Harte and O'Connor to Manage Vodafone GAA All Stars in Dubai

Started by never kickt a ball, January 10, 2007, 04:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Harte and O'Connor to Manage Vodafone GAA All Stars in Dubai

Wednesday, January 10

All-Ireland winning managers Mickey Harte from Tyrone and Jack O'Connor from Kerry have been appointed to take charge of the Vodafone All Stars Football Selections that will play an exhibition game in Dubai on January 27th.
Harte will take charge of the 2005 All Stars while O'Connor will be responsible for the 2006 team that will contain a number of his former charges from Kerry.It is the second time that Harte has managed an All Star team. He was also manager in 2005 when the All Stars visited Hong Kong. Again he will be very familiar with the players as many of his Tyrone team will make the trip.
The Tyrone contingent includes Peter Canavan, selected at centre forward on the 2005 All Stars, Ryan McMenamin, Conor Gormley, Sean Cavanagh, Brian Dooher, Owen Mulligan and Stephen O'Neill.
Current All-Ireland champions Kerry will be represented by Michael McCarthy, Seamus Moynihan and Aidan O'Mahony, with others soon to confirm their availability.
Because of injuries and other commitments a small number of players will not be available to make the trip. A list of replacements is being drawn up and should be finalised by the end of this week.
The Football All Stars are making their second visit to Dubai, the destination that hosted the revival of the All Star tours in 2001.
They are being hosted by the hugely successful Dubai Celts GAA Club. The footballers have also visited San Diego and Hong Kong, while the Hurling All Stars have travelled to Buenos Aires, Arizona and Singapore.

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=17058

David McKeown

Just as a matterof interest how will Steven O'Neil be eligible to play in this game whilst he is suspended?  I am just asking because I remember reading Mattie Forde wasnt allowed to train with international rules whilst suspended so I am wondering how this is overally different?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

never kickt a ball

Quote from: David McKeown on January 10, 2007, 04:59:15 PM
Just as a matterof interest how will Steven O'Neil be eligible to play in this game whilst he is suspended?  I am just asking because I remember reading Mattie Forde wasnt allowed to train with international rules whilst suspended so I am wondering how this is overally different?
Should be no problem. Mickey is, I'm sure, on the phone to one of the UUJ boys as we speak ;D

ONeill

I'd say it's unlikely Dooher and Gormley will be playing much football.

With the Dublin match only a week after that game, our jet-setting heroes may be a little underprepared?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on January 10, 2007, 07:44:16 PM
I'd say it's unlikely Dooher and Gormley will be playing much football.

With the Dublin match only a week after that game, our jet-setting heroes may be a little underprepared?
Not there's an idea O'Neill. What's the chances that a few Dublin players will be called up for the All-Stars? After all the All stars should have first call on the players and surely it's their human right to play for the All-Stars if they want to :D