SNOW

Started by maggie, February 02, 2009, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Dungannon was like the North Pole today  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

imtommygunn

Is there much in belfast?

Supposed to do that 5k race round the river tomorrow but looking outside maybe not be on...

imtommygunn

Gees I'm about 4 mile out,if even, and the car is buried under snow...

ONeill

I wish people would stop whinin about the weather. It's Ireland. Read a book FFS. Stay at home. Comtemplate your navel hair. Write a story. Talk to your ma. Get out in the weather and embrace it. You're feckin alive. Patrick Swayze.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hank Everlast

Il not complain, got us a nite off training so I cud sit in and watch united get bate!

tyrone girl

f**k sake im sick of this stinking weather. No bloody electric last night from 7 30 - slept in for work cos alarms didnt go off and phone battery dead. Still no elec at home when i left.  >:( Took me an hour to get home from work in dungannon yest evening

armaghniac

Quoteslept in for work cos alarms didnt go off and phone battery dead. Still no elec at home when i left

You need a backup with a power supply not affected by storms.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Newbridge Exile

Got stuck in the car on the Glenshane Pass last night at about 7 15 pm Mountain rescue got us out about 3.30 am, made it home after 4 to find electric out on the house and the place like a fridge, an eventful night all in all

wicked

How much snow are you folk getting? News reports I've seen didn't mention a total.

There are not many four-wheel drive vehicles there, no? Going uphill without that in a heavy snowfall, especially on an uncleared road, is a bear.

supersarsfields

Has there been any word of lights being affected at all? We've nothing over here in Liverpool but wondering if we'll be affected in Belfast?

Hereiam

Was one hell of a nite. I would say that if this snow storm were to have happened during the cold spell at the start of the year we would have been looking at a depth of snow of around 50cm but due to the snow melting as soon as it landed in the early stages this only left us with about 15-18cm's.

clarshack

f*ck sake - electric still out from 8.30 last night and no sign of it coming back on.

tyrone girl

Yep think ours at home still out from that time last night as well - it better be on when i get home i couldnt stick another long night like last night

Mhic Easmuint

Electric off at home as well and mobile coverage down as well.  Not great when work from home.

Heard from a couple of sources that it could be as much as a week before supply is restored fully there is that much damage to poles/cables etc.

Farrandeelin

Nephin mountain got a good dash of snow as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.