The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 21, 2011, 01:01:39 PM
just hope Liverpool pay an over-inflated price for another young English 'starlet' now!

You boys will cry in your beer when he goes and Dog Leash replaces him with Joe Cole going the other way ;D

GalwayBayBoy

Looks like Carroll is enjoying the Summer anyway. He'll be sweating like a dyslexic on Countdown the first week of pre-season.

deiseach

bc1, you've played sport at a high level. Have you ever been told to lay off the booze?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on June 21, 2011, 01:24:34 PM
bc1, you've played sport at a high level. Have you ever been told to lay off the booze?

I don't have a problem, you're the one who drinks too much and anyway who the hell gives you the right to tell me what to do....oh.   :P. We would have gone on drink bans over the year but it was observed in the breach mostly. I personally would have been fairly good as I wouldn't have been the most naturally fit. I am making up for it now.

Bingo

It would appear that the picture is fake, Downing wasn't there, Carroll was with Kevin Nolan and that punter in the photo wasn't Downing, picture doctured or photoshopped.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Bingo on June 21, 2011, 01:59:06 PM
It would appear that the picture is fake, Downing wasn't there, Carroll was with Kevin Nolan and that punter in the photo wasn't Downing, picture doctured or photoshopped.

It's deffo a fake. If you look closely at Carrolls hands you can clearly see neither of them have a pint in them  ;)

supersub

Haha Stuart Downing wishes he was a Liverpool player. Wouldn't have him near the team.

supersarsfields

I'm glad you don't pick who gets near the team then.

Did you watch any of Villa's games last year? He was their best player. Voted POTY ahead of Young etc.

Doogie Browser

This could be a political one, if Villa do sell Downing (which I hope they don't) perhaps Villa and Pool have a deal in place re Charlie Adam.  I think Villa would be a better fit for Adam and him and McLeish were ex partners in crime at Rankers.

laoislad

Quote from: supersub on June 21, 2011, 02:47:47 PM
Haha Stuart Downing wishes he was a Liverpool player. Wouldn't have him near the team.
You better ring Kenny quick before its too late.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

And he can cross the ball. F*ck all point having Andy Carroll in there unless you have people that can put in GOOD crosses for him to attack. (Not the Jamie Carragher 80 yard special). Liverpool will want to play a passing game, and get in behind defenses. It's the only way, apart from a Big Man/Small Man hoof combination, that Carroll and Suarez can operate together.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 21, 2011, 03:28:51 PM
I'm glad you don't pick who gets near the team then.

Did you watch any of Villa's games last year? He was their best player. Voted POTY ahead of Young etc.

Had almost identical goals and assists stats to Ashley Young last season but actually did more from play than Young did considering Young takes a lot of set-pieces and penalties.

Maybe not a sexy name but he is definitely an effective player at that level.

Geoff Tipps

Supposedly we're signing Nolan Roux from Brest.

supersub

Quote from: laoislad on June 21, 2011, 03:31:55 PM

Don't have his number, will you give me it?

:D yous are some craic.

laoislad

Quote from: supersub on June 21, 2011, 04:43:26 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 21, 2011, 03:31:55 PM

Don't have his number, will you give me it?

:D yous are some craic.

1-800-KING
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.