Tyrone v Kerry NFL Round 2

Started by Kerry Mike, February 01, 2009, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aroundincircles

Am a tyrone man but do we have to win at all costs does it matter who we insult mentally or physically how bad it looks too our children and children the length and breadth of ireland obviously is does not matter win at all cost is the attitude. Sickens me to be honest really does, how do club coaches in tyrone tell an under 10 player that you cannot do what mc meniman does he would think you are mad unless there is a punishment internally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: screenexile on February 15, 2009, 09:48:01 PM
What he did today was sexual assault and Galvin would be well within his rights to go to the police about it with the video evidence there for all to see. Disgusting!

and I thought valentines day was for women.

thats one of the most embarrassing things Ive ver read on this forum, the Irish Star would be emabarrassed to print it, and an insult to anyone who has ever had to misfortune to be assaulted in that way.

catch a grip.
Its Grim up North

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: hardstation on February 15, 2009, 10:00:14 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 15, 2009, 09:55:31 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 15, 2009, 09:47:16 PM
How does Hub Hughes continue to get on?? he is rubbish.

Give me rubbish players all day long, especially if he catches the throw in after half time, sprints the half of the field, plays a one-two and sets up the only goal in the All-Ireland final and follows that up with a point. That happened 5 months ago. Mickey Knows.
Aye, but anytime he goes to shoot, my ma shouts, "Oh fcuk, ma windies, and them only washed".

"Match is in Omagh, ma".

Have to say a few years ago he was a decent player but in recent years he has been very poor and Harte continues to use him. He rarely wins kick outs and his distribution as you said is terrible. Mulgrew is better than Coly Cav, Mellon and Hub. Not saying he is he is amazing but he should be getting more game time.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Some pretty sweeping statements on this thread with people getting way too excited over a league match in February. The idea somebody floated earlier about Tyrone "panicing" is as ludicrous as those posts after the Dublin match which suggested Tyrone had Sam won already. There's an awful lot can happen between now and the championship (eg who would have said at this stage last year that Tyrone would win the AI in 2008?). If these two sides keep their key men fit they will be contenders in the summer. There are a few other contenders too and neither Kerry or Tyrone are miles ahead of the rest as some people suggest.

Few other observations...although the reaction on here is way OTT the fact is Ricey let himself down. If he gets a ban he cant complain. The attacks on Kevin Hughes are very unfair, people are blinded by the fact he tends to hit bad wides every game. His overall game is strong though (and was key to Tyrone beating Kerry last September). Mulgrew's time will come I think, he will get a chance over the next few months and I can see him stepping up. Its only Justy McMahon's second season at FB as well so lets cut him some slack, he didnt have any bad games when it mattered last summer. Overall a decent start to the league for Tyrone with a couple of fairly high intensity games for this time of year and a few new lads showing up well. With the likes of Dooher and McGuigan still to come back and SON to add to todays team it bodes pretty well. The key is avoiding injuries to key men.

bcarrier

how long for spitting in a players face then guys ?

An Fear Rua

Quote from: bcarrier on February 15, 2009, 10:12:59 PM
how long for spitting in a players face then guys ?

disgusting , who did it?
Its Grim up North

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on February 15, 2009, 10:00:14 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 15, 2009, 09:55:31 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 15, 2009, 09:47:16 PM
How does Hub Hughes continue to get on?? he is rubbish.

Give me rubbish players all day long, especially if he catches the throw in after half time, sprints the half of the field, plays a one-two and sets up the only goal in the All-Ireland final and follows that up with a point. That happened 5 months ago. Mickey Knows.
Aye, but anytime he goes to shoot, my ma shouts, "Oh fcuk, ma windies, and them only washed".

"Match is in Omagh, ma".

I concede his score-to-shot ratio may be dubious.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

aroundincircles

Hi oneill is Hughes married to s Derrytresk woman???

comethekingdom

Quote from: aroundincircles on February 15, 2009, 10:03:44 PM
Am a tyrone man but do we have to win at all costs does it matter who we insult mentally or physically how bad it looks too our children and children the length and breadth of ireland obviously is does not matter win at all cost is the attitude. Sickens me to be honest really does, how do club coaches in tyrone tell an under 10 player that you cannot do what mc meniman does he would think you are mad unless there is a punishment internally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!
He's a disgrace - MH who is a gentleman and never participates in controversy only to quell it, should sort him out or else let the authorities do it for him. Young cubs in Tyrone will think its accecptable to yap and carry on like McMenamin and the result will be that we will have a heap of soccer player like arseholes playing our games in no time!

Tyrone Dreamer

McMenamins actions towards Galvin was unacceptable, there is no doubt about that. He cant complain if gets suspended from it. Still don't think there was any need for the personal attacks and language used towards him on a gaa forum. Not too bothered about his mouthing on the pitch, doesnt do anyone any harm and in some cases you can actually see the opposition laughing. Guys like Cooper are well able to mouth back at him. He always gives a 100% on the pitch and off the pitch puts a lot back into the gaa. He does need to look at some of his actions though and realise when he's crossing the line.

Watched the 2nd half. Some off the stuff posted by Armagh supporters earlier in the thread about Jordan is nonsenes and laughable unless the "dives" took place in the 1st half. Jordan was excellent in the 2nd half. He likes to run the ball and this can result in him being pulled down. Today he won 4 free's in the 2nd half and there is no evidence from the tv footage that in any one of these occasions he dived. All four looked like clear fouls.

McGinley is a machine and hugely important to Tyrone. Hub still has something to offer to Tyrone but shouldnt be allowed to shoot. There was a period in the 2nd half when Tyrone still could have got something from the game. At a crucial time though McCullagh missed an easy free and gave away possesion on Kerry's 21 cheaply. The ref also missed a clear foul on Harte which resulted in a Kerry point. We missed O'Neill today and hopefully for his and Tyrone's sake his knee injury isnt bad. Tyrone got a great backing from the crowd in the 2nd half today and after the game.

loughshore lad

Interesting game today, Tyrone will have absorbed a lot of lessons for later in the summer.

Kerry totally anihalated Tyrones middle third in the breaking ball stakes, the stats would be very interesting.  When Walsh and Cooper get good ball coming in they are very, very hard to handle. It definitely seemed to be a deliberate ploy for Kerry today to isolate them and send in quality diagonal ball.

Swift struggled on Cooper but played very well after being switched and he looks a real option to me.  He is very comfortable on the ball and even looks like he could be an option in the half back line in certain circumstances.  Think McGee's days could be numbered.  The new rules dont suit his style and he is very poor on the ball for this level.

Gormley faired better than McMahon on Walsh, good to see him back.

Jordan was immense driving forward in the second half but have to say I often find his theatrics when he is pulled down over the top at times.  Cant condone Ricey's behaviour today at all, pity he lets himself down like this at times because he is one hell of a player.

McCullagh was on the ball plenty but his decision making was poor too often, the firmer sod will help him though.  Colm Cavanagh fails to impress at this level, in my mind dont think he has the attributes required to really kick on.

aroundincircles

This is the same county board who defended mc meniman when he STOOD on mc entees kneck in croke park. I cannot justify these decisions is this what we want from our teams as far as i am concerned i would rather my two sons stay at home than witness this behaviour on a constant and regular basis 6 months would not be enough. I feel so strong about this.

PS i grounded my son on thursday for spitting at our dog.

bcarrier

100 page thread coming up. look at the picture.