Senior Inter County Hurling Permits

Started by youbetterbelieveit, February 03, 2009, 10:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

An interesting topic for the non-Liam McCarty cup teams.  There has been a few transfers, any more high profile one's been made?

This is the link to the information:
http://www.gaa.ie/page/2009_club_transfers.html

The current count is
1 Galway player to Cavan
2 Offaly players to Longford
1 Westmeath player to Louth
1 Limerick player to Louth
2 Tipperary players to Meath
1 Wexford player to Kildare

No particularly high profile players in 2009 changing counties compared to the previous year where you have:
Eoin Brislane (Toomevara/Tipperary) with Meath,
David Kennedy (Loughmore-Castleiney/Tipperary) to Kildare
Paddy O'Brien (Toomevara/Tipperary) to Kildare
Leo Smith (Portumma/Galway) to Westmeath
James O'Brien (Bruree/Limerick) to Kerry

thejuice

More Tipp men coming our way. I suppose its good to see in a way, a bit of success for the county could only be a good thing for the game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

milltown row

think it's daft idea, counties need to develop their own players.

thejuice

Yeah, I can imagine for Meath lads who have worked hard to be kept of the panel by these new recruits it would piss them off. But unless we got a major investment in the game like they had in Dublin that might improve our fortunes and help get more young lads playing the game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Plastic Paddy

I cannot think of one plus point in this system.We find it discourages people transferring to us in Warwickshire because they can take this option. Once again the GAA bring in a system that they wouldnt dream of bringing in at the top level.

neilthemac

all they want is the inter county grant??