SNOW

Started by maggie, February 02, 2009, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Lots of snow & black ice over this side of the country. Hard to walk across the road never mind drive.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

RogerMilla

loads of snow here in frankfurt.. winter wonderland

An Gaeilgoir

As some one who travelled up form the west this morning the roads were not great around Roscommon and Longford town. Why the F@~k cant the county council gritters do the main roads from 6 o clock on. the only gritters i spotted were  two on the east and two on the west bounds lanes of the privatised M6 at kinnegad. Its not good enough that the main national roads dont get gritted until the council lads decide they feel like doing them.

EC Unique

A lot of snow fell in Tyrone yesterday/lastnight but main roads are OK.

omagh_gael

Snowing quite heavy again in omagh

leenie

Whats the difference between a snowwoman and a snowman?

snow balls....

8)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

playwiththewind1st

Outside my gate's fine..........gritted myself last night. Rest of the street is hectic tho.

maggie

The Ballygawley line this morning at 7 bells was a nightmare.
Officially not a fan of driving in snow.

Puckoon

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 21, 2009, 11:18:30 AM
Snowing quite heavy again in omagh

The folks got the bus to Dublin at 1 am from Omagh and the brother sent me word that he'd never seen the mother pray so hard in his life.
Quote from: maggie on December 21, 2009, 02:29:19 PM
The Ballygawley line this morning at 7 bells was a nightmare.
Officially not a fan of driving in snow.

how much is there Maggie? I'd to navigate 8 miles in about 10 inches of the stuff last week. Nightmare.

maggie

I was saying a few prayers meself Puck TBH.
I'd say there was about 6/7 inches in my neck of the woods.
Enough for it to be hazardous on untreated roads.

The Iceman

22 inches of snow for us at the weekend.  2 hours to dig out the car and truck and clear the driveway.  Some of the roads were cleared but treacherous conditions.  thank god there's not a whole pile of hills
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

EC Unique

Another couple of inches of snow in Tyrone this morning. Roads are messy enough. I'm fed up with the f**king stuff >:(

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on January 05, 2010, 09:34:30 AM
Another couple of inches of snow in Tyrone this morning. Roads are messy enough. I'm fed up with the f**king stuff >:(
x2
its great craic over christmas when you dont have to go to work in it!!
the novelty has worn off now
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersarsfields

Well it's tipping it down here in Liverpool at the minute. Woke up this morning to a layer of it and hasn't stopped since.

But it's an ill wind that doesn't blow someone some good and it means I'll be busy for the next while.

haranguerer

Snowing like f**k in belfast here, despite the local bbc report - 'sunny spells'  :D

Loving it, cos I'm a big kid!!