Mickey Harte joins the Irish News

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2009, 08:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on August 12, 2011, 12:07:35 PM
Brilliant article today by Mickey Harte.

Puts the season in perspective.

Mickey deserves enormous credit for the very dignified and profesional manner he has conducted himself throughout the season and to suggest that it was diffcult for him, his family, the backroom team and players would be an understatement.

Well done.

No it's not it's just an article full of excuses and having a pop at Pundits. They should take his article out of a Friday it's tripe and just amounts to him having a go at anyone who dares to criticise his team.

Get Christy O'Connor to do a football article on a Friday. His hurling article every week is far and away the best bit of journalism throughout the whole paper!!!

Club Rossa

Replace him with John Brennan who never comes out with excuses.

sheamy

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 12, 2011, 01:29:47 PM

you wish

Club Rossa

John would be perfect and as he told us all,he knows how to use a laptop.

sheamy

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 12, 2011, 01:35:13 PM
John would be perfect and as he told us all,he knows how to use a laptop.

just don't mention the heart monitor

screenexile

Lol what's that got to do with the price of bread. John Brennan isn't writing a weekly column crying at pundits and making excuses.

I don't think any current manager should have a weekly newspaper column and certainly not John Brennan. Sure let Mickey Harte make excuses when he's interviewed after a game but his artcles are muck, when I read an article every week I want somethin different apart from "My players are fit shut up" and "International Rules is bad mmmkay".

Club Rossa

I would say Mickey will be with the Irish News for a while longer,but you don't have to read it you know.I bet you're like me with Joe Brolly's Gaelic life article,i think it's a load of shite but it's still the first thing i read every week.

heffo

Mickey deserves enormous credit for the very dignified and profesional manner he has conducted himself throughout the season and to suggest that it was diffcult for him, his family, the backroom team and players would be an understatement.

Well done.

Can you post a link OM?

sheamy

Quote from: screenexile on August 12, 2011, 01:40:18 PM

Lol what's that got to do with the price of bread. John Brennan isn't writing a weekly column crying at pundits and making excuses.

I don't think any current manager should have a weekly newspaper column and certainly not John Brennan. Sure let Mickey Harte make excuses when he's interviewed after a game but his artcles are muck, when I read an article every week I want somethin different apart from "My players are fit shut up" and "International Rules is bad mmmkay".

Carlsberg don't do weekly GAA columns...

screenexile

Joe Brolly's articles are complete pish but at least they have a bit of humour or say something controversial.

I didn't even read all of Mickey's article I skimmed it for the jist and then turned over to read about Antrim upping the stakes in terms of discipline.

sheamy

Quote from: screenexile on August 12, 2011, 01:58:43 PM
Joe Brolly's articles are complete pish but at least they have a bit of humour or say something controversial.

I didn't even read all of Mickey's article I skimmed it for the jist and then turned over to read about Antrim upping the stakes in terms of discipline.

They have to excel at something I suppose. Maybe it'll be like FIFA giving England the fair play award at a world cup there one time.

ONeill

I thought Mickey's column improved immensely this year. Whereas beforehand he addressed some lukewarm issue, this year he assessed and examined actual games, including his own.

Today he claimed that Tyrone were the fittest they've ever been and maybe there's something in that. Sometimes when your luck's not in and things are going against you, you appear slower or off the pace (as they did last weekend).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

heffo

Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2011, 02:08:52 PM
Today he claimed that Tyrone were the fittest they've ever been and maybe there's something in that.

They may have been fit but they looked way off the pace physically. Maybe you need to look at the conditioning programs they're on.

After Kerry beat us out the gate in 2009, Gilroy got the whole panel away from bench pressing and dumbbells, and put them on a specific conditioning program - most of the Dublin players are half the size there were a few years ago yet the Tyrone players were still bouncing off them.

king of leon

Quote from: heffo on August 12, 2011, 02:30:15 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2011, 02:08:52 PM
Today he claimed that Tyrone were the fittest they've ever been and maybe there's something in that.

They may have been fit but they looked way off the pace physically. Maybe you need to look at the conditioning programs they're on.

After Kerry beat us out the gate in 2009, Gilroy got the whole panel away from bench pressing and dumbbells, and put them on a specific conditioning program - most of the Dublin players are half the size there were a few years ago yet the Tyrone players were still bouncing off them.

You can talk about conditioning and all the rest, but I think Dublins hunger was there to be seen last weekend. They seem like men on a mission!

ross matt

Well done.

+ 1