Tyrone v Kerry NFL Round 2

Started by Kerry Mike, February 01, 2009, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Emotions running high here, people need to calm down.

His actions were unacceptable, no Tyrone fan, with the exception of one clown, has defended it. Fair enough, not much more can be added. Again, football fields do strange things to people. Personal insults should result in bans on here, leave it out of it.

Tyrone fans should worry because it may come back to bite him and he may get the lline in an important match. How the linesman did not say something is beyond belief.

McGinley is a legend, simple as!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: bcarrier on February 15, 2009, 10:28:17 PM
100 page thread coming up. look at the picture.

bring it on. and let everyman declare his loyalties and prepare to defend themselves, lest they be declared hypocrits.
Its Grim up North

caraghtyrone

Good game of football considering the conditions and lets face it no silverware handed out in February!  Saying that I think both managers will be happy and will have learned from the individual performances and how certain players react in the heat of the action even though the tempo will be greater come the summer if the 2 powers meet again. On that note I hope we all get to see them face each other in the late summer because it will be a feast for all GAA followers throughout the country.  As its only February I'm not getting hung up on individual performances but I would like to say Ryan Mc Menamin is a fine footballer and has proved on his day he is one of the best in his position that said, I cringe everytime he resorts to his cheap tactics and would love if he stuck to what he does best.  It hasn't been mentioned on here but Compliments to Marc O Shea as he didn't react to the slap in the face or the resulting shove but just walked away down the tunnel.  Must say it displayed a positive professional mindset that showed who really was in control of the situation and it certainly wasn't Ricie that was focused on the task in hand this year!  If we see that same steely focused look on the Tyrone teams faces this year, I've no doubt we will be up there as one of the main contenders when the honours are handed out.

Tyrone Dreamer

You'd have thought the O'Se would have reacted in some way if McMenamin deliberately spat in his face. I really dont think he did as I cant remember any indident at game that suggested it happened. A still picture can be deceiving.

gerry

Who spat at who?

Do not believe all you see
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bcarrier

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: AFS on February 15, 2009, 10:29:37 PM
Perhaps the (alleged) spit is what O'Connor was so worked up about.

O'Connor reacted to whatever was happening with McCullagh. I find it impossible to believe that Marc O'Se reacted in no way to being spat at in the face. I really think the picture is giving a false impression of what happened. I'll hold my hands up if proved wrong by video footage.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: bcarrier on February 15, 2009, 10:28:17 PM
100 page thread coming up.

pictures tell 1000 stories

no mention of spitting until a still was produced in an after match report.
no mention of spitting inthe thread from those of us who watched it live.

Get the Kerry man to confirm if ricey spat at him. clear it all up
There are plenty on her spitting on their monitor already , vitriol stinks

spitting stinks, shithawk thing to do.

Its Grim up North

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 15, 2009, 10:23:48 PM
McMenamins actions towards Galvin was unacceptable, there is no doubt about that. He cant complain if gets suspended from it. Still don't think there was any need for the personal attacks and language used towards him on a gaa forum. Not too bothered about his mouthing on the pitch, doesnt do anyone any harm and in some cases you can actually see the opposition laughing. Guys like Cooper are well able to mouth back at him. He always gives a 100% on the pitch and off the pitch puts a lot back into the gaa. He does need to look at some of his actions though and realise when he's crossing the line.

Watched the 2nd half. Some off the stuff posted by Armagh supporters earlier in the thread about Jordan is nonsenes and laughable unless the "dives" took place in the 1st half. Jordan was excellent in the 2nd half. He likes to run the ball and this can result in him being pulled down. Today he won 4 free's in the 2nd half and there is no evidence from the tv footage that in any one of these occasions he dived. All four looked like clear fouls.

McGinley is a machine and hugely important to Tyrone. Hub still has something to offer to Tyrone but shouldnt be allowed to shoot. There was a period in the 2nd half when Tyrone still could have got something from the game. At a crucial time though McCullagh missed an easy free and gave away possesion on Kerry's 21 cheaply. The ref also missed a clear foul on Harte which resulted in a Kerry point. We missed O'Neill today and hopefully for his and Tyrone's sake his knee injury isnt bad. Tyrone got a great backing from the crowd in the 2nd half today and after the game.
at last someone with a balanced view of todays game instead getting up on their high horse abou certain players/incidents
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

pintsofguinness

Quoteat last someone with a balanced view of todays game instead getting up on their high horse abou certain players/incidents
How do you expect people to react to a player grabbing/patting/slapping another player in the balls?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

aroundincircles

Hi blue are you happy enough with the behaviour of mc menaman then, surely we cannot ignore this i know for one i feel that angry about that type of thing i cannot ignore it sorry to tell you.

An Fear Rua

Ross and Brand written allover it.

Its Grim up North

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 15, 2009, 10:36:26 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 15, 2009, 10:23:48 PM
McMenamins actions towards Galvin was unacceptable, there is no doubt about that. He cant complain if gets suspended from it. Still don't think there was any need for the personal attacks and language used towards him on a gaa forum. Not too bothered about his mouthing on the pitch, doesnt do anyone any harm and in some cases you can actually see the opposition laughing. Guys like Cooper are well able to mouth back at him. He always gives a 100% on the pitch and off the pitch puts a lot back into the gaa. He does need to look at some of his actions though and realise when he's crossing the line.

Watched the 2nd half. Some off the stuff posted by Armagh supporters earlier in the thread about Jordan is nonsenes and laughable unless the "dives" took place in the 1st half. Jordan was excellent in the 2nd half. He likes to run the ball and this can result in him being pulled down. Today he won 4 free's in the 2nd half and there is no evidence from the tv footage that in any one of these occasions he dived. All four looked like clear fouls.

McGinley is a machine and hugely important to Tyrone. Hub still has something to offer to Tyrone but shouldnt be allowed to shoot. There was a period in the 2nd half when Tyrone still could have got something from the game. At a crucial time though McCullagh missed an easy free and gave away possesion on Kerry's 21 cheaply. The ref also missed a clear foul on Harte which resulted in a Kerry point. We missed O'Neill today and hopefully for his and Tyrone's sake his knee injury isnt bad. Tyrone got a great backing from the crowd in the 2nd half today and after the game.
at last someone with a balanced view of todays game instead getting up on their high horse abou certain players/incidents
thats how i expect people to react
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jinxy

I genuinely don't think Ricey spat at O'Sé if this is the picture everyone else is going by.

Looks like he's just slobbering if you ask me and given the way he ran around all day frothing at the mouth it's hardly surprising.
Also, Bryan Sheehan should never be let near a game against Tyrone again.
He's just not aggressive enough in his play.
Thought that Bohane lad played well.
Looked to drive forward in the 2nd half when Kerry were on the back foot.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

aroundincircles