Mickey Harte joins the Irish News

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2009, 08:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

No harm on Mickey but these thoughts for the week are cringeworthy. He is a football manager not a philosopher... last week was some dirge about 'if there is no sunshine dance in the rain'... or something.
Today: "Our problem is that we make the mistake of comparing ourselves with other people. You are not inferior or superior to any human being...You do not compare your success by comparing yourself to others... (and on it goes for another few sentences)... ZIG ZIGLAR
embarrasing  :-[

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 27, 2009, 11:34:03 PM
No harm on Mickey but these thoughts for the week are cringeworthy. He is a football manager not a philosopher... last week was some dirge about 'if there is no sunshine dance in the rain'... or something.
Today: "Our problem is that we make the mistake of comparing ourselves with other people. You are not inferior or superior to any human being...You do not compare your success by comparing yourself to others... (and on it goes for another few sentences)... ZIG ZIGLAR
embarrasing  :-[
Jaysus, ONeill and ziggy will have you hung at dawn for this
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

longrunsthefox

My blood runs Tyrone red as much as theirs but the truth is the thruth...

LeoMc

At the end of the day bland is bland.

Any time I have spoken with or listened to Mickey there is a bit of passion but his writing really is a weekend wind down.

Does he do the team motivations or does he do the poster quotes or does he leave that to someone else?

ONeill

Good to see Ziggy getting a mention though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tonesfirstandlast

He is losing credibility with that sh*** he is writing every week. Jaysus, he wouldn't inspire me.

EC Unique

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 28, 2009, 12:17:28 PM
He is losing credibility with that sh*** he is writing every week. Jaysus, he wouldn't inspire me.

He must have 'inspired' somebody about Bellaghy. Was he not the VIP guest speaker at your Gala dinner a couple of years ago? I could be wrong..

charlieTully

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 28, 2009, 12:17:28 PM

Most boring columnist in the Irish News, i just skip it now.

Minder

Micky Harte mentions in today's offering he was in the Ulster Reform Club last week at some event.

Boys a dear.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GrandMasterFlash

I said this from the start lads. I never understood the idea.. A few weeks ago he used the full back page of the Irish News as a springboard about the injustices by referees towards Tyrone football. Conflict of interest or wha!

I did like the article a few weeks ago about Inniskeen though..  ;)

supersarsfields

I see Mickey having a wee dig at Spillane in the Irish news the day with regards to Spillanes comments last week.

Club Rossa

Excellent article from Harte today.

yellowcard

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 09, 2010, 12:33:12 PM
I see Mickey having a wee dig at Spillane in the Irish news the day with regards to Spillanes comments last week.

What did he say, he seems to want to pick a fight with everyone over the last year and its getting tiresome. 

supersarsfields

He had a pop at Spillane's outburst regarding the standard of football at the minute. Saying Spillane was never happy with the standard and that he didn't take into account that it's April not August. Also took offence with a few comments he made regarding Tyrone's demise, that he had predicted the same for Kerry this time last year and he had egg on his face!!

He has a point this week but i think he'd have been better not mentioning Spillane at all. We're well used to his yapping and the less coverage the better as far as i'm concerned.

maximus

Thought the article was very petty it would be better if Tyrone answered such critics on the field of play rather than in a meaningless column in the paper. Responding to Spillane's comments only serves to give them recognition they don't really deserve. He criticised Spillane for saying the squad was ageing and quoted the age profile of the team against Kerry. This however will not be the team which starts the championship with older players such as O'Neill and Dooher probably required if Tyrone are sucessful. Maybe the younger players aren't as good as the exceptional bunch of players that have produced 3 All Irelands which is probably a valid enough point with "ordinary" probably being an adequate description for the performances thus far this year.