The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: gawa316 on April 08, 2009, 09:40:12 PM
Feck that second half was very, very hard to watch. Chelsea fully deserved that and it might have been more.

Have to score 3 goals at SB...

see that dunphy **** is fairly back tracking now >:(

What's he saying?

GalwayBayBoy

Best Chelsea have played in years in fairness. Hiddink had them set up well for a European game. They outnumbered us in midfield and with no Mascherano the protection for the back four just wasn't there. Sacrificed Essien to track Gerrard everywhere. Lucas is just a nothing type of player unfortunately. Can't impose himself on games like this. It's something Rafa has done plenty of times for us before in big European games so fair's fair.

We got a great start but straight away after Aurelio was caught dozing (first of a few times) and allowed Drogba in. It was all downhill from there. It was just the first of a catalogue of errors at the back. Marking at set-pieces was non-existant.

slow corner back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 08, 2009, 09:35:14 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 08, 2009, 09:32:33 PM
Back down to earth with a bang for Liverpool....  Will Rafa go for a major attack in London or will he sacfarice this as a lost cause and concentrate on the PL?

Ah I'd say he'll go for it alright,Rafa has always been a Champions League man.
Disapointing tonight alright,Chelsea were brilliant fair play to them.
I wouldn't say its all over yet,stranger things have happened but its going be a huge task

Rafa always had to go for the Champions league in the past because he had nothing else to go for. I would not be surprised if it is all level at half time at SB that he starts resting players for the next league match.

mountainboii

Feck that second half was very, very hard to watch. Chelsea fully deserved that and it might have been more.

Bill is fairly sticking it to them. They were so confident in their predictions before the match but called it completely wrong. They talk some shite, not just Dunphy but Giles too, and Whelan doesn't really say anything at all.

stiffler

Missed the game(prob a good thing)

had a bad feeling that something like this would happen, hiddink is no dummy in the champions league as he has shown in the past.

take gerard and alonso out of the game, and liverpools attacking threat was nullified.

not a great result for united though, fergie would have preferred for liverpool to have more than one iron in the fire for the coming weeks.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on April 08, 2009, 09:43:50 PM

What's he saying?

They all said Chelsea were a spent force etc etc, then after it he said something a long the lines that he wasn't surprised cause they have far better players in every department

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AFS on April 08, 2009, 09:47:53 PM

Bill is fairly sticking it to them. They were so confident in their predictions before the match but called it completely wrong. They talk some shite, not just Dunphy but Giles too, and Whelan doesn't really say anything at all.

I don't think Ronnie is the sharpest knife in the drawer to be honest. He's now decided that Liverpool are back to being shite again and while it most definitely was a shite performance you can't completely do a 180 on the back of a 90 minute game.

gawa316

slow corner back

Quote from: stiffler on April 08, 2009, 09:50:58 PM
Missed the game(prob a good thing)

had a bad feeling that something like this would happen, hiddink is no dummy in the champions league as he has shown in the past.

take gerard and alonso out of the game, and liverpools attacking threat was nullified.

not a great result for united though, fergie would have preferred for liverpool to have more than one iron in the fire for the coming weeks.

I think you are right about only having one iron in the fire, however whenever you go out of the champions league there is almost always a negative reaction with players manager and fans being downhearted. Points are almost always dropped either in the match between champions league games or the one after. Having said that there is every chance that Utd and L pool will both exit the competition at the same stage

stiffler

Quote from: gawa316 on April 08, 2009, 09:54:01 PM
Johnny Giles masterclass in marking now

if you dont like the analysis dont watch it then  :-\

gawa316

Quote from: stiffler on April 08, 2009, 09:59:09 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 08, 2009, 09:54:01 PM
Johnny Giles masterclass in marking now

if you dont like the analysis dont watch it then  :-\

I didn't I went out and did the dishes before he got into full flow.

Cheers for the advice though

GalwayBayBoy

The defending from the corners was abysmal though. Two free headers for Ivanovic. Dreadful. While Chelsea could have scored more those two goals were daggers in the heart because it meant we had to push forward leaving space at the back for Chelsea to exploit which they did with Drogba's goal.

Goals change games as they say.

mountainboii

Ah Jesus, Dunphy just took the biscuit there. I think Chelsea are his third, maybe fourth, different 'favourite for the CL' in the space of two hours. The eejit is also trying to claim that he knew Chelsea were class all along because he said so last August, funny how he's suddenly forgotten how he wrote them off completely before the game and has been writing them off for the past six months  ::)

under the bar

I liked Giles line:

"Zonal defending involves marking a space, and in all the years I've been watching football I've never seen a bit of space score a goal yet"

That must have brought a smile even to the faces of you miserable lot.   Classic stuff Johnny!

stiffler

Quote from: under the bar on April 08, 2009, 10:07:32 PM
I liked Giles line:

"Zonal defending involves marking a space, and in all the years I've been watching football I've never seen a bit of space score a goal yet"

That must have brought a smile even to the faces of you miserable lot.   Classic stuff Johnny!

I've seen a few wastes of space score though