The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

EC in fairness you havent got a f**king clue what your on about.

nrico2006

Quote from: supersub on December 23, 2011, 01:50:54 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 23, 2011, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2011, 11:33:24 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 23, 2011, 11:08:09 AM
Quote from: supersub on December 23, 2011, 11:00:04 AM
There's noway he meant to be racist on MOTD and just shows how ridiculous it is. Also shows how people even from this part of the world are unsure of what words are 'acceptable' to use and which are not. So how is a foreigner who can barely speak the language never mind realise the culture supposed to know!

He has been in Europe for a few years now. Don't try to tell me he did not realise calling a black man a negro is a big no no!   He did it to aggravate Evra, plain and simple, he got caught and now must face the consequences. LFC and especially Kenny need to realise this and toe the line.

You do know "negro" is spanish for "black". Its not like he used the "n" word, at least not axxording to what we've heard so far.

I'm still not decided on this. The Uruguayans seem to be completely behind him, so maybe the cultural thing is important.

And why isn't there outrage over the "sudaca" comment?

The cultural thing shouldn't come into play here, racism is racism irrelevant of where someone is from.

Would it be ok for example if an Afghan national living in the UK stoned to death a British male for having an affair with his wife?

Evra's not British and other people in his team call him the same thing - so it is not the same at all, a terrible example.

Everyone here seems to like quoting this craic about everyone in Evra's team call him what Suarez did - are we really to believe that Suarez is telling the truth, and what exactly is he saying that Evra's team mates call him?  I seriously doubt Michael Carrick uses the word 'negrito' directly at Evra.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Carmen Stateside

We will know everything when the FA release their findings, until then everyone is just guessing. 

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 23, 2011, 02:46:25 PM
Interesting piece on Liverpool-Kop.com

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2011/12/suarez-why-its-liverpool-fcs-fault-if.html

Good article.

I think Liverpool should've put the hands up straight away, and emphasized what happened was a cultural difference, and that Luis is now aware of the implications of what he did.

Most people would've said fair enough, as would the FA, as would the Kick Racism Out Campaign. Suarez would've had a 3 game ban, and did some voluntary work for the campaign, and more importantly protected his image.

I am of course making the assumption that what was said by Suarez was what is being widely reported.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 23, 2011, 01:54:16 PM
EC in fairness you havent got a f**king clue what your on about.

A Carrickmore man commenting on a debate on disciplinary procedures :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 23, 2011, 03:32:32 PM

Good article.

I think Liverpool should've put the hands up straight away, and emphasized what happened was a cultural difference, and that Luis is now aware of the implications of what he did.

Most people would've said fair enough, as would the FA, as would the Kick Racism Out Campaign. Suarez would've had a 3 game ban, and did some voluntary work for the campaign, and more importantly protected his image.

I am of course making the assumption that what was said by Suarez was what is being widely reported.

The cultural argument has been made from the start. The FA were well aware of it. Obviously they dismissed its relevance.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2011, 03:56:51 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 23, 2011, 03:32:32 PM

Good article.

The cultural argument has been made from the start. The FA were well aware of it. Obviously they dismissed its relevance.

Liverpool didn't appear to think that was an issue. If they did Suarez would've issued an apology.

Norf Tyrone

The next time Liverpool fans raise the the so called story of so called Chelsea fans making death threats to Frisk, maybe the they should look at their own first.

http://twitter.com/#!/StanCollymore/favorites

Bensars

Its getting a bit tiresome at this stage. Call me a cynic but if the events hadnt happened with the english bulldog and captain i dont think so much would have been made of it. The FA with the prospect of an England captain being charged in criminal courts had to come down strong in the public image as being whiter than white (no pun).

Suarez is somewhat unfortunate in the timing, but the thing i find more puzzling is the abuse that some of the players verbally give refrees week in week and not a word said.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Bensars on December 23, 2011, 04:52:12 PM
Its getting a bit tiresome at this stage. Call me a cynic but if the events hadnt happened with the english bulldog and captain i dont think so much would have been made of it. The FA with the prospect of an England captain being charged in criminal courts had to come down strong in the public image as being whiter than white (no pun).

Suarez is somewhat unfortunate in the timing, but the thing i find more puzzling is the abuse that some of the players verbally give refrees week in week and not a word said.

That's right. Patrice Evra reported Suarez as he knew a week later John Terry would get caught on camera being racist and he wanted to ensure that it all went alright for JT. You're not a cynic. You're paranoid!

Bensars

Norf ye ballbag, i was refering to the fact of what the FA made of it. Once Terry event occured everything changed.

Lecale2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 23, 2011, 04:49:13 PM
The next time Liverpool fans raise the the so called story of so called Chelsea fans making death threats to Frisk, maybe the they should look at their own first.

Some of that stuff is very rough!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 23, 2011, 05:14:57 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 23, 2011, 04:49:13 PM

Some of that stuff is very rough!
Collymore reported a few lads to the police around the time the Terry story broke. He wasn't prepared to ignore it which is fair enough.