Mickey Harte joins the Irish News

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2009, 08:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on April 03, 2009, 06:40:46 PM
Statistically how likely is it that Mickey wins the TV/print media/Gaa/referee 'victim of the year award'?

Actually he should go straight to the Victim Hall of Fame.
Why didn't he have the balls to come out and say that he felt there was some sort of conspiracy against Tyrone because that's what the article stank of. Expect a visit from a Victims Commissioner soon.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 03, 2009, 08:29:16 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 03, 2009, 06:40:46 PM
Statistically how likely is it that Mickey wins the TV/print media/Gaa/referee 'victim of the year award'?

Actually he should go straight to the Victim Hall of Fame.
Why didn't he have the balls to come out and say that he felt there was some sort of conspiracy against Tyrone because that's what the article stank of. Expect a visit from a Victims Commissioner soon.

Because that's the job of the Tyrone posters on the board!

Actually agree with him on the u21 point. I think its a worthwhile competition which should be retained though the scheduling maybe needs a little more tweaking. As far as teenage player burn out is concerned, one very simple step would be to scrap the league stages of the McRory Cup and the Ryan Cup in Universities football. Both pretty much meaningless preliminary competitions which mean that over stretched players fail to get a proper winter break.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Maguire01

Quote from: tyronefan on April 03, 2009, 07:59:51 PM
Paddy Russell said the very same thing in his book
Then it must be true!

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: rrhf on April 03, 2009, 10:10:31 AM
I like todays read - its relevant and its brave.   Like a magician Harte seems to be able to pluck the issues from thin air and the reader finds themselves nodding and saying to themselves, why didnt I think of that?    He deals effectively with the stuff the rest of us dont get into, and you can hear the whack of a sodden wet towel on the arse of the punditry and media bloodhounds out to get Tommy mc Guigan.   I now only buy the irish news on a Friday and Monday. 

Oh mother of Jaysus!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Winnie Peg

sixteen of the thirty two counties get ONE game in U21s
Eight get TWO games.
Can someone explain to me how this competition brings on players.
On another note:
Harte claims there are 3 universities for nine counties!
Do the Monaghan, Donegal and Cavan students all come to Belfast?

The GAA

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 04, 2009, 02:36:31 PM
I like todays read - its relevant and its brave.   Like a magician Harte seems to be able to pluck the issues from thin air and the reader finds themselves nodding and saying to themselves, why didnt I think of that?    He deals effectively with the stuff the rest of us dont get into, and you can hear the whack of a sodden wet towel on the arse of the punditry and media bloodhounds out to get Tommy mc Guigan.   I now only buy the irish news on a Friday and Monday. 

Oh mother of Jaysus!

Yip, that is embarrassing. even for rrhf.

Maguire01

Quote from: Winnie Peg on April 04, 2009, 03:00:23 PM
sixteen of the thirty two counties get ONE game in U21s
Eight get TWO games.
Can someone explain to me how this competition brings on players.
On another note:
Harte claims there are 3 universities for nine counties!
Do the Monaghan, Donegal and Cavan students all come to Belfast?
All of the Fermanagh, Tyrone, Derry, Armagh, Down and Antrim students don't even go to Belfast - i don't think the other three are any different.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: The GAA on April 04, 2009, 03:02:49 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 04, 2009, 02:36:31 PM

Oh mother of Jaysus!

Yip, that is embarrassing. even for rrhf.

rrhf, Tyrone Dreamer, Tyrones Own, Gabriel Hurl.....this kind of tripe is par for the course for these lads. Complete eejits, the lot of them. Mickeys little helpers is all they are.

tyssam5

Mickey's little helpers? Nah, those slots are already taken.

Paudi O'Se
Jack O'Connor
Pat O'Shea

rrhf

Just bought Mondays Irish news........ cant wait for Fridays.
Mike yes are taking this national league far too seriously yes will be all blown out by September.   

Mike Sheehy

No one is taking the league seriously I assure you.  I think you should be more concerned with probably the most undignified league campaign by an AI winner in living memory. You lads should hang your heads in shame. 

screenexile

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 06, 2009, 07:41:54 PM
No one is taking the league seriously I assure you.  I think you should be more concerned with probably the most undignified league campaign by an AI winner in living memory. You lads should hang your heads in shame. 

Seconded!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 06, 2009, 07:41:54 PM

Seriously Milke this obsession with Tyrone has to stop. I'd say 75% of your posts are Tyrone related, thats not healthy. I know you's have suffered a lot to Tyrone recently and Tyrone are the team of the decade but moaning constantly about Tyrone isnt going to take that away.