The Southern "Irish"

Started by rrhf, January 30, 2009, 05:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 09:45:43 PM
Quotenot going to get into this argument too much accept to say that pre EU days there was actually f54k all the irish gov could have done.
They could have got a backbone and opened their f**king mouths!

Yeah and what the hell did you do for the economy that gives you the right to start preaching ???
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 09:45:43 PM
Quote from: mannix on February 01, 2009, 09:04:18 PM
I was told by a man in new york that my english was very good. He was born and reared in queens.
That's nothing, my woman went to order in a bar in london and was asked did she speak english!
Ive been asked twice now while here if I spoke english!

Quotenot going to get into this argument too much accept to say that pre EU days there was actually f54k all the irish gov could have done.
They could have got a backbone and opened their f**king mouths!

So they should have entered talks?

I thought you were hinting towards Jihad.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Should have demanded answers muppet, even if they werent going to get them it would have meant something to the nationalist community in the north.

What are you on about Wsteve?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

whiskeysteve

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 09:52:01 PM
Should have demanded answers muppet, even if they werent going to get them it would have meant something to the nationalist community in the north.

What did YOU do about the situation that gave you grounds to criticise? easy for you to label 'spineless' from afar
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

pintsofguinness

Quote from: whiskeysteve on February 01, 2009, 10:00:12 PM

What did YOU do about the situation that gave you grounds to criticise? easy for you to label 'spineless' from afar
Well I was never an elected politican so I hadnt the chance to speak out publicly or demand answers.   

whiskeysteve

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 10:02:39 PM

Well I was never an elected politican so I hadnt the chance to speak out publicly or demand answers.   

i.e. you did nothing

pintsofguinness

Quote from: whiskeysteve on February 01, 2009, 10:15:59 PM

i.e. you did nothing
I did all I could considering the position I was in i.e. just another Joe soap.  I attened plenty of marches and rallies in my time, I voted for who I thought would fight for us etc

I was not an elected politican in a position to speak to the media or governments was I?  ::)  ::)  ::)

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 10:18:39 PM

i.e. you did nothing
I did all I could considering the position I was in i.e. just another Joe soap.  I attened plenty of marches and rallies in my time, I voted for who I thought would fight for us etc

I was not an elected politican in a position to speak to the media or governments was I?  ::)  ::)  ::)

So all southerners who were not politicians or in a position to speak to the media are ok?
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

So all southerners who were not politicians or in a position to speak to the media are ok?
No, obviously there are limitations on what people could do, depending on their position. 
THe irish governments could have done more by speaking out/demanding answers etc
The normal southerner could have shown an interest, cared, asked their politicans what they were going to do in relation to the North, they too could have went out on to the streets in shows of solidarity but generally the "I'm alright Jack" attitude prevailed.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 10:18:39 PM

i.e. you did nothing

Yeah, yeah, sure you attended lots of those economic rallies the past few years. "Im alright Jack"

::)  ::)  ::)

;D

pintsofguinness

What are you on about, economic rallies?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 10:31:18 PM
What are you on about, economic rallies?
Are those rallies that don't cost too much to organise?

Tankie

Get of the cross POG, you boys talk some shite, why dont all you boys working in Britain walk out of your jobs in protest! What side of the strike would you be on in this 'British jobs for British workers' shite they are going on with?

when the union lads come over and ask you nationality i expect you would whip out the Irish passport and leave the office  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tankie on February 02, 2009, 02:22:22 AM

Get of the cross POG, you boys talk some shite, why dont all you boys working in Britain walk out of your jobs in protest! What side of the strike would you be on in this 'British jobs for British workers' shite they are going on with?

when the union lads come over and ask you nationality i expect you would whip out the Irish passport and leave the office  ::)
Without a moment's hesitation. 

I'm not sure why I should be walking out of my job in protest though?

Zapatista

Quote from: magickingdom on February 01, 2009, 09:40:20 PM

not going to get into this argument too much accept to say that pre EU days there was actually f54k all the irish gov could have done.

Rather than do nothing they decided to actively work against their 'own citizens'.