So Michael Phelps...

Started by Stalin, February 01, 2009, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Dinny Breen

I'm right in saying if he tests positive for Cannabis he gets an automatic 2 year ban, poses the question how does he mask the drugs if he indeed is smoking cannabis? And potentially what other drugs could he be masking?
#newbridgeornowhere

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 01, 2009, 01:21:16 PM
I'm right in saying if he tests positive for Cannabis he gets an automatic 2 year ban, poses the question how does he mask the drugs if he indeed is smoking cannabis? And potentially what other drugs could he be masking?

exactly.

What an absoloute eejit though, to go in to a party and take canabis where anyone could (and has) snapped a picture. 
Has he a brain cell?

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Stalin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 01, 2009, 01:21:16 PM

exactly.

What an absoloute eejit though, to go in to a party and take canabis where anyone could (and has) snapped a picture. 
Has he a brain cell?

When the drink's in...
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

DrinkingHarp

The picture doesn't look like him.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Bogball XV

bit stupid, but what's the harm?  Hardly performance enhancing either, it really is time that sporting organisations stopped applying the same penalties for use of recreational drugs as they do for performance enhancing drugs.

milltown row

i believe she was at the party

youngfella

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 01, 2009, 08:43:28 PM
bit stupid, but what's the harm?  Hardly performance enhancing either, it really is time that sporting organisations stopped applying the same penalties for use of recreational drugs as they do for performance enhancing drugs.

The harm is if he was on dope and it wasnt detected, What other drugs is he masking?
Pull hard and early

imtommygunn

While I wouldn't be sure that everyone who isn't caught taking drugs in sport is clean I find it really hard to believe that it couldn't catch cannabis.

It could be his first time using it and perhaps he hasn't had a test since then. May sound implausible but I believe it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 01, 2009, 11:08:07 PM
While I wouldn't be sure that everyone who isn't caught taking drugs in sport is clean I find it really hard to believe that it couldn't catch cannabis.

It could be his first time using it and perhaps he hasn't had a test since then. May sound implausible but I believe it.
How gullible can anyone be?
If you never smoked canabis before do you think you'd be able to pick up a bong and start?

I wouldnt give a shite if he's smoking it or not but as Dinny points out he's been masking it so what else has he been masking?

Rav67

I can't believe that he's able to go on benders and smoke dope and still reach close to perfection in his athleticism

carribbear

He should have been taking tips from Rio how to get away with it....

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rav67 on February 01, 2009, 11:22:45 PM
I can't believe that he's able to go on benders and smoke dope and still reach close to perfection in his athleticism
couldnt have taht big affect unless he's at it every week.

nrico2006

As mentioned its not performance enhancing so whats the problem?  As for hiding other drugs, I'm sure he is tested rigorously enough (did his coach not come out recently saying he had 1500 clean tests).  I am sure Phelps isn't at this craic every week or when hes in competitive action either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'