Setanta Ireland

Started by Fermanaghandsam, January 30, 2009, 10:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fermanaghandsam

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Setanta Ireland in the north. It doesnt seem to be available on Virgin Media or Top Up TV. How do I go about getting it. It would be great to be able to watch a national league game each saturday night. Cheers

Shortso79

I got the national league matches last season on setanta and I live in the north - pay the monthly subscription though

Thinks its only the 3pm saturday premier league matches that u cant get

Definitely watched the saturday night games last season

Fermanaghandsam

Cheers for the response, what provider do you get it through, I currently have Virgin Media and all I get is Setanta 1 and 2 (both uk). I was thinking of getting a top up Tv box but only if I can get Setanta Ireland on it and hence the GAA live on a saturday night.

Shortso79

just thru sky - rang setanta up and got the monthly subscription

Fermanaghandsam

Cheers, yeah seems it is only available through sky in the north at the minute. F**kin Virgin Media are useless as usual, no surprise there. It looks like I will have to go to the pub each saturday nite then to watch it, I suppose you cant beat a few quiet pints watching the footie  ;D

Norf Tyrone

So just for the record, if you have Setanta package and live in the North, setanta Ireland will be on for the match tonight.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaffer

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 31, 2009, 10:59:34 AM
So just for the record, if you have Setanta package and live in the North, setanta Ireland will be on for the match tonight.

Good to know that cos alot of people in the north have Setanta but weren t sure whether they could get the match.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Gaffer on January 31, 2009, 11:40:13 AM

Good to know that cos alot of people in the north have Setanta but weren t sure whether they could get the match.

Shit. Sorry Gaffer what I meant to type was a question....

So just for the record, if you have Setanta package and live in the North, setanta Ireland will it be on for the match tonight?

pintsofguinness

Does anyone know where online I could watch the match tonight  :'(

Do you know there's a sententa online package, does that show the games? Or many of them?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Open yer eyes Man

Are you sure about this?

During the International Rules series, the games were blocked to us in the North.  I rang and complained this but was just wasting my breath.  Someone was to look into this and get back to me - they never did.  I emailed as well but never received a reply.  Communication obviously isn't one of their strong points.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on January 31, 2009, 01:26:00 PM

Are you sure about this?

During the International Rules series, the games were blocked to us in the North.  I rang and complained this but was just wasting my breath.  Someone was to look into this and get back to me - they never did.  I emailed as well but never received a reply.  Communication obviously isn't one of their strong points.
I thought the international rules were on RTE.

My understanding is that setanta Ire show wverything in the North bar programmes that have a rights issue. An example being live premiership football on a Sat at 3pm, as there is an embargo from the FA of games being shown live at this time.

I think that the NL games don't have a rights issue i.e. Sentanta own them.

Open yer eyes Man

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 31, 2009, 02:22:26 PM
Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on January 31, 2009, 01:26:00 PM

Are you sure about this?

I thought the international rules were on RTE.

My understanding is that setanta Ire show wverything in the North bar programmes that have a rights issue. An example being live premiership football on a Sat at 3pm, as there is an embargo from the FA of games being shown live at this time.

I think that the NL games don't have a rights issue i.e. Sentanta own them.

Good stuff - look foward to watching it

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 01:10:12 PM

Do you know there's a sententa online package, does that show the games? Or many of them?

Try here
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=29627&part=sports

Drumanee 1

makes a bit of a bollicks of all the big promo of the start of the nfl and the 125th year and the majority of people wont be able to watch it.

Tyrones own

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 01:10:12 PM

It is on Setanta broadband Pints, not sure how much it costs to watch a single game as I have the annual subscription.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann