The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: CD on November 05, 2013, 08:14:35 AM
The whole 'back three' thing has been forced on Rogers as a way of accommodating players. It is a bit worrying that he has compromised a system of play that he has spent 16 months developing by changing formation when things are going well. I believe he prefers one player up front - Suarez - just like he did at Swansea and right up until Suarez returned. Sturridge's form has been so good that BR can't drop him and so he has changed the formation elsewhere - it's amazing that his excellent form has potentially been detrimental to the overall team performance. Liverpool look better with 3 players supporting a front man. Playing a back three against Arsenal's 1 striker just doesn't make sense to me - if Johnson and Enriqe were fit, maybe the formation would be different.

That said, I've been really pleased by the start to the season. Cissoko has looked a bit ropy but him aside the back 4/5 have done well and I have no doubt that players like Allen, Sterling, Agger and Moses will have an impact on the team during the hectic few months ahead.

True he changed to a back three and two up top to fit in his best players, and why not, you need players in form and it has worked a charm, we are joint second in the league with our two strikers joint top and joint 2nd in the goal scoring charts respectively - the latter only played half the games. He has changed to a back three because of the defensive options open to him as well which I am quite sure he was aware was going to happen when he was signing these players. He didn't just sign them and then say how will I fit them in, obviously he wanted them in for a reason. With Agger, Skrtel, Sahko, Toure, Cissoko, Enrique, Johnson all arguably starters and not being happy if not so, he was always going to have to tweak the formation a bit with the defensive signings. This is before you take into consideration Flanagan, Kelly, Wisdom (now on loan), Llori. Anyway we lost one game away to the team top of the table, playing CL football and in great form, not exactly panic stations for us. Happy enough with the way things are going in general, hopefully Suarez and Sturridge keep firing them in and creating chances for each other showing that 2 up top is as good a system as any.

Keyser soze

Quote from: supersub on November 05, 2013, 10:09:04 AM
The whole 'back three' thing has been forced on Rogers as a way of accommodating players. It is a bit worrying that he has compromised a system of play that he has spent 16 months developing by changing formation when things are going well. I believe he prefers one player up front - Suarez - just like he did at Swansea and right up until Suarez returned. Sturridge's form has been so good that BR can't drop him and so he has changed the formation elsewhere - it's amazing that his excellent form has potentially been detrimental to the overall team performance. Liverpool look better with 3 players supporting a front man. Playing a back three against Arsenal's 1 striker just doesn't make sense to me - if Johnson and Enriqe were fit, maybe the formation would be different.

That said, I've been really pleased by the start to the season. Cissoko has looked a bit ropy but him aside the back 4/5 have done well and I have no doubt that players like Allen, Sterling, Agger and Moses will have an impact on the team during the hectic few months ahead.

True he changed to a back three and two up top to fit in his best players, and why not, you need players in form and it has worked a charm, we are joint second in the league with our two strikers joint top and joint 2nd in the goal scoring charts respectively - the latter only played half the games. He has changed to a back three because of the defensive options open to him as well which I am quite sure he was aware was going to happen when he was signing these players. He didn't just sign them and then say how will I fit them in, obviously he wanted them in for a reason. With Agger, Skrtel, Sahko, Toure, Cissoko, Enrique, Johnson all arguably starters and not being happy if not so, he was always going to have to tweak the formation a bit with the defensive signings. This is before you take into consideration Flanagan, Kelly, Wisdom (now on loan), Llori. Anyway we lost one game away to the team top of the table, playing CL football and in great form, not exactly panic stations for us. Happy enough with the way things are going in general, hopefully Suarez and Sturridge keep firing them in and creating chances for each other showing that 2 up top is as good a system as any.

Maybe you should rethink that one.  :)

supersub

Quote from: Keyser soze on November 05, 2013, 11:08:41 AM

Why is that?

1    Sergio Agüero   Manchester City    8
1    Daniel Sturridge   Liverpool    8
2    Aaron Ramsey   Arsenal    6
2    Loïc Remy   Newcastle United    6
2    Luis Suárez   Liverpool    6
2    Robin van Persie   Manchester United    6

muppet

Quote from: supersub on November 05, 2013, 12:27:54 PM

Why is that?

1       Sergio Agüero   Manchester City    8

or

1 Agüero
1 Sturridge
3 Ramsey
3 Remy
3 Luis Suárez
3 RVP
MWWSI 2017

supersub

Quote from: muppet on November 05, 2013, 12:30:11 PM

Why is that?

1       Sergio Agüero   Manchester City    8

or

1 Agüero
1 Sturridge
3 Ramsey
3 Remy
3 Luis Suárez
3 RVP

Joint 2nd as I said. That graphic I posted is taken from the BBC sport website and they say different to you  ;)

It is immaterial anyway my point is they have scored the first and second most goals.

Walter Cronc

Why is that?

Be interesting to see a break down of Sturridges goals against the "lesser" and "top" sides!!

Keyser soze

Why is that?

Well if someone can be second with 2 poeple in front of them fair enough. It's no biggie.  :D

supersub

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 05, 2013, 12:32:52 PM

Why is that?

Be interesting to see a break down of Sturridges goals against the "lesser" and "top" sides!!

Getting really picky now aren't we. Can only score against who is put in front of you mate as far as this season is concerned. So far overall he has two in three games against Utd off the top of my head, are they a 'top team'? He has also scored against City and Chelsea. Scored the winning or only goal of a game 5 times.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: supersub on November 05, 2013, 12:40:14 PM

Why is that?

Getting really picky now aren't we. Only score against who is put in front of you mate. So far he has two in three games against Utd off the top of my head, are they a 'top team'? He has also score against City and Chelsea. Scored the winning or only goal of a game 5 times. Anything else?

I was only opening a debate 'mate'.... no need to get all annoyed.

supersub

Quote from: Keyser soze on November 05, 2013, 12:36:00 PM

Why is that?

Well if someone can be second with 2 poeple in front of them fair enough. It's no biggie:D

I know, it really isn't!

supersub

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 05, 2013, 12:43:51 PM
Quote from: supersub on November 05, 2013, 12:40:14 PM

Why is that?

Getting really picky now aren't we. Only score against who is put in front of you mate. So far he has two in three games against Utd off the top of my head, are they a 'top team'? He has also score against City and Chelsea. Scored the winning or only goal of a game 5 times. Anything else?

I was only opening a debate 'mate'.... no need to get all annoyed.

And I was only responding to it as you were interested in finding out. Not annoyed at all.

Keyser soze

Quote from: supersub on November 05, 2013, 12:44:14 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on November 05, 2013, 12:36:00 PM

Why is that?

Well if someone can be second with 2 poeple in front of them fair enough. It's no biggie:D

I know, it really isn't!

Had a wee look at the BBC website and they do indeed provide a listing the same as yours, but without the rankings which you have obviously added.

When I said 'no biggie' I meant it was no biggie that you got it so wrong like. 

muppet

Quote from: supersub on November 05, 2013, 12:31:42 PM
or

1 Agüero
1 Sturridge
3 Ramsey
3 Remy
3 Luis Suárez
3 RVP

Joint 2nd as I said. That graphic I posted is taken from the BBC sport website and they say different to you  ;)

It is immaterial anyway my point is they have scored the first and second most goals.

Tell you what, let's say you have a golden boot, a silver boot and a bronze boot to award.

If the above list was final how would you award the prizes?  ;D
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

Supersub why do u reply to those two trolls.
If United doing badly has one upside its keeping the brainless masses quiet
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Keyser soze

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 05, 2013, 01:49:10 PM
Supersub why do u reply to those two trolls.
If United doing badly has one upside its keeping the brainless masses quiet

Sure whats it till u?