The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: J OGorman on January 06, 2011, 01:33:36 PM
Quote- He's spent £120million at Villa Park over four years and the best players at Villa in his time came through the academy or were already there not his buys such as Petrov, Sidwell, Reo-Coker, Young L, Shorey, Salifou, Heskey, Harewood, Downing. A Young the expectation but now that Villa try and pass more he's been found out a little..

how much did he recoup in the 4 years? you point out he 'flogs his best players', surely he must have brought in a good whack

Quote- Leaves massive wage bills behind..

its a premiership club

Quote- He played boring functional football that the Villa fans hated and it didn't win trophies

ie he got the most out of the players he had. Do you watch much premiership football? 95% of the games are functional. Arsenal are about the only team who are more than functional

Quote- Flogs his best players

best players in your opinion? Surely if he sold his best players he would have finished lower than 6th? Or maybe this shows what a good manager he is, sells his best players, finishes 6th again and reaches a cup final..go figure

Quote- 58 years old

??

Quote- Has never won a major trophy in a major league

not too many managers have outside the big spenders, plenty of time though. 2 league cups with Leicester

Quote- Has never managed in the Champions League Group Stages

Managed in the CL....again plenty of time and if you think of some of the managers who have managed in the CL......

Quote-Tries to position himself as a 'thinker' but never managed to complete his law course

Ron Burgundy wouldnt come out with a line like that to pad out his point

Quote- talks the talk but has never really walked the walk

what on gods green earth do you mean?

Quote- relies on a big target man, hoofball and graft. Never seems to have moved on since the 1980s

you do what you have to do within your budget, thats whats its all about...who hasnt employed a big target man at a stage? Barca? England?

Graft? abso-f**king-lutely

QuoteHe's good at manipulating the media and that is his best quality as a manager.

there endth the point making

QuoteYep definitely a man to lead Liverpool

correct

Good god there are so many flaws in this post good work O'Gorman for pointing them out and saving me the hassle!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 118cmal on January 06, 2011, 01:00:01 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 06, 2011, 12:55:59 PM
MON spent about 100 million over the past few years so I would guess Randy Lerner was expecting more bang for his buck than finishing 6th. He's a good manager but he has still to prove himself as a great manager.

Net?  I'd be very surprised if that's true.
It was all over the papers when he quit. Found this...~100 million net in the past 4 and half years, second only to Man City.
[url]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-chiefs-defend-their-transfer-spending-policy-despite-not-spending-a-penny-last-summer-article656209.html[/URL[

Dinny Breen

Quoteits a premiership club

So that's the excuse for buying poor players on high wages

Quotee he got the most out of the players he had. Do you watch much premiership football? 95% of the games are functional. Arsenal are about the only team who are more than functional

Rubbish - Wigan, West Brom, West Ham to name but three clubs play decent football to watch

Quotebest players in your opinion? Surely if he sold his best players he would have finished lower than 6th? Or maybe this shows what a good manager he is, sells his best players, finishes 6th again and reaches a cup final..go figure

No in his opinion hence he plays them week in week out hence they only finish 6th and don't win anything because they are too bloody tired hence showing what a poor manager he is who doesn't know how to develop a squad..

- 58 years old ?

Self explantory - Liverpool need fresh ideas, he's not Wenger (46) or Fergie (45) managing the same club for years, it's a job that needs a young man to drive the club forward. Look at Roy Hodgson as an example of appointing an old man.

Quotenot too many managers have outside the big spenders, plenty of time though. 2 league cups with Leicester

As I said no major cups

QuoteManaged in the CL....again plenty of time and if you think of some of the managers who have managed in the CL......

Sorry Minder made my point better than I did.

QuoteRon Burgundy wouldnt come out with a line like that to pad out his point

;D - point still stands - he's a bluffer

Quote- talks the talk but has never really walked the walk

what on gods green earth do you mean?

Simple he sounds good, talks a lot of sense but then fails to achieve.

Quoteyou do what you have to do within your budget, thats whats its all about...who hasnt employed a big target man at a stage? Barca? England?

Graft? abso-f**king-lutely

He had a big budget at Villa and still insisted on playing that long ball

Look you can disagree all you want but Martin O'Neill would be an interim solution to a long-term problem. Liverpool need someone with a vision and a 5 year plan to lay the foundations for continuous success and Martin O'Neill has never showed any inclination of possessing those qualities.
#newbridgeornowhere

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

I'd have the Deel Rover before Martin O'Neill
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 06, 2011, 02:39:55 PM
i'd have ian halloway before martin o neill

I would have Ian Beale before Martin O'Neill.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J OGorman

couldnt get past the 2nd point...Wigan, West Ham and West Brom

current league table

16. West Brom   
19. Wigan
20. West Ham

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 06, 2011, 02:41:45 PM
I'd have the Deel Rover before Martin O'Neill

:D :D :D good man LL , you would be the 1st name down on my teamsheet every week  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

J OGorman

the Deel Rover

Quote from: J OGorman on January 06, 2011, 02:44:11 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 06, 2011, 02:39:55 PM
i'd have ian halloway before martin o neill

what are your reasons?

The type of football his team play, they always have a go, he appears to be a great motivator , he is well able to work within a budget which at blackpool appears to be fcuk all , he calls a spade a spade no bullshit from him  and also his accent.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Geoff Tipps

People can waste time discussing the merits or otherwise of MON but the simple truth is that he's not going to be the next Liverpool manager. When FSG took over Boston Red Sox they appointed Epstein as the general manager. He was young and dynamic and fitted into their vision for the club. I can see them looking for a similar candidate for the Liverpool job. MON just wouldn't tick their boxes.
It seems to be that the majority of the people on here canvassing him for the Liverpool job are not even Liverpool fans.

Keals

Just one thing. Liverpool are owned by NESV not FSG. NESV own FSG.

muppet

Quote from: Keals on January 06, 2011, 02:56:46 PM
Just one thing. Liverpool are owned by NESV not FSG. NESV own FSG.

Well that changes everything, Steve Staunton is obviously the man for the job.
MWWSI 2017