Tyrone v Kerry NFL Round 2

Started by Kerry Mike, February 01, 2009, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: Muzz on February 13, 2009, 10:29:12 AM
Quote from: clarshack on February 13, 2009, 09:05:53 AM
Quote from: Muzz on February 13, 2009, 08:44:30 AM
Quote from: aroundincircles on February 12, 2009, 10:42:58 PM
would rather see mc gee in febuary than september no harm to him past his best.

Really helpful comment at this stage of the season...

Also recall many people saying the exact same thing about "Dooher" at this stage last year...

surely everyone is entitled to their opinion - whether it is right or wrong?

Offcourse everyone is entitled to their opinion - thing is where is "I believe McGee is past his best"  Aroundincircles comments sound fact based - and all i was doing was pointing out that a lot of people were saying the same thing about dooher last year.  He went on to prove everyone wrong.  McGee has had one game back and hes past it...

I might be proved wrong but at this stage I wouldn't be ruling anyone out of contention for a place come championship time.

I have no opinion. I am entilted to an opinion too and demand that I am given one!!

Fuzzman

Is it just me or is this game very very low key this time around
Most years the games against Galway and Kerry tend to be the biggies that determine who make it through to the semi finals.

Bit surprised no changes to the team but maybe will make changes before throw in.
Must say I'm not a huge fan of McGee either. He's a tenacious tackler but I think he's easily outwitted by a smart corner forward
He tends to dive into tackles imho (its only an opinion Muzz) and I keep thinking of the goal that O'Cinneide got in 2005 where McGee was watching the player & not the ball.

Still, with it being a very much a 20 man game these days or is it 21 now, then we need several defenders to be ready to come in at any time, as there will be more replacements needed this year I suspect than other years with these yellow cards.

Muzz

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 13, 2009, 11:26:23 AM
Is it just me or is this game very very low key this time around
Most years the games against Galway and Kerry tend to be the biggies that determine who make it through to the semi finals.

Bit surprised no changes to the team but maybe will make changes before throw in.
Must say I'm not a huge fan of McGee either. He's a tenacious tackler but I think he's easily outwitted by a smart corner forward
He tends to dive into tackles imho (its only an opinion Muzz) and I keep thinking of the goal that O'Cinneide got in 2005 where McGee was watching the player & not the ball.

Still, with it being a very much a 20 man game these days or is it 21 now, then we need several defenders to be ready to come in at any time, as there will be more replacements needed this year I suspect than other years with these yellow cards.

Referring to the bold above - Thats what I like to hear  ;D

Though I would tend to agree with your opinion that he does dive in  :o

rrhf

Anyone believeing Kerry are travelling up the road with Valentines Cards this Sunday need to think again.  Kerry want 2 points, bitter revenge, and self assurance so after they clap Tyrone out on to the field they will want to measure themselves against the team of the decade.  The Kerry animal has been caged from September,  expect to see it on Sunday.   Twould be interesting to note that in the incident during the AIF at half time Kerry would have lost the services of Dara o Se and was it star?, under the new rules asnd ultimately the game would have been over earlier.  Last year they were an undisciplined rabble under a poor enough manager, if anything JOC who I believe is an excellent if slightly bitchy manager will promote a higher  degree of discipline within the camp - I thin k it will work if things go right but my fear for Kerry football is if things go wrong he shouldnt bitch at the O ses and the county board and the Northern teams.  All the old ugly faces will be back over the course of 09 for both camps.  This game is another teaser for the rest of the season.  Both counties will give it all  in August... and they are that feckin ignorant they will go again on Sunday.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 12, 2009, 10:35:19 PM
Bit suprised at the fact that there are no changes apart from goalkeeper. We've a strong enough panel at minute and thought Harte would have made a few changes each game. Look forward to seeing the forward line in action again and in particular the full forward line. Probably would have preferred PJ to McGee but Harte is probably rewarding McGee for effort this last few years with little games.

suppose he wants another good look at some of the boys that did well against dublin, cause when
dooher/gormley/b.mcguigan come back  theres gonna be serious competition for places
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ONeill

Interesting to read that as Mickey is playing down this weekend's clash, Brolly is writing about its importance in the grand scheme of things. I can see Walsh and Star wanting to make a point about last year's collapse in Croker but from what I saw against Donegal, Cooper will be mighty mighty dangerous.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Is Donaghy not injured? So far they're forecasting a decent day for Sunday and if thats the case we could be in for a real top class game. Shouldnt have a major bearing later in the year but its always nice to beat Kerry. Have heard at least 3 Tyrone players saying in interviews this week that they'd like to win the league, looks like something that has been talked about in training.

ONeill

Sorry, yes Donaghy has been ruled out.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAnyone believeing Kerry are travelling up the road with Valentines Cards this Sunday need to think again.  Kerry want 2 points, bitter revenge, and self assurance so after they clap Tyrone out on to the field they will want to measure themselves against the team of the decade.  The Kerry animal has been caged from September,  expect to see it on Sunday.   Twould be interesting to note that in the incident during the AIF at half time Kerry would have lost the services of Dara o Se and was it star?, under the new rules asnd ultimately the game would have been over earlier.  Last year they were an undisciplined rabble under a poor enough manager, if anything JOC who I believe is an excellent if slightly bitchy manager will promote a higher  degree of discipline within the camp - I thin k it will work if things go right but my fear for Kerry football is if things go wrong he shouldnt bitch at the O ses and the county board and the Northern teams.  All the old ugly faces will be back over the course of 09 for both camps.  This game is another teaser for the rest of the season.  Both counties will give it all  in August... and they are that feckin ignorant they will go again on Sunday

It is unfortunate that the standard bearers of Gaelic football have to clap fellas like Gormley and "w**ker sign" Mulligan onto the field. It demeans the whole custom really.

ONeill

I was gonna bring my autograph book. What's the best way to approach Galvin?

ziggysego

You're probably right ;)
Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

ONeill, don't be writing in your autograph book, he might slap it out of your hands  ;)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

caraghtyrone

TEN MARATHONS IN 10 DAYS FOR CANCER
[/color][/b]

Later this year, a group of young people from Carrickmore – all of them young but some of them younger - will embark on a challenging fund raising venture when they take on what amounts to 10 marathons in 10 days. On 10th July they will leave Cork City centre on foot, with ten days to complete their trek to Carrickmore.

The trip is a repeat of one completed two decades ago and three of that group Sean Kerr, Dan Hughes and Kieran Hurson are among the twenty that will undertake this year's "long march".

The purpose of the endeavour is to raise funds for local cancer charities which include Marie Curie Cancer Care and Macmillan Cancer Support.

Each one of the group are well into their personal fitness regimes and despite the inclement weather hi viz jackets are much in evidence on the highways and byways of mid Tyrone. Follow their preparation and the progress of the fundraising on the group's website which will be launched this weekend - www.c2c4c.ie – (Cork 2Carrickmore4Cancer)

Next Sunday the walkers will be outside the turnstiles at Healy Park collecting donations and will also be introduced at half time on the field at the National League fixture between Tyrone and Kerry.  Please give generously.

Fund raising started on the 1st January and already in excess of £10,000 has been pledged.  All expenses of the walk will be covered by sponsors, so every penny or cent collected will go to the nominated charities.

Tyrone Dreamer

Three changes to Kerry team to play Tyrone on Sunday 
Friday, 13 February 2009 
The Kerry team to play Tyrone in Sunday's Round 2 Allianz National league game in Omagh shows three changes from the team that defeated Donegal two weeks ago.  Diarmuid Murphy is back in the number one jersey, Daniel Bohan comes in at left half back and Sean O'Sullivan comes in at right half forward.  Injuries to Tommy Griffin and Donnacha Walsh have ruled them out for selection. Ronán O'Flaherta is also injured and Kieran Quirke is on the panel for Sunday's game.   (1) Diarmuid Murphy Dingle (2) Padraig Reidy Scartaglin (3) Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore) (4) Killian Young (Renard)
(5) Aidan O'Shea Glenbeigh /Gleancar  (6) Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (7) Daniel Bohan Austin Stacks (8) Seamus Scanlon Currow (9) David Moran Kerins O'Rahilly's (10) Paul Galvin Finuge   (11) Declan O'Sullivan Piarsaigh Na Dromada (12) Sean O'Sullivan Cromane   
(13) Colm Cooper Dr. Crokes (14) Tommy Walsh Kerins O'Rahilly's (15) Darran O'Sullivan Glenbeigh/Glencar (Captain)   

Fir Ionad: (16) Ger Reidy (Castleisland Desmonds) (17) Brian Sheehan (St Mary's) (19) Paul O'Connor (Kenmare) (20) Anthony Maher (Duagh) (21) Kieran O'Leary (Dr. Crokes) (22) Brian Moran Kerins O'Rahillys  (23) Ronan O'Connor Ballyduff (24) Maurice Corridan (Finuge) (25) Kieran Quirke (Duagh)

tyssam5

Different complexion on that Kerry FF line from last time. Couple of speedy lads at least one of whom can kick points. Don't think we'll be being Joey back to the corner this time! Will McGee pick up Cooper? How swift is Swift? (I'll get me coat)