of Skrtel inside the area.

"The penalty's really, really soft. I'm not sure what he's seen. Bony's going into the box, you've seen from today he's a big strong guy," he said.

"He's going in with Martin Skrtel and they've just touched each other but there was no way that was a penalty. That obviously gets them back into the game."

The result only enhanced Liverpool's title chances, as they moved within four points of the top spot, and Rodgers admitted there was an added pressure to claim the victory after rivals Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal had all won the day before.

"There's always that little bit when you play later on and everyone else wins," he said.

"So we knew we had to win today. It was a terrific win for us today."

2 things struck me about this, 1 good, 1 bad. The bad is that I'm surprised that Rodgers seems to equate decent defending with somehow betraying his attacking principles. It's not mutually exclusive, and I'd be afraid that he's sort of shrugging his shoulders at the defending and doing an Ossie Ardiles on this. You score 4, we score 5. That's not sustainable.

The good thing is the bit in bold at the end. Given that Everton lost, and Spurs had yet to play, it appears that Rodgers' "everyone" is everyone above him. That's a good indicator of where his mind is. Looking up trying to catch them, rather than looking down trying to stay ahead of Spurs, United and Everton.

johnneycool

Liverpool have a minimum of 4th on the bag, they really should be looking upwards now to catch Arsenal or one of the other two who've shown weaknesses in recent weeks as well..

supersub

Quote from: johnneycool on February 24, 2014, 11:02:35 AM
Liverpool have a minimum of 4th on the bag, they really should be looking upwards now to catch Arsenal or one of the other two who've shown weaknesses in recent weeks as well..

They are

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: supersub on February 24, 2014, 11:04:30 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 24, 2014, 11:02:35 AM

They are

Hopefully by the time city & chelsea come to anfield, theya re still in the title race. could make for two massive games

laoislad

Not looking forward to Southampton game at all at all.
I can see us being beaten. 2-1 to Southampton.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Suárez to rediscover his scoring form and inspire Liverpool to a win at St Mary's stadium.