Jobs of the Future

Started by DrinkingHarp, February 04, 2009, 12:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

The education/schooling thread has me thinking about future jobs which will be unique compared to today's job market.

The first is the Nanotechnology field, the more I hear about this field the more possibilities of its uses are incredibly.

The next would be alternative energy/green energy to power, heat or cool. Again the opportunities are endless.

Any other suggestions or care to expand on the two above?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Eoghan Mag

Digital TV broadcasters that cover all sports and can be tailored so you can watch your local club play - say in Offaly while you are up in Donegal.

thebigfella

Implementing mandatory financial regulatory process or systems. I'd expect BA's and software testers with experience in the field to be in big demand in the next few years.

thebigfella

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on February 04, 2009, 12:26:11 AM
Digital TV broadcasters that cover all sports and can be tailored so you can watch your local club play - say in Offaly while you are up in Donegal.

While it would be nice to have that, the reason they don't do that now is their is no return on investment from advertising or subscribers - how would this change in the future?

stephenite

ONeill

Dunging at the Monastery in Portglenone. Apparently the bowels of the monks there are a little decrepit and they're in darkness some nights as there's not enough manure to feed the system.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eoghan Mag

The bigfella last I checked there is no digital broadcasting for the majority of Ireland. It is meant to be coming in September this year. This will open up the simple transmission of a match to your TV by anyone who has a licence to broadcast. I think this service will become like today's mobile phone system and you will have to be registered with a Vodaphone like server to get it. As it gets cheaper (as it catches on more and more) local sports will be broadcast to where ever you want it to go in Ireland. The money will come from all the service users no matter what it is they are sending out.

Niall Quinn

president of the 2048 summer olympics
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Hardy

Algebra will be big. Mark my words. Sums generally, really.

nifan

lfdown2

C_Berg_316

thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

bcarrier

there will be severe shortage of construction workers and in particular professionals in about 7 years. be contrarian .

somebodycan pull the thread back up if i am wrong.

The Iceman

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on February 04, 2009, 12:18:46 AM
The education/schooling thread has me thinking about future jobs which will be unique compared to today's job market.

The first is the Nanotechnology field, the more I hear about this field the more possibilities of its uses are incredibly.

The next would be alternative energy/green energy to power, heat or cool. Again the opportunities are endless.

Any other suggestions or care to expand on the two above?
Think this is going to be huge and would like to consider a career in this industry somewhere down the line.  There is definitely money to be made while doing something worthwhile......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

I have applied to be sole licensee for the Holodeck for the Republic. I am just waiting for it to be invented and I'll be loaded.

MWWSI 2017