The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Liverpool at 8/1 is some value, and with the bigger teams to come to Anfield to it's worth a few bob, even each way will give you a good return
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

In my opinion Liverpool are not going to win the title. No matter what Mourinho says. I will refuse to believe that's going to happen until they are 4 points clear with one game left.

However, it certainly not impossible, and the fact that it's even a matter of conjecture is great.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2014, 10:38:30 AM
In my opinion Liverpool are not going to win the title. No matter what Mourinho says. I will refuse to believe that's going to happen until they are 4 points clear with one game left.

However, it certainly not impossible, and the fact that it's even a matter of conjecture is great.

They might not, but the value of 8/1 is very good considering games left and wher they are at. The each way bet probably best. Cut out the draws and they will get close to Utd's league titles :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Its Gerrards leadership qualities that make him so indispensable, luckily hes also an intelligent quality footballer, so you'll never be carrying him.

Hes definitely a long term option at centre back, as Rodgers said.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2014, 10:35:57 AM
Liverpool at 8/1 is some value, and with the bigger teams to come to Anfield to it's worth a few bob, even each way will give you a good return

No point in wasting money on EW bet when they'll only pay out on 2. You might as well go for the win as nothing.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2014, 10:38:30 AM

I'm not a demanding type so I'd settle for being one point clear with zero games left.

Bingo

Quote from: haranguerer on February 14, 2014, 10:45:05 AM
Its Gerrards leadership qualities that make him so indispensable, luckily hes also an intelligent quality footballer, so you'll never be carrying him.

Hes definitely a long term option at centre back, as Rodgers said.

At his age, I don't think he has a long term future in any position, particularly a new one and in terms of developing a team, you are better with a younger player in that role who will anchor the defence for years.

EC Unique

It is possible that the 'big' teams will come to Anfield and win you know!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on February 14, 2014, 11:00:39 AM

of course its possible.
But if liverpool continue their current form and can beat another two main contenders at home, then they have a hell of shot at the title.
They have only lost once at home this season.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

johnneycool

The blood is starting to tingle in red scousers, even though they have doubts there's a real feeling that maybe, just maybe this is the year and Stevie G, Suarez and co could land the big one..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 14, 2014, 11:25:33 AM
The blood is starting to tingle in red scousers, even though they have doubts there's a real feeling that maybe, just maybe this is the year and Stevie G, Suarez and co could land the big one..

This is different, while the squad is still thin they have managed (for most parts) to be lucky with injuries, probably good training management and better attitudes towards rest and rehabilitation. If not win the league this year they will certainly go into next years race with a better hand and more experience of staying in the top four, can onlt be good for EPL as it will generate a lot of interest if Liverpool have a chance on the last couple of weeks

deiseach

Dave Usher puts it very well at the start of his match report - when Gerrard was waiting to take the penalty, no one would have been thinking "if he misses this it damages our chances of finishing fourth".

Mikhailov

Quote from: EC Unique on February 14, 2014, 11:00:39 AM

EC, yea that is a good point you make - 'big' teams can win at Anfield.

Some 'little' teams winning at Old Trafford these days.

Get your own house in order before you start organising ours.....

J OGorman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2014, 11:31:22 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 14, 2014, 11:25:33 AM

This is different, while the squad is still thin they have managed (for most parts) to be lucky with injuries, probably good training management and better attitudes towards rest and rehabilitation. If not win the league this year they will certainly go into next years race with a better hand and more experience of staying in the top four, can onlt be good for EPL as it will generate a lot of interest if Liverpool have a chance on the last couple of weeks

Would be an incredible achievement for BR to steer Liverpool to the title this year. If the team stay relatively injury free, 3rd place is very doable. Chelsea and City have just too much purchasing power for the competition. Thats the reality. Arsenal will fall off the top 2 in the coming weeks I'd say. Its whether Liverpool can keep her lit and pip them for 3rd

deiseach

If we're playing the long game, should Liverpool aim to lose at Old Trafford and deflect suspicion from Agent Moyes?