The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

QuoteLiverpool, no matter how indifferent a team, believe in victory on such occasions. Everton, regardless of their own form, do not. They have not won a Merseyside derby in which Liverpool have equalised since 1931, a damning sequence of 21 games

:D

laoislad

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 16, 2012, 10:33:55 AM
Quote from: Bingo on April 16, 2012, 09:50:42 AM
Mightn't see as much of EC during the week, back to School after the Easter holidays.

I don't see his posts anymore.

Nor do I.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on April 16, 2012, 05:28:16 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 16, 2012, 10:33:55 AM
Mightn't see as much of EC during the week, back to School after the Easter holidays.

I don't see his posts anymore.

Nor do I.
I may have a look at this option methinks.

onefaircounty

EC isn't too bad lads, to be fair. Just having a bit of banter, most times.

Sheedy

Saturdays game. Great win even without setting the world on fire. Pretty much sums up Everton and I'm sorry, but I just don't get the hype about Moyles. Very average in my eyes and always has been. Doesn't have the big game mentality that great managers need, Everton very average on Saturday and rarely troubled Jones. Talk of Moyles to United is laughable. Every now and again he gets a big game out of Everton but its more through huff and puff than tactically taking on a team. Sure he has his hands largely tied at Everton but to me they have a solid squad and should be offering more in a cup semi final. He is a good manager but not the God some make him out to be.

Liverpool played like a team in fear in the first half, when they realised they had nothing to worry about in second they were much better. Still lacking the creativity and spark. Wasn't happy to see Carra starting and Agger on the left but got away with it. Big Andy got his goal but he had a shocking miss just after halftime, but fair play he stuck at it. Suraez took his goal very well, they the type he has missed on regular basis.

Onwards to Wembley again. Will have a far tougher game in the final against an inform Chelsea team but who will face a tougher schedule that us before it. Might count. Important the team play for places and pick up some wins in the meantime.
who is this 'moyles' you talk of? if your going to slag him of at least get his name right. funny how after 1 result everything is rosy again. as for andy carroll if your going to pay 35million then you'd expect him 'to stick at it'.
nil satis nisi optimum

norabeag

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 16, 2012, 06:36:27 PM

Saturdays game. Great win even without setting the world on fire. Pretty much sums up Everton and I'm sorry, but I just don't get the hype about Moyles. Very average in my eyes and always has been. Doesn't have the big game mentality that great managers need, Everton very average on Saturday and rarely troubled Jones. Talk of Moyles to United is laughable. Every now and again he gets a big game out of Everton but its more through huff and puff than tactically taking on a team. Sure he has his hands largely tied at Everton but to me they have a solid squad and should be offering more in a cup semi final. He is a good manager but not the God some make him out to be.

Liverpool played like a team in fear in the first half, when they realised they had nothing to worry about in second they were much better. Still lacking the creativity and spark. Wasn't happy to see Carra starting and Agger on the left but got away with it. Big Andy got his goal but he had a shocking miss just after halftime, but fair play he stuck at it. Suraez took his goal very well, they the type he has missed on regular basis.

Onwards to Wembley again. Will have a far tougher game in the final against an inform Chelsea team but who will face a tougher schedule that us before it. Might count. Important the team play for places and pick up some wins in the meantime.
who is this 'moyles' you talk of? if your going to slag him of at least get his name right. funny how after 1 result everything is rosy again. as for andy carroll if your going to pay 35million then you'd expect him 'to stick at it'.
According to Moyles he is staying with Radio 1 irrespective of what United offer ;)

under the bar

Johan Cruyff ridicules Liverpool link and suffers ill-health as a result

Johan Cruyff has been admitted to hospital to have his sides re-stitched after splitting them laughing uncontrollably at speculation linking him with the vacant director of football role at Liverpool.  The Dutchman had been touted as a possible replacement for recently-sacked director of football Damien Comolli but went into hysterics at suggestions he is set to join the Reds

The Ajax, Barcelona and Netherlands legend has reportedly been targeted by the Reds hierarchy as a replacement for Damien Comolli, who left the club last week.

However, in his column for Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, Cruyff, who recently left his role on the board of directors at Ajax, quelled rumours of a move.

"I see my name is being mentioned in connection with Liverpool.   Why the fveck would I want to join that shower of shite" he wrote, before suffering a serious bellyache injury.

"I don't know where that has come from because I have not heard anything from them. There has been no contact whatsoever and long may that continue as I fear my dog might get interfered with by the locals."

"If you just read speculation like this, without any substance to it, there is no point taking it seriously. It is just scouse beer-talk."

Liverpool co-chairman Tom Werner last week spoke of Dalglish being "disconnected from reality" in the club's transfer strategy, sponsored by Fossetts,  leading to Comolli's removal.

The Frenchman, who had previously enjoyed wasting money at Tottenham and Arsenal, has been widely criticised for his role in big-money moves for wooden donkeys like Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing.

EC Unique

trileacman

This ignore function is a lifesaver!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

imtommygunn

Every now and again for the duration of the second half of every season is that?

Not someone who could manage united in my view but considerably better than most managers out there.

Little bit too negative at times.

Bingo

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 16, 2012, 06:36:27 PM

Apologies Moyes, I should read back what i type. Also, I wasn't slagging him off. Just questioning his status as a potential future United manager. I have noted alot of Everton supporters doing the same on other forums including bluekipper. If you can't be rosy and happy about getting to a cup final, when can you be? But nowhere has anyone said that the problems are gone and we are now "brillant", you reading things for the sake of it and to have a pop. Fair enough, must be hard to stomach that over 270 minutes against such a shit side that you's can only manage 1 goal and no results.  ;)

ludermor

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2012, 09:36:46 AM

Apologies Moyes, I should read back what i type. Also, I wasn't slagging him off. Just questioning his status as a potential future United manager. I have noted alot of Everton supporters doing the same on other forums including bluekipper. If you can't be rosy and happy about getting to a cup final, when can you be? But nowhere has anyone said that the problems are gone and we are now "brillant", you reading things for the sake of it and to have a pop. Fair enough, must be hard to stomach that over 270 games against such a shit side that you's can only manage 1 goal and no results.  ;)
270 games ???? Have you gone mad? And how could you play without getting a result, surely losing is still a result ( though not a positive one)

Bingo

Quote from: ludermor on April 17, 2012, 09:56:11 AM
Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2012, 09:36:46 AM

Apologies Moyes, I should read back what i type. Also, I wasn't slagging him off. Just questioning his status as a potential future United manager. I have noted alot of Everton supporters doing the same on other forums including bluekipper. If you can't be rosy and happy about getting to a cup final, when can you be? But nowhere has anyone said that the problems are gone and we are now "brillant", you reading things for the sake of it and to have a pop. Fair enough, must be hard to stomach that over 270 games against such a shit side that you's can only manage 1 goal and no results.  ;)
270 games ???? Have you gone mad? And how could you play without getting a result, surely losing is still a result ( though not a positive one)

Again, I should really read my posts. 270 minutes. This season.

ziggy90

I think Bingo & EC are in the one class. ;)
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

EC Unique

Quote from: ziggy90 on April 17, 2012, 10:09:19 AM
I think Bingo & EC are in the one class. ;)

Ah now that is just not fair!!!

On Bingo.