Oxegen 2009

Started by stiffler, January 30, 2009, 07:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Oxegen 2009

Bloc Party are among the latest names confirmed for this year's Oxegen festival.
The art-rockers will be joined by indie pop group The Script and the 'I Kissed A Girl' singer Katy Perry.

Today's confirmations join headliners The Killers, Snow Patrol and Kings Of Leon, who will play for the second consecutive year.

Oxegen 2009, which was voted Best European Festival last year, will take place at Punchestown Racecourse, County Kildare from 10-12 July.

Anyone thinking of heading to it this year?

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Declan

Same weekend as Springsteen - suppose it means less drunken teenagers around the RDS anyway

Stalin

so oxegen 2009=oxegen 2008=oxegen 2007?
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Shortso79

Might go to one of the days -

more acts to be announced over the next three weeks

Katy Perry would be nice on the eye  ;)

Bensars

Im on a stag party to it for the 3 days

Shortso79

u serious - bensars ?

thats mad

Mayo4Sam

Great to see KoL again, will pick up my tickets closer to the time this year, they are bound to be cheaper close to the time
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Armin Tamzarian

at €224.50 a ticket for the 3 day camping I'll be giving this a miss.  Would have loved to have went one more time but the thought of rolling around in shite in a field in Kildare compared to a fair down payment on a sun/snow holiday, only one winner..... :-\

blewuporstuffed

as much as I enjoy oxegen, cant see me going back this year. Far to many hoods at it now compared to the early years.
Last year my brother got his car broken in to and all his and his mates clothes stolen, my mate got his tent slashed and his car keys stolen and we got several things taken from the group of tents at our campsite.
So much for the festival spirt! Just seems to have turned into a playground for hoods and thieves.Pity cause the music and bands are usually great
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

thejuice

Went to Oxegen once. I prefer to head to festivals on the continant rather than in Ireland. better weather, better craic, better line-ups, less wankers, cheaper and better beers, better organised festivals, better facilities. Theres a wide choice of festivals to suit your taste.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: thejuice on February 26, 2009, 09:37:19 AM
Went to Oxegen once. I prefer to head to festivals on the continant rather than in Ireland. better weather, better craic, better line-ups, less w**kers, cheaper and better beers, better organised festivals, better facilities. Theres a wide choice of festivals to suit your taste.

which ones did you go to juice?
was thinking of giving roskilde a go,maybe next year,you been to it?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

thebandit

The one outside Valencia is brilliant

nutsy--1

How much are the tickets, and when are they out???

The Watcher Pat

Might head to it myself this year...

3 days on the rip doesn't sound too bad to me..

Don't even care who's playing but would like to see Lily Allen in the flesh to see what she looks like..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

thejuice

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 26, 2009, 10:51:10 AM
Quote from: thejuice on February 26, 2009, 09:37:19 AM
Went to Oxegen once. I prefer to head to festivals on the continant rather than in Ireland. better weather, better craic, better line-ups, less w**kers, cheaper and better beers, better organised festivals, better facilities. Theres a wide choice of festivals to suit your taste.

which ones did you go to juice?
was thinking of giving roskilde a go,maybe next year,you been to it?

I've been to Wacken and Graspop . Going to Clisson in France this year. Roskilde is meant to be good craic. I've never been to it though. Apart from that one bad time with Pearl Jam I've only heard good things.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016