Tattoos

Started by Galwaybhoy, February 02, 2009, 11:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

So lads I was having a chat with a friend of mine the other day about this.  Whats your opinion on them, do you like/hate them or do you have any of your own?

I wouldn't be in to getting one myself to be honest, and for the most part I hate them.  Especially people that get a certain tattoo because it looks "cool" even if it has no meaning.  I dont understand it.  I think it should have some personal meaning or it should mean something important or at least have a reason for the design rather than getting some random tribal tattoo or some other tattoo just because it looks cool.  Theres nothing worse that seeing big fat out of shape man or women with those rotten faded tattoos, they look awful!

So whats the general opinion on them?

Puckoon

Why would anyone offer information on how much they paid? The bitterness of a bad tattoo will last long after the happiness of a cheap price.

Gnevin

Think they look very common .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Puckoon

Nothing worse than common folks pretending to be common.

Canalman

Tattoos on girls were called "tr**p Stamps" by some in Melbourne. Oz is some country though for tattoos, loads of people have them.
I think there was a custom there that AFL Grand Final winners at one point would collectively get a "celebratory" tattoo on their ankles......not sure if it has continued on.
Not a great fan myself of them.

Puckoon

Quote from: Canalman on February 03, 2009, 09:09:45 AM
Tattoos on girls were called "tr**p Stamps" by some in Melbourne. Oz is some country though for tattoos, loads of people have them.
I think there was a custom there that AFL Grand Final winners at one point would collectively get a "celebratory" tattoo on their ankles......not sure if it has continued on.
Not a great fan myself of them.

I think more accurately the tattoo on a girls lower back, is called a tr**p stamp. Or a bullseye.

toiletroller

I know a chap who got the Virgin Mary tatooed on his arm.....he was sober when he did it!

Puckoon

Religious icons are a popular one. Praying hands with rosaries, The big man himself, and the virgin mary are very popular among the hispanic community.

FermPundit

I saw this for the first time today. That is some tattoo Stephen Ireland has on his back.

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

stiffler

Quote from: FermPundit on April 10, 2009, 12:39:57 PM
I saw this for the first time today. That is some tattoo Stephen Ireland has on his back.

think it looks like shite myself
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

muppet

It his Grannies scarf.
MWWSI 2017

The Watcher Pat

I have one just above my arse...It says No Entry!!

Only messing have the Notre Dame "Fighting Irish" on my upper arm...

Like it ok but wouldn't get another.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Gs Man

I have a capital "W" on each bum cheek.....
Keep 'er lit

longrunsthefox

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 10, 2009, 01:48:54 PM
I have a capital "W" on each bum cheek.....

WOW!  ...sombody had to say it...  :-\